GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to postgraduate pharmacy courses in various colleges across India. Here is some important information about GPAT 2023:
The GPAT application process is online and candidates can register and apply on the official website of NTA. Candidates need to fill in the required details, upload scanned images of their photograph and signature, and pay the application fee online. The application fee for GPAT is Rs. 2000 for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
GPAT 2023 DATES
|Online registration starts from||13th February 2023|
|Last date of form submission||13th March 2023|
|Correction facility||14th to 16th March 2023|
|Release of admit card||TBA|
|Entrance exam date||TBA|
|Answer key publish||TBA|
|Result declaration date||TBA|
How to fill GPAT application form 2023:
The application process for GPAT 2023 is expected to start in the first week of November 2022. Here are the steps to fill the GPAT application form:
Registration: Go to the official website of NTA-GPAT and click on the “New Registration” link. Enter your basic details like name, email ID, mobile number, etc. and submit the form. You will receive a system-generated application number and password on your registered email ID and mobile number.
Fill the Application Form: Log in using the application number and password and fill the application form with all the required details such as personal information, academic details, communication address, etc. Upload your scanned photograph and signature as per the specified format and size.
Preview and Edit: After filling the application form, preview the form to check all the details entered are correct. If any changes are required, edit the form before submitting it.
Pay the Application Fee: Pay the application fee through online mode using debit card/credit card/net banking. The application fee for GPAT 2023 is expected to be Rs. 2000 for General and OBC category candidates, and Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
Submit the Application Form: After payment of the application fee, submit the application form. Take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Syllabus for GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) 2023
It seems there has been some confusion. GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) and Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) are two different entrance exams with different syllabuses. Here’s the syllabus for GPAT:
The GPAT 2023 syllabus covers various topics related to pharmacy. The questions in the exam will be from the following areas:
- Pharmaceutics: Physical pharmacy, pharmaceutical engineering, drug delivery systems, pharmaceutical technology, dosage forms, biopharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, etc.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Inorganic pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry, etc.
- Pharmacology: Basic principles of pharmacology, clinical pharmacology, toxicology, drugs acting on the central nervous system, autonomic nervous system, cardiovascular system, drugs acting on the respiratory system, gastrointestinal system, endocrine system, chemotherapy, etc.
- Pharmacognosy: Basic concepts of pharmacognosy, sources of drugs, classification of crude drugs, traditional herbal drugs, biogenetic pathways, etc.
- Other topics: Biotechnology, microbiology, statistics, pharmaceutical analysis, clinical pharmacy, etc.
Exam Pattern of GPAT 2023
The GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) exam pattern for 2023 is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Number of Questions: 125 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Medium of Exam: English
The questions in the GPAT exam will be from the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Other topics like biotechnology, microbiology, statistics, pharmaceutical analysis, clinical pharmacy, etc.
The GPAT 2023 exam will have 4 sections with 125 questions, each section having 25 questions. The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and there will be negative marking for wrong answers.
Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly and prepare accordingly. It is also recommended to refer to standard textbooks and previous year question papers for better preparation.
GPAT 2023 accepting Collage
GPAT 2023 scores will be accepted by various government and private pharmacy colleges across India for admission to postgraduate programs in Pharmacy (M.Pharm). Some of the top colleges accepting GPAT scores are:
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Mohali
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vishakhapatnam
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Apart from these, several other government and private colleges also accept GPAT scores for admission to their postgraduate programs in Pharmacy.