IBPS full form is the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an organization that conducts recruitment exams for various positions in public sector banks in India. The exams conducted by IBPS include the IBPS Clerk exam, IBPS PO exam, IBPS Specialist Officer exam, and IBPS RRB exam. These exams are highly competitive and thousands of candidates appear for them every year to secure a job in the banking sector. IBPS also conducts online exams for recruitment to other government and private sector organizations. The organization is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
As you know, IBPS full form is (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is an autonomous agency that conducts recruitment exams for various positions in public sector banks in India. The organization was established in 1975 as a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and later became an independent entity in 1984. IBPS conducts exams for clerical, probationary officer (PO), specialist officer (SO), and regional rural bank (RRB) positions.
ibps full form. ibps full form. ibps full form. ibps full form. ibps full form.
IBPS Important Dates Exam 2023
|IBPS Specialist Officer||November||November-December||December||January|
|IBPS RRB||June-July||June-July||August (Officer Scale I and Office Assistant)||September (Officer Scale I and Office Assistant), September (Officer Scale II and III)|
ibps exam 2023. ibps exam 2023. ibps exam 2023. ibps exam 2023.
- Eligibility: Before filling the application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria for the exam they wish to appear for. The eligibility criteria may include age limit, educational qualification, work experience, etc.
- Registration: Candidates need to register on the IBPS website using their valid email ID and mobile number. They will receive a registration number and password which they need to keep safe as they will be required to log in to the application form using these credentials.
- Details to be filled: Candidates need to fill in their personal details such as name, address, date of birth, etc. as well as their educational qualification details, work experience, etc. They also need to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Application fee: Candidates need to pay the application fee through online mode using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Review and submission: Before submitting the application form, candidates must review all the details filled in the form and ensure that they are correct. Once they are satisfied, they can submit the form.
- Admit card: After submitting the application form and payment of the application fee, candidates can download their admit card from the IBPS website. The admit card contains important information such as exam date, time, and venue.
The application fee for IBPS clerk exams varies depending on the category of the candidate and the exam for which they are applying. Here are the general application fee details for various IBPS exams:
General/OBC Application Fee
|SC/ST/PWD Application Fee|
|IBPS Clerk||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 175/-|
|IBPS PO||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 175/-|
|IBPS Specialist Officer||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 175/-|
|IBPS RRB (Officer Scale I and Office Assistant)||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 175/-|
|IBPS RRB (Officer Scale II and III)||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 175|
How to Apply for IBPS 2023
- Visit the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) (www.ibps.in).
- Click on the “CWE PO/MT” or “CWE Clerk” or “CWE Specialist Officers” or “RRBs” tab depending on the exam for which you want to apply.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link and then click on the “New Registration” button.
- Fill in your basic details such as name, email ID, phone number, and address to register.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a registration number and password. Use these credentials to log in to the application form.
- Fill in your personal, educational, and other required details in the application form.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- After successful payment, submit the application form.
- Download and take a printout of the application form for future reference.
IBPS clerk. IBPS clerk. IBPS clerk.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an autonomous body that conducts various banking exams such as IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB, and IBPS Specialist Officer for recruitment of personnel in the banking sector.
Candidates can apply for IBPS exams online by visiting the official website of IBPS and following the instructions given for the specific exam they want to apply for.
The syllabus for IBPS exams varies depending on the exam. Generally, the syllabus includes topics related to reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language, general awareness, and computer knowledge.
Candidates can prepare for IBPS exams by studying the syllabus thoroughly, practicing mock tests and previous year question papers, and improving their time management skills.
The validity period of IBPS scorecards varies depending on the exam. Generally, the scorecard is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
IBPS eligibility criteria are the set of requirements that candidates must meet in order to be eligible for appearing in the exams conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). The IBPS eligibility criteria vary for different exams, but generally include factors such as age limit, educational qualifications, and nationality. Candidates must carefully review the official notification of the specific exam they wish to apply for to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting their application. Failure to meet the IBPS eligibility criteria may result in the rejection of the application or disqualification at a later stage of the selection process.
Candidates Eligibility Criteria
|IBPS PO||A degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university||20 to 30 years|
|IBPS Clerk||A degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university||20 to 28 years|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale||A degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university||18 to 30 years|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant||A degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university||18 to 28 years|
|IBPS Specialist Officer (IT Officer Scale I)||4-year Engineering/Technology Degree in Computer Science/IT/Electronics or equivalent OR Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/IT/Electronics OR Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level||20 to 30 years|
IBPS eligibility criteria. IBPS eligibility criteria. IBPS eligibility criteria. IBPS eligibility criteria. IBPS eligibility criteria.
IBPS Cut Off
Cut Off (Prelims)
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale I||General||59.75|
IBPS Selection Process
- Preliminary Examination: The preliminary exam is conducted online and tests the candidate’s proficiency in areas such as English language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. Candidates who clear the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the main examination.
- Main Examination: The main examination is also conducted online and tests the candidate’s proficiency in areas such as English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge. Candidates who clear the main examination are called for an interview.
- Interview: The interview assesses the candidate’s communication skills, confidence, and personality. The interview is conducted by a panel of experts from the participating banks.
- Final Result: The final result is declared based on the candidate’s performance in the main examination and the interview. The candidates are shortlisted based on their marks and category-wise cutoff.
- Provisional Allotment: Based on the final result, successful candidates are provisionally allotted to the participating banks. The provisional allotment is based on the candidate’s preference, merit, and vacancies in the participating banks.