Ram Manohar Lohia, M.D. Ayodhya district, Uttar Pradesh, India’s Faizabad, is home to the state institution known simply as Avadh institution. It was started in 1975 by the Uttar Pradeshi government. About 5 lakh regular/private students are being served by the university’s nine residential PG departments, on-campus Institute of Engineering, and more than 600 associated colleges.
Table of Contents
AU, Faizabad, was initially formed by the Uttar Pradesh government as an affiliating university by its notification no. 1192/fifteen-10-46(6)-1975 dated 4 March 1975, and Prof. (Dr.) Surendra Singh was named as the first vice chancellor. In honor of the late Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, a socio-economic idealist and independence warrior, it was renamed Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University in 1993–1994. It was renamed Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya in 1993–1994 in honor of the late Dr. Rammanohar Lohia, a legendary socio-economic idealist and freedom warrior.
Avadh University (RMLAU)’s calendar of events for 2023 is provided below:
|January 14||Admission for UG and PG courses starts|
|February 28||Last date to apply for UG and PG courses|
|March 14||First round of merit list for UG and PG courses|
|March 21||Second round of merit list for UG and PG courses|
|March 28||Admission process for UG and PG courses starts|
|April 15||Last date to submit admission fee for UG and PG courses|
|May 1||First day of classes for UG and PG courses|
|June 20||Mid-semester examinations for UG and PG courses|
|July 15||End of semester examinations for UG and PG courses|
|August 15||Admission for PG Diploma courses starts|
|September 10||Last date to apply for PG Diploma courses|
|September 25||First round of merit list for PG Diploma courses|
|October 10||Second round of merit list for PG Diploma courses|
|October 15||Admission process for PG Diploma courses starts|
|November 1||Last date to submit admission fee for PG Diploma courses|
In the 2023 QS World University Rankings, AU (RMLAU) is positioned between 1001 and 1200. It comes in at number 137 in India and number 10 in Uttar Pradesh.
The 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings place AU between 1001 and 1200. It comes in at number 135 in India and number 9 in Uttar Pradesh.
The NIRF Ranking for 2023 places Avadh University between 101 and 150. In India, it is ranked 81st, and it is third in Uttar Pradesh.
The following table shows where Avadh University stands in various publications:
Courses,fees & Eligibility
Avadh University (RMLAU) provides numerous undergraduate and graduate courses in a variety of subject areas. The institution offers the following popular courses:
Depending on the course and the type of student, different tuition rates apply at AU (RMLAU). The annual starting price for undergraduate courses is Rs. 10,000, while the annual starting price for graduate programs is Rs. 15,000. Students who identify as SC/ST may be exempt from paying tuition.
Depending on the subject and the student’s category, different students meet different AU (RMLAU) admission requirements.
- The candidate must have passed the 12th standard examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidate must have passed the entrance examination conducted by the university.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit to pursue the course.
Depending on the course and the type of applicant, the Avadh University (RMLAU) admissions procedure differs.
Here is the admission process for UG courses at Avadh University:
The candidate must apply online through the university website.
The candidate must pay the application fee.
- The candidate must appear for the entrance examination conducted by the university.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination and the graduation marks.
- The selected candidates will be called for counseling.
- The candidates will have to submit the required documents at the time of counseling.
The requirements for admission to Avadh University (RMLAU) vary by subject, student category, and the number of seats available. After the entrance exam is completed, the cutoffs are made public.
Here is the cut offs process of Avadh University:
- BA (Hons.) – General: 80%, SC/ST: 65%
- BSc (Hons.) – General: 75%, SC/ST: 60%
- BCom (Hons.) – General: 70%, SC/ST: 55%
- LLB (Hons.) – General: 65%, SC/ST: 50%
- B.Ed. – General: 60%, SC/ST: 45%
- BLIS – General: 55%, SC/ST: 40%
The Avadh University (RMLAU) findings have not yet been made public. Typically, they are announced in December. The university website will host the results. Students will need their roll number and birthdate in order to view the results. The students’ names, roll numbers, subjects, final grades, and names will all be included in the results. Students should carefully review their findings after viewing them and report any inaccuracies to the institution right once.
The steps to check your Avadh University result are as follows:
- Go to the Avadh University website.
- Click on the “Results” tab.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen.
Avadh University (RMLAU) has a good placement record. The university has tie-ups with a number of reputed companies that come for campus placements. The average salary package offered to students at Avadh University is around Rs. 3 lakhs per annum.
The top businesses that have recently visited Avadh University for campus placements are listed below:
The placement cell of Avadh University supports students in their employment hunt. The placement cell instructs and advises students on how to get ready for on-campus placements. Additionally assisting students in networking with potential employers is the placement cell.
Avadh University is a wonderful choice if you’re looking for a strong placement history. The institution has strong relationships with reputable businesses, and the placement cell offers students the assistance they need to land a solid career.
Avadh University (RMLAU) provides students with a range of scholarships. Scholarship eligibility requirements vary based on the award, but they often take academic achievement, financial need, and other considerations into account.
- Merit-based scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who have achieved high academic standing.
- Financial need scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Ethnic scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from underrepresented ethnic groups.
- Sports scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who participate in varsity sports.
- Leadership scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate leadership qualities.
- In the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, Faizabad is home to AU (RMLAU). One thousand acres make up the campus of the institution. There are several academic buildings, residence halls, sporting venues, and a library on the campus.
- Classrooms, labs, and offices are housed in the campus’ academic buildings. Student housing is available at the residence halls on campus. A stadium, a pool, and a gymnasium are some of the campus’s sporting amenities. There are more than a million books in the campus library’s collection.
- The Avadh University campus is stunning and immaculately kept. It’s a terrific place to live and study. The campus is a nice spot to roam about because it has many trees and other flora.
- Indian environmental scientist and former civil servant Afroz Ahmad. He has leadership skills and knowledge in environmental management and protection from the United Nations. He is regarded in ensuring sustainable development in India and integrating the environment with development
- Anupam Shyam Ojha was an Indian cinema and television actor who specialized in playing villains. He died on August 8, 2021. In the 2009 and 2021 seasons of the STAR Plus television series Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, he played Sajjan Singh Thakur. In addition, he contributed to internationally recognized films including Lajja, Nayak, Dubai Return, Parzania, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005), Shakti: The Power, Bandit Queen, and others.
- Indrajeet Patel, an Indian long-distance runner who participates in events from the 3000 meter to the half marathon, was born on January 15, 1994. In 2012, he took home the 10,000-meter national championship. He has won the Mumbai Half Marathon thrice and was the 5000-meter champion at the 2014 All-India Inter-State Championships. He participated in the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics for India.
- Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, a politician from India who was born on January 8, 1957, is currently the Kaiserganj representative for the Bharatiya Janata Party. He currently serves as the Wrestling Federation of India’s president.
The government of Uttar Pradesh, established Avadh University, Ayodhya, initially as an affiliating university by it’s notification No. 1192/fifteen-10-46(6)-1975 dated 04 March, 1975 and appointed Prof. (Dr.) Surendra Singh as the first Vice chancellor.
The highest package is INR 5.6 LPA. The lowest package is INR 3.5 LPA. 79 percent of students were placed in our course.
It is a State University located in the Faizabad city of Uttar Pradesh. RMLAU was accredited with a ‘B’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The University is also recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, commonly known as Avadh University, is a state university located in Faizabad, Ayodhya district, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 1975 by the government of Uttar Pradesh.