Kerala PCS refers to the Kerala Public Service Commission, which is the state-level civil services examination conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC). The exam is held for recruitment to various posts in the state government, including the Kerala Administrative Service (KAS), Kerala Police Service (KPS), and others. The exam is conducted in three stages, namely, the Preliminary Exam, the Main Exam, and the Interview. The exam syllabus includes topics such as General Knowledge, General English, and Regional Language. To appear for the exam, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the Kerala PSC, which includes educational qualification, age limit, and other criteria.
KERALA PCS OVERVIEW
Kerala Public Service Commission is an administrative service that is responsible for the recruitment of candidates for various posts in the government of Kerala. The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the body that conducts the Kerala PCS examination. The examination is conducted in three stages – preliminary, mains, and interview.
The Kerala Public Service Commission examination is conducted for various administrative posts in the state government of Kerala. These posts include Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Commercial Tax Officer, Block Development Officer, Assistant Director, and other administrative posts.
KERALA PCS Important Exam Dates
|Notification Release||To be announced|
|Starting of Online Application Process||To be announced|
|Last Date to Apply Online||To be announced|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||To be announced|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Kerala PCS Preliminary Exam Date||To be announced|
|Kerala PCS Mains Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
KERALA PCS APPLICATION FORM
The Kerala Public Service Commission releases the online application form for KPCS (KAS) on its official website. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can fill and submit the application form within the specified time frame. The application process includes various steps such as registration, filling up personal and academic details, uploading of documents, and payment of application fees.
During the application process, candidates need to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature, and other relevant documents in the prescribed format and size. They also need to pay the application fee through online mode using a debit card/credit card/net banking or through offline mode using an e-challan.
KERALA PCS APPLICATION FEE
|General Category||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 500/-|
|PWD Category (all categories)||No Fee|
How to Apply for KERALA PCS 2023
- Visit the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) at https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/.
- Click on the “One Time Registration” (OTR) option available on the home page.
- If you are a new user, register by providing the required details, including name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, etc. You will also be required to upload your photograph and signature.
- After completing the registration process, you will receive a User ID and Password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Log in to the portal using your User ID and Password.
- Go to the “Apply Now” section and select the desired post you wish to apply for.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form, including personal information, educational qualification, experience, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other required documents.
- Pay the application fee online using the available payment options.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
KERALA PCS - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) conducts the Kerala PCS exam to recruit candidates for various administrative positions in the Kerala state government.
The eligibility criteria for Kerala PCS exam varies depending on the post. Generally, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university, and must be between the ages of 21 and 35 years.
The selection process for Kerala PCS exam consists of a preliminary exam, a main exam, and an interview. Candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam will be eligible to appear for the main exam. Those who qualify in the main exam will be called for an interview.
The syllabus for Kerala PCS exam includes topics such as general knowledge, current affairs, Indian polity, Indian economy, Indian history, and geography of India and Kerala.
Yes, there is negative marking in the Kerala PCS exam. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
Candidates can apply for the Kerala PCS exam online by visiting the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) and following the instructions given.
KERALA PCS Eligibility Criteria
|Age Limit||21-35 years (relaxation as per government norms)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university|
|Physical Standards||Height: 160 cm (for men), 150 cm (for women) <br> Chest: 76 cm (unexpanded) and 81 cm (expanded) for men|
|Language Proficiency||Must be able to read, write, and speak Malayalam|
KERALA PCS Cut Off
The cut off for Kerala Public Service Commission varies every year based on several factors such as the number of vacancies, the difficulty level of the exam, and the number of candidates appearing for the exam. The Kerala Public Service Commission releases the cut off marks for each stage of the selection process. Here is the previous year’s cut off marks for reference:
Kerala PCS Preliminary Exam Cut Off
Cut Off Marks (out of 100)
Kerala PCS Mains Exam Cut Off
Cut Off Marks (out of 1200)
KERALA PCS Addmission Process
- Notification: The KPSC releases a notification for the Kerala Public Service Commission exam on its official website, as well as in leading newspapers and employment news journals.
- Online Registration: Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply online through the KPSC website. The registration process involves filling out personal and educational details, uploading photographs and signatures, and paying the application fee.
- Admit Card: The KPSC releases the admit card for the examination on its official website. Candidates can download it by entering their login credentials.
- Written Examination: The KPSC conducts a preliminary exam for all candidates who have applied. The exam is objective in nature and consists of questions on General Studies and Aptitude. Candidates who qualify in the prelims are eligible to appear for the main exam.
- Main Examination: The main exam consists of nine papers, of which four are compulsory and five are optional. The compulsory papers are General Studies, English, Malayalam, and Arithmetic. The optional papers are chosen by the candidate based on their educational qualifications.
- Interview: Candidates who qualify in the main exam are called for an interview. The interview is conducted to assess the candidate’s personality, communication skills, and general knowledge.
- Final Selection: The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the main exam and interview. The KPSC releases a merit list of selected candidates on its official website.
- Document Verification: Candidates who are selected are required to produce original documents to prove their eligibility. The documents include educational certificates, caste certificate, age proof, and identity proof.
- Training: Finally, selected candidates are trained for a period of two years at the Kerala State Institute of Rural Development (KSIDR) before they are posted to their respective departments.