On March 16, 2023, the GATE 2023 Result were released. On the official GATE website, gate.iitkgp.ac.in, the result is accessible.The GATE-qualified applicants may apply for M.Tech. and PhD programs in India. The institute and the area of concentration determine the M.Tech/PhD program cutoff.The cutoff for GATE 2023 is greater than that for GATE 2022. This is because there were more applicants who took the exam in 2023. On March 16, 2023, the GATE 2023 results were released. The outcome is accessible at gate.iitkgp.ac.in, the official GATE website.Candidates who pass the GATE examination are qualified to apply for M.Tech. and PhD programs in India. Depending on the institution and the area of concentration, the cutoff for M.Tech./Ph.D. programs varies.The cutoff for the GATE 2023 exam is greater than the GATE 2022 exam. This is because more candidates took the exam in 2023, which is why.
Table Of Content:-
1.GATE 2023 Result Dates
|GATE 2023 Key Release Date||February 21, 2023|
|GATE Answer Key Challenge 2023||February 22, 2023 to February 25, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Result Date||March 16, 2023 (OUT)|
|GATE Score Card 2023 Release Date||March 21 to May 31, 2023|
|Scorecard available for Download (with a fee of INR 500)||June 1 to December 31, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Counselling begins||Last Week of March 2023|
2.GATE 2023 Result Highlights
|GATE Result 2023 released by||IIT Kanpur|
|What is GATE 2023 Result Date?||GATE 2023 Result Date is March 16, 2023.|
|GATE Result 2023 link||gate.iitk.ac.in|
|GATE Score Card 2023 Download||March 21 to Dec 31, 2023|
|How to Check GATE Exam Result 2023?||Login using enrolment id/ email id and password to check iitk gate result 2023|
|Details mentioned in GATE result||Name of the paper, GATE marks (out of 100), GATE scores (out of 1000), AIR, qualifying cut off score|
|GATE result statistics||
|GATE Result Validity||3 years from the date of announcement|
3.How to Check Gate 2023 Result
|Visit the Official GATE Website||Go to the official GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) website.|
|Find the Result Section||Look for the section on the website related to “Results” or “GATE 2023 Result.”|
|Click on the Result Link||Click on the link provided for accessing the GATE 2023 result.|
|Log in with Credentials||Enter your GATE 2023 registration number and password to log in.|
|Captcha Verification||Complete any required captcha verification to ensure you’re not a bot.|
|Access Your GATE 2023 Result||After logging in, your GATE 2023 result will be displayed on the screen.|
|Check the Details||Review your name, roll number, score, rank, category, and eligibility status for M.Tech/PhD programs.|
|Download and Save the Result||If desired, download your result or take a screenshot for your records.|
|Check for GATE 2023 Cutoff Marks||If available, check the GATE 2023 cutoff marks for various disciplines and categories.|
|Follow Further Instructions for Admissions||If you’ve qualified, follow the instructions provided for M.Tech/PhD program admissions and counseling.|
4.How to GATE 2023 Result Calculate
- Raw Marks Calculation: The first step is to calculate the raw marks obtained by the candidate in the GATE examination. The raw marks are the actual marks secured in each section of the paper.
- Normalization Process: Since GATE is conducted in multiple sessions and different sessions might have slightly varying difficulty levels, a normalization process is used to ensure fairness. This process adjusts the raw marks to account for differences in difficulty.
- Normalization Formula: The normalization formula takes into consideration the average marks of all candidates and the standard deviation for the specific paper and session. This helps in equalizing the scores across different sessions.
- Calculation of Normalized Marks: The normalized marks are calculated for each candidate based on the normalization formula.
- Calculation of Score: The GATE score is then calculated based on the normalized marks. The GATE score is a normalized score out of 1000, irrespective of the paper or session. The score is used for ranking candidates.
- Calculation of All India Rank (AIR): The All India Rank (AIR) is determined based on the GATE score. The higher the GATE score, the better the rank.
- Subject-wise Score and Percentile: Apart from the GATE score, candidates also receive subject-wise scores and percentiles. These scores are calculated for each section of the paper and help candidates understand their performance in different subject areas.
- Calculation of Qualifying Marks: GATE qualifying marks are the minimum marks a candidate needs to secure in order to pass the examination. Qualifying marks vary for different disciplines and categories.
- Normalization Impact on Percentile: The normalization process affects the calculation of percentiles. Percentile indicates the percentage of candidates who scored lower than the candidate in the exam.
- Scorecard Generation: After all the calculations, individual scorecards are generated for each candidate. These scorecards contain GATE score, subject-wise scores, AIR, and other relevant details.
5. GATE 2023 Result Cut off
|Paper Code||For General||For OBC- (NCL)/ EWS||For SC/ ST/ PwD|
|CS: Computer Science and Information Technology||32.5||29.2||21.6|
|ME: Mechanical Engineering||28.4||25.5||18.9|
|EC: Electronics and Communications Engineering||29.9||26.9||19.9|
|EE: Electrical Engineering||25||22.5||16.6|
|CE: Civil Engineering||26.6||23.9||17.7|
|IN: Instrumentation Engineering||24.8||31.3||23.2|
|XE: Engineering Sciences||39.7||34.1||25.2|
|CH: Chemical Engineering||32.1||TBA||TBA|
|AR: Architecture and Planning||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|BM: Biomedical Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|AE: Aerospace Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|AG: Agriculture Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|ES: Environmental Science & Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|EY: Ecology Evolution||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|GE: Geomatics Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|MN: Mining Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|MT: Metallurgical Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|NM: Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|PE: Petroleum Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|PI: Production & Industrial Engineering||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|TF: Textile Engineering & Fiber Science||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|XH: Humanities and Social Sciences (C1- Economics)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|XH: Humanities and Social Sciences (C2- English)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|XH: Humanities and Social Sciences (C3- Linguistics)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|XH: Humanities and Social Sciences (C4- Philosophy)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|XH: Humanities and Social Sciences (C5- Psychology)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|XH: Humanities and Social Sciences (C6- Sociology)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
6.GATE 2023 Result Qualifying Marks
Stream-by-stream results are given along with the GATE 2023 qualifying marks. Candidates who achieve the required category-specific GATE 2023 qualifying marks are eligible to download their result card and take part in the M.Tech admissions counseling process.
7.Details mentioned on GATE 2023 Result
- Your Name
- GATE 2023 application number
- Marks secured out of 100
- GATE Score attained out of 1000
- AlI India Rank (AIR) in the particular paper
- GATE Paper and Code
- Cut off for GATE 2023
IIT Kanpur has declared the GATE 2023 Result along with GATE Cut Off on 16th March 2023
The GATE score of 700 will change in other branches because other factors enter the picture, but candidates will need between 50 and 60 points to receive a score of 700. Given the trends from recent years, a candidate who has a GATE score of 700 will need to earn 65 to 70 marks.
There a score range of 500 to 600 can be considered as a good performance in the GATE 2023 exam