CSSET or Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. The exam is conducted for admission to the Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed) program offered by various institutions affiliated with the Sansthan. The exam evaluates candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as Sanskrit literature, Indian philosophy, linguistics, and education. The exam is conducted in both Hindi and English languages. If you are interested in appearing for the CSSET exam, you can check the official website of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan for more information on eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process, and important dates.
CSSET stands for Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. The exam is conducted for admission to the Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed) program offered by various institutions affiliated with the Sansthan
The Shiksha Shastri program is a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree program that is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills related to Sanskrit language, literature, and education. The program is aimed at producing qualified teachers who can teach Sanskrit in schools and colleges.
The CSSET exam tests candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as Sanskrit literature, Indian philosophy, linguistics, and education. The exam is conducted in both Hindi and English languages. Candidates who qualify the Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test exam can apply for admission to the Shiksha Shastri program offered by the affiliated institutions.
Overall, the Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test exam is a crucial step for students who want to pursue a career in teaching Sanskrit. It provides a platform for them to showcase their knowledge and skills and get admission to the Shiksha Shastri program offered by reputed institutions in India.
CSSET Important Exam Dates
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Release of Notification||March 2023|
|Online Application Form Availability||April 2023|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||May 2023|
|Admit Card Release||June 2023|
|CSSET Exam Date||July 2023|
|Answer Key Release||July 2023|
|Result Declaration||August 2023|
CSSET APPLICATION FORM
The CSSET application form is the first step for candidates who wish to appear for the Central Sanskrit Universities Common Entrance Test. It is expected to be available in online mode on the official website of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan.
The CSSET application form usually requires candidates to fill in their personal, academic, and other relevant details. They will also need to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature as per the prescribed format. Candidates are also required to pay the application fee through the available payment options such as debit/credit card or net banking.
Before filling the Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test application form, candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully and ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for the exam. They should also check the important dates related to the application process to avoid any last-minute confusion.
It is important to submit the application form before the last date to avoid any last-minute technical glitches. After submitting the application form, candidates can download the admit card and start preparing for the Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test exam.
CSSET APPLICATION FEE
The application fee for the Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test , is as follows:
Application Fee (Expected)
|General and OBC||Rs. 1200|
How to Apply for CSSET 2023
The application process for Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test 2023 is expected to be conducted in online mode. Here are the steps to apply for CSSET 2023:
- Visit the official website of CSSET (once the application process starts).
- Register on the website by providing your basic details such as name, email ID, phone number, etc.
- After registration, you will receive a login ID and password on your registered email ID and phone number.
- Use these credentials to log in to the CSSET application portal.
- Fill in the CSSET application form with all the required details such as personal information, educational qualifications, and other relevant details.
- Upload scanned copies of your recent passport-sized photograph and signature as per the prescribed format and size.
- Pay the application fee using the available online payment options such as debit/credit card or net banking.
- Review the application form and ensure that all the details provided are correct.
- Submit the CSSET application form before the last date.
CSSET - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CSSET stands for Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan to provide admission to candidates in the Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed.) programme offered by various colleges affiliated with Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan.
The eligibility criteria for CSSET include a Bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit or an equivalent degree with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Relaxation in the qualifying marks is provided to the reserved category candidates as per the norms of the government.
The CSSET application process for the year 2023 is expected to start in the month of June 2023. Candidates are advised to check the official website regularly for updates related to the application process.
The CSSET exam is conducted in offline (pen and paper-based) mode.
The CSSET syllabus includes topics such as Sanskrit Grammar and Linguistics, Indian Culture, Literature, and Philosophy, and Teaching Methodologies.
The CSSET exam consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, each carrying 100 marks. The duration of each paper is 2 hours. Paper 1 includes questions related to Sanskrit language and literature, while Paper 2 includes questions related to education and teaching methodologies.
The validity of the CSSET score is generally for one year. Candidates who wish to seek admission in the Shiksha Shastri programme can apply for admission using their CSSET score within the validity period.
CSSET Eligibility Criteria
|Nationality||Citizen of India|
|Age Limit||No upper age limit|
|Educational Qualification||Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university in India|
|Minimum Marks||At least 55% marks in qualifying degree (relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government norms)|
|Relaxation for Ph.D. Holders||Eligible with at least 50% marks in Master’s degree|
|Employment Status||Need NOC if already employed|
CSSET Cut Off
The cutoff marks for Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test vary for different categories and subjects. Here are the category-wise cutoff marks for some of the popular subjects:
Cutoff Marks (Out of 200)
Cutoff Marks (Out of 200)
Cutoff Marks (Out of 200)
Cutoff Marks (Out of 200)
CSSER Addmission Process
- CSSET Entrance Exam: The first step towards admission is to appear for the CSSET entrance exam conducted by the conducting body. The exam is typically held in the month of June.
- Declaration of Result: Once the results of the entrance exam are declared, the conducting body publishes the merit list of the qualified candidates on their official website.
- Counseling: Based on the merit list, eligible candidates are called for the counseling process. The counseling process typically involves document verification, seat allocation, and fee payment.
- Seat Allocation: After the counseling process, seats are allocated to the candidates based on their rank, category, and preference.
- Reporting to the Allotted College: After the seat allocation process is completed, candidates need to report to the allotted college with the required documents and fee payment receipt to complete the admission formalities.