JIPMER PG stands for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Postgraduate Entrance Exam. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, India, for admission to its various MD/MS and MDS programs. The exam is conducted twice a year, usually in May and December.
The JIPMER PG exam is a computer-based test (CBT) consisting of 250 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with a duration of 3 hours. The questions are based on the MBBS curriculum and cover topics from pre-clinical, para-clinical, and clinical subjects.
To be eligible for the JIPMER PG exam, candidates must have completed their MBBS or BDS degree from a recognized university or institute in India, and should have completed their compulsory rotating internship before the commencement of the program. The minimum required aggregate marks for general category candidates is 55%, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates it is 50%.
The application process for JIPMER PG is online, and candidates must submit their application form along with the required documents and application fee before the deadline. The selection of candidates is based on their performance in the entrance exam and the counseling process.
How to fill JIPMER PG Application Form
To fill the JIPMER PG application form, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of JIPMER PG and click on the link to apply for the exam.
- Register yourself by providing your basic details like name, email address, mobile number, and password.
- Once registered, login using your credentials and fill in the application form with all the required details like personal information, educational qualification, and contact details.
- Upload the scanned copy of your recent passport-sized photograph, signature, and other documents as per the specifications mentioned in the application form.
- Pay the application fee online using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Review the application form and submit it.
- After submitting the application form, take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Note: It is important to ensure that all the details entered in the application form are accurate and complete. Any incorrect or incomplete information may lead to the rejection of the application form. Also, keep a copy of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Syllabus JIPMER PG
The JIPMER PG entrance exam syllabus covers the topics from the MBBS curriculum. The syllabus includes the following subjects:
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology
The questions in the JIPMER PG entrance exam are usually based on the fundamental concepts and principles of these subjects, along with their clinical application. Candidates are advised to refer to the standard textbooks recommended for the MBBS curriculum for better preparation.
Additionally, candidates should also focus on their problem-solving and reasoning skills, as the exam may also include questions on clinical case scenarios, image-based questions, and recent advances in the medical field.
Exam pattern JIPMER PG
The JIPMER PG entrance exam pattern is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: The JIPMER PG exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Type of Questions: The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Total Number of Questions: There are a total of 250 questions in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer is awarded 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking for incorrect answers, with 1 mark being deducted for each wrong answer.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper is available in English language only.
- Sections: The question paper is divided into two sections, with section I consisting of 100 questions and section II consisting of 150 questions.
- Syllabus: The questions in the exam are based on the MBBS curriculum.
The distribution of questions in the JIPMER PG entrance exam is as follows:
Section I: Anatomy – 20 Physiology – 20 Biochemistry – 20 Pathology – 20 Pharmacology – 20
Section II: Microbiology – 20 Forensic Medicine and Toxicology – 10 Community Medicine – 10 Medicine – 30 Surgery – 34 Obstetrics and Gynecology – 20 Pediatrics – 15 Orthopedics – 10 ENT – 10 Ophthalmology – 10 Anesthesiology – 5 Radiodiagnosis – 5 Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology – 5 Psychiatry – 5
Candidates must qualify both the sections separately to be considered for admission. The merit list is prepared based on the total marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria For JIPMER PG Exam
The eligibility criteria for the JIPMER PG exam are as follows:
- Nationality: Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for the exam.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have an MBBS degree or equivalent recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Internship: Candidates must have completed a compulsory rotating internship of one year on or before 31st December for the January session and 30th June for the July session.
- Minimum Aggregate Marks: General category candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in MBBS, while SC/ST/OBC candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Registration: Candidates must have a valid registration with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
Note that candidates who have completed their MBBS from institutes located in the union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh are not eligible to apply for JIPMER PG exam. Candidates who are in the final year of their MBBS can also apply for the exam but must complete their internship before the commencement of the course.
JIPMER PG 2023 Accepting Colleges
PG 2023 is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for admission to various postgraduate courses in JIPMER, Puducherry and JIPMER, Karaikal.
The colleges that accept JIPMER PG 2023 scores are as follows:
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- JIPMER, Karaikal
These two colleges offer various postgraduate courses in different specializations like MD, MS, DM, MCh, and Ph.D. The courses offered in these colleges are highly reputed and provide excellent opportunities for students to pursue higher education in the medical field. The admission to these colleges is based on the merit list prepared based on the JIPMER PG entrance exam scores and the counseling process.
It is important to note that JIPMER PG scores are not accepted by any other medical colleges or universities in India.