Delhi ITI (Industrial Training Institute) admission is conducted by the Department of Training and Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Delhi ITIs offer various technical courses in fields such as engineering, non-engineering, and trades. The admission process for Delhi ITIs usually starts in the month of May, and the admission is granted based on the candidate’s performance in the qualifying examination and the entrance test conducted by the Department.here is an article on Delhi ITI .
The eligibility criteria for Delhi ITI Admission is as follows:
- Age Limit: The candidate must be at least 14 years of age as of August 1, 2022. There is no upper age limit for admission.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the 8th, 10th, or 12th standard from a recognized board or its equivalent.
- For Engineering Trades: The candidate must have passed the 10th standard or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and Science as compulsory subjects.
- For Non-Engineering Trades: The candidate must have passed the 10th standard or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Domicile: The candidate must be a resident of Delhi.
Note: Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from CBSE/Open School/Private Candidates are also eligible for Delhi ITI admission.
It is essential for candidates to meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible for admission to Delhi ITIs. Candidates should also check the official notification for any additional eligibility criteria specific to the course/trade they wish to apply for.
The syllabus for Delhi ITI Admission entrance examination is as follows:
- Mathematics: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Mensuration.
- Science: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- General Knowledge: Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, General Science, and Current Affairs.
The entrance examination will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) based on the above-mentioned subjects. The question paper will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
Candidates are advised to refer to the NCERT textbooks of classes 8th, 9th, and 10th for preparing for the entrance examination. Additionally, candidates can also refer to various online study materials and practice papers available on the internet to gain more knowledge and enhance their problem-solving skills.
It is important for candidates to prepare well for the entrance examination as the admission to Delhi ITIs is granted based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination and the availability of seats in the preferred ITI and trade/course.
The exam pattern for Delhi ITI Admission entrance examination is as follows:
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Mode: The entrance examination is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based test).
- Type of Questions: The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Number of Questions: The question paper consists of 150 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries one mark, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Subjects: The question paper is divided into three sections – Mathematics, Science, and General Knowledge.
- Language: The question paper is available in both English and Hindi languages.
Candidates are advised to carefully read and understand the instructions mentioned in the question paper before attempting the questions. It is also recommended that candidates practice previous years’ question papers and online mock tests to get an idea about the exam pattern and the type of questions asked in the entrance examination.
Prepration Tips for ISRO Propulsion Complex
Here are some preparation tips for Delhi ITI Admission entrance examination:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Before starting the preparation, candidates should be aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus. Knowing the exam pattern will help candidates to prepare a study plan and focus on the topics that are more important.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial in any competitive exam. Candidates should divide their time equally among all the sections and try to solve the easy questions first to save time.
- Practice Previous Years’ Question Papers: Solving previous years’ question papers and sample papers will help candidates to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam and also help them to identify their weak areas.
- Study NCERT Books: Candidates should study the NCERT books of classes 8th, 9th, and 10th as they form the basis of the exam syllabus.
- Make Notes: Making short notes of important concepts, formulas, and definitions will help candidates in revision before the exam.
- Revision: Revision is important to retain the concepts and formulas studied. Candidates should revise the topics regularly and also practice mock tests to test their knowledge.
- Stay Motivated: Candidates should stay motivated and confident throughout the preparation phase. Taking breaks, following a healthy lifestyle, and practicing meditation or yoga can help in staying calm and focused.
The registration process for Delhi ITI Admission is online, and candidates can follow the steps given below to complete the registration:
- Visit the official website of Delhi ITI Admission – itidelhiadmissions.nic.in.
- Click on the link ‘ITI Admission 2022 Registration.’
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ button.
- Fill in the registration form with the required personal and educational details.
- Upload the scanned copy of the candidate’s photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee online through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Review the registration form and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Take a printout of the registration form for future reference.
Candidates are advised to fill in the registration form carefully and cross-check the details entered before submitting the form. Any incorrect information can lead to the rejection of the application.
The application fee for Delhi ITI Admission can vary depending on the category of the candidate. It is advisable to check the official notification for the application fee details before proceeding with the registration process.
After completing the registration process, candidates will have to download the admit card from the official website to appear for the entrance examination. The admit card will contain important details such as the examination center, date and time of the examination, and the candidate’s roll number.
The counselling process for Delhi ITI Admission generally involves the following steps:
- Online Registration: Candidates who have qualified for the entrance examination will have to register themselves online for the counselling process. They will have to provide their personal and educational details, and pay the counselling fee.
- Choice Filling and Locking: After registration, candidates will have to fill in their choices of institutes and trades as per their preference. Candidates are advised to fill in as many choices as possible to increase their chances of getting a seat. After filling the choices, candidates must lock their choices before the deadline.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the merit list and the choices filled by the candidates, seats will be allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their allotment status online by logging in to their account.
- Reporting to the Allotted Institute: Candidates who have been allotted a seat must report to the allotted institute within the specified time and date along with the necessary documents. Candidates must complete the admission formalities and pay the admission fee to confirm their admission.
- Second and Third Counselling: In case there are vacant seats, the conducting authority may conduct a second and third counselling round. Candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first counselling round or those who wish to change their allotted institute can participate in the subsequent counselling rounds.
Candidates are advised to carry all the necessary documents in original and photocopy while reporting to the allotted institute. The documents required for the counselling process may vary depending on the category of the candidate. It is advisable to check the official notification for the list of documents required.
Most Preferred Colleges for Delhi ITI Admission
Delhi ITI Admission is a popular entrance examination, and there are several ITIs in Delhi that offer various trades. Some of the most preferred colleges for Delhi ITI Admission are:
- ITI Pusa, Delhi
- ITI Nand Nagri, Delhi
- ITI Jail Road, Delhi
- ITI Arab Ki Sarai, Delhi
- ITI Shahdara, Delhi
- ITI Jaffarpur, Delhi
- ITI Tilak Nagar, Delhi
- ITI Malviya Nagar, Delhi
- ITI Jahangirpuri, Delhi
- ITI Khichripur, Delhi
These ITIs offer various trades such as Electrician, Fitter, Welder, Mechanic, etc. Candidates can choose the institute and trade as per their preference and eligibility. It is advisable to check the official website of the institutes for more information on the courses offered and the eligibility criteria.