AME CEE stands for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Examination. It is an entrance examination conducted by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in India for admission to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) programs.
AME is a three-year program that trains individuals to maintain and repair aircraft. The program covers various aspects of aircraft maintenance, including aircraft structures, engines, electrical systems, and avionics. Upon completion of the program, individuals can work in the aviation industry as aircraft maintenance engineers.
The AME CEE exam is typically held in offline mode and consists of multiple-choice questions covering topics such as physics, mathematics, and aviation maintenance. Candidates who pass the exam can apply for admission to various AME colleges in India that are approved by the DGCA.
How to fill AME CEE Application Form
The AME CEE application form can be filled online through the official website of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Here are the steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the official website of DGCA and click on the link to the AME CEE application form.
- Fill in the personal details such as name, date of birth, contact details, and email address.
- Upload the scanned copy of your recent passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Fill in the educational details and select the preferred exam center.
- Pay the application fee through the online mode using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- After successful payment, submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
It is important to carefully fill in all the details in the application form and ensure that the uploaded documents are in the prescribed format. Also, candidates should keep a copy of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Syllabus AME CEE
The syllabus for the AME CEE exam is designed to assess the candidate’s knowledge of physics, mathematics, and aviation maintenance. The topics covered in the AME CEE syllabus are as follows:
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy, and power
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Oscillations and waves
- Electrostatics and current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Sets, relations, and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Limit, continuity, and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Aircraft rules and regulations
- Aircraft maintenance practices and procedures
- Aircraft electrical systems
- Aircraft instruments and navigation systems
- Aircraft materials and hardware
- Aircraft structures and systems
- Aircraft welding and brazing
- Aircraft reciprocating engines
- Aircraft gas turbine engines
- Propellers and controls
Candidates should study the above topics thoroughly to crack the AME CEE exam with a good score.
Exam pattern AME CEE
The AME CEE exam pattern comprises multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from three subjects: Physics, Mathematics, and Aviation Maintenance. The exam is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based) and the total duration of the exam is 2.5 hours. The exam pattern for AME CEE is as follows:
- The exam consists of a total of 90 questions, with 30 questions from each subject.
- Each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The questions are in English and are of objective type.
- Candidates must use a black ballpoint pen to mark their answers on the OMR sheet provided.
- The Physics and Mathematics sections are for a total of 60 marks (30 marks each) and the Aviation Maintenance section is for 30 marks.
- The difficulty level of the questions is based on the 12th standard syllabus of physics, mathematics, and basic aviation maintenance.
- The exam centers are located in various cities across India and candidates can choose their preferred center during the application process.
- The minimum qualifying marks for AME CEE exam are 50% for General category candidates and 45% for reserved category candidates.
Overall, the AME CEE exam pattern is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of physics, mathematics, and aviation maintenance and assess their ability to apply this knowledge to real-life aviation situations.
Eligibility Criteria AME CEE Exam
The eligibility criteria for AME CEE Exam are as follows:
- Age Limit: The candidate should have attained a minimum age of 16 years at the time of applying for the exam.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the above-mentioned subjects.
- Physical Fitness: The candidate should be medically fit and should meet the physical fitness requirements prescribed by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
It is important for the candidates to fulfill all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible to appear for the AME CEE exam. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to appear for the exam, and their candidature will be canceled. Therefore, candidates should carefully read and understand the eligibility criteria before applying for the AME CEE exam.
AME CEE Admission 2023 Accepting Colleges
The list of colleges accepting AME CEE scores for admission in 2023 may vary and is subject to change based on the regulations and policies of the concerned authorities. However, some of the top colleges that have accepted AME CEE scores in the past include:
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics, New Delhi
- Institute of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Mumbai
- Hindustan Aviation Academy, Bangalore
- Sha-Shib Aviation Academy, Coimbatore
- Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Secunderabad
- VSM Aerospace, Bangalore
- National College of Aviation, Bangalore
- Indus University, Ahmedabad
These are some of the top colleges accepting AME CEE scores for admission in 2023. Candidates should note that the admission criteria and process may differ from college to college, and they are advised to check the respective college websites for more information regarding the admission process, fees, and eligibility criteria.