GAT Entrance syllabus 2023
The GITAM GAT (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Admission Test) syllabus for the year 2023 is not officially released yet. However, here is a general overview of the syllabus based on the previous year’s pattern:
- B.Tech: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry of 10+2 level.
- B.Pharm: Mathematics/Biology, Physics, and Chemistry of 10+2 level.
- B.Arch: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English proficiency of 10+2 level.
- BBA and B.Com: Mathematics, English proficiency, and General Knowledge of 10+2 level.
- MBA: Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness.
- M.Tech: Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Core subject knowledge.
- M.Pharm: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy.
- M.Sc: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biological Sciences of graduation level.
Please note that the actual syllabus may vary based on the specific requirements of the GAT exam for the year 2023. It is always recommended to check the official website of GITAM University for the updated syllabus and exam pattern.
GAT Entrance2023 Paper Exam Pattern
|Course Name||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|B.Tech||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry||40, 30, 30||160, 120, 120||2 hours|
|B.Pharm||Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry||40, 30, 30||160, 120, 120||2 hours|
|B.Arch||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English proficiency||40, 30, 30, 20||160, 120, 120, 80||2 hours 30 minutes|
|BBA||Mathematics, English proficiency, General Knowledge||40, 30, 30||160, 120, 120||2 hours|
|B.Com||Mathematics, English proficiency, General Knowledge||40, 30, 30||160, 120, 120||2 hours|
|MBA||Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, General Awareness||40, 20, 30, 10||160, 80, 120, 40||2 hours|
|M.Tech||Mathematics, General Aptitude, Core subject knowledge||25, 15, 60||100, 60, 240||2 hours|
|M.Pharm||Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy||25, 25, 25, 25||100, 100, 100, 100||2 hours|
|M.Sc||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences||25, 25, 25, 25||100, 100, 100, 100||2 hours|
The exam pattern for different courses may vary in terms of the number of questions, marks, and duration of the exam. However, most of the courses have multiple-choice questions, and the total marks for each course range from 80 to 560. It is important to note that the actual exam pattern for GAT 2023 may differ from the expected exam pattern mentioned above. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the official website of GITAM University for the latest updates on the exam pattern and syllabus.
Important Topics & Weightage – For B.Tech
Here are some important topics and their weightage for the B.Tech entrance exam of GAT 2023:
- Mathematics: 40 questions, 160 marks
- Algebra: 12 questions
- Trigonometry: 7 questions
- Coordinate geometry: 7 questions
- Calculus: 7 questions
- Vector algebra: 3 questions
- Probability: 2 questions
- Differential equations: 2 questions
- Physics: 30 questions, 120 marks
- Mechanics: 10 questions
- Thermal physics: 5 questions
- Waves and oscillations: 5 questions
- Optics: 5 questions
- Electricity and magnetism: 5 questions
- Chemistry: 30 questions, 120 marks
- Atomic structure and chemical bonding: 8 questions
- States of matter: 6 questions
- Chemical thermodynamics: 5 questions
- Chemical equilibrium and kinetics: 5 questions
- Solutions: 3 questions
- Electrochemistry: 3 questions
It is important to note that the above-mentioned topics and weightage are based on the previous year’s exam pattern and may vary for GAT 2023. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the official website of GITAM University for the latest updates on the exam pattern and syllabus. In addition to the above-mentioned topics, candidates should also focus on their class 11th and 12th NCERT syllabus to score well in the exam.
Important Topics & Weightage – For B.Pharma
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Important Topics|
|Mathematics/Biology||40||160||Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry, Calculus, Botany, Zoology|
|Chemistry||30||120||Atomic structure and chemical bonding, States of matter, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium and kinetics, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Organic chemistry|
|Pharmaceutics||30||120||Introduction to Pharmaceutics, Physical pharmacy, Pharmaceutical calculations, Dosages forms, Pharmaceutical engineering|
Important Topics & Weightage – For B.Arch.
|Mathematics||Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry||40-45%|
|Drawing and Sketching||Geometrical Drawing, Perspective Drawing, Sketching||35-40%|
|Aptitude||Visualizing Different Angles, 3D Perception, Colour Theory, Architectural Awareness||20-25%|
Important Topics & Weightage – For BBA/B.Com(Hons)/B.A. Economics(Hons)
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry||30-35%|
|English Language||Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension||25-30%|
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning||20-25%|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Static GK, Business and Economics||20-25%|
Important Topics & Weightage – For M.Tech/M.E.
|Engineering Maths||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations||20-25%|
|Core Subject||Subject-specific topics from undergraduate syllabus||50-60%|
|General Aptitude||Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning||15-20%|