The Manipal Entrance Test, commonly referred to as MET, is an entrance examination conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) for admissions into various undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by the university. It is a computer-based test (CBT) that assesses the aptitude, knowledge, and skills of candidates in different subject areas. MET Exam is known for its reputation as a prestigious entrance test that attracts students from all over the country to seek admission in MAHE, one of the leading private universities in India.
Manipal Entrance Test (MET) is an online entrance examination conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is one of the leading universities in India. The exam is conducted every year to offer admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in different fields such as engineering, management, medicine, pharmacy, and more. The university conducts the exam in multiple slots over a few days, making it convenient for candidates to choose a suitable date and time as per their schedule.
MET is a computer-based test that assesses the candidates’ knowledge, aptitude, and skills in different subject areas. The exam pattern varies for different courses, and it typically consists of multiple-choice questions. The duration of the exam varies depending on the course, ranging from 2 hours to 2.5 hours. The questions are designed to evaluate the candidates’ understanding of the subject, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving abilities.
The eligibility criteria for MET vary depending on the course and program that the candidate is applying for. However, some general criteria include that the candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board or university. Additionally, candidates should be of a certain age as specified by the university.
MET is conducted in several cities across India, and the candidates can select their preferred center at the time of filling the application form. After the exam, the university releases the results on its official website, and the candidates can check their scores using their application number and password. The candidates who qualify for the exam are then called for counseling and seat allotment as per their rank and preference.
In conclusion, MET is a highly reputed and sought-after entrance examination in India. It provides an opportunity for students to pursue higher education in various fields and programs offered by Manipal Academy of Higher Education. With its comprehensive syllabus, rigorous evaluation, and efficient administration, MET has become a significant gateway for students to achieve their academic and career goals.
MET Important Exam Dates
|Release of application form||2nd week of October 2022|
|Last date to submit form||2nd week of March 2023|
|Slot Booking||2nd week of April 2023|
|Admit Card Release||3rd week of April 2023|
|MET 2023 Exam Date||2nd to 3rd week of April 2023|
|Result Declaration||Last week of April 2023|
MET Application Form
The MET application form can be filled online through the official website of Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The registration process involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves on the official website by providing basic details such as name, email ID, phone number, and date of birth.
- Filling the Application Form: After successful registration, candidates have to log in using their registered email ID and password. They have to fill in the required details such as personal information, academic qualifications, and communication details.
- Uploading Documents: Candidates have to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature, and other required documents such as mark sheets and certificates.
- Payment of Application Fee: The application fee can be paid online through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Submission of Application Form: After completing all the steps, candidates have to submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page.
It is important to note that candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Any discrepancies found during the verification process can lead to rejection of the application.
MET Application Fee
|For Indian Nationals||INR 2,000|
|For Foreign / International / NRI / NRI Sponsored Category||USD 50 or INR 3,000|
Additionally, the application fee can be paid via different modes such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, or through a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” payable at Udupi or Manipal. The DD has to be sent to the following address:
Director, Indian Admissions, Room No. 102, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal – 576104, Karnataka, India.
Furthermore, if you are paying the application fee through DD, make sure to mention your name, application form number, and contact number on the backside of the DD. It is also important to note that the application fee is non-refundable.
Moreover, the application fee is for one attempt only. If you wish to apply for more than one course, you need to pay the application fee separately for each course. Also, candidates who are applying under the NRI category need to pay an additional processing fee of INR 2,500.
In addition, the application fee for the MET exam may vary for different categories of students. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the official website for the latest updates on the application fee before making the payment.
How To Apply for MET 2023
To apply for MET 2023, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Registration: Visit the official website of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and click on the “Apply Now” button. Enter the required details and register by creating a login ID and password.
- Fill Application Form: Log in with the registered ID and password and fill the application form. Enter the personal and academic details as required.
- Upload Documents: Upload scanned copies of the required documents, including passport size photograph, signature, and other necessary certificates.
- Pay Application Fee: Pay the application fee online using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Submit Application Form: After filling the form and making the payment, submit the application form.
- Take Printout: Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Candidates must make sure that they fill in the correct details in the application form and upload the required documents as incomplete or incorrect applications will be rejected.
MET Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The full form of MET is the Manipal Entrance Test.
The MET exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
The duration of the MET exam is 2.5 hours (150 minutes).
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the MET exam vary depending on the course. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
The syllabus for the MET exam varies depending on the course. Generally, the syllabus includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs. .
MET - Eligibility Criteria:
|B.Tech||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or any technical vocational subject as optional subjects with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|B.Pharm||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|BA Media and Communication, BA Journalism||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|B.Des||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or any technical vocational subject as optional subjects with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|BA Culinary Arts||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|BBA, B.Com, B.Sc||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics/Business Mathematics/Economics/Statistics as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|B.A. Humanities||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|BHM||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||Diploma in Engineering/Technology with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC) or B.Sc degree with Mathematics as a subject with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|M.Tech||B.E./B.Tech or AMIE or equivalent degree in the relevant field with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|M.Pharm||B.Pharm degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|M.Sc||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|MCA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Programming/Computer Applications/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|MA, PG Diploma||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC)|
MET Admission Process
- Counseling: The first step of the MET admission process is the counseling round. Candidates who have qualified for the exam will be called for counseling based on their rank.
- Document Verification: After the counseling round, candidates will have to go through the document verification process. Candidates need to carry all the necessary documents along with their original certificates.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the rank obtained by the candidates, they will be allotted seats in the college of their choice. Candidates who are satisfied with their allotted seat can confirm their admission by paying the required fees.
- Reporting to the College: After the seat allotment, candidates will have to report to the college within the given time frame. Candidates who fail to report within the given time will lose their admission.
- Admission Confirmation: After reporting to the college, candidates will have to complete the remaining admission formalities and pay the balance fees to confirm their admission.
- Commencement of Classes: Once the admission process is completed, the classes will commence as per the schedule.