OPSC ASO stands for Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Section Officer. It is a recruitment exam conducted by the OPSC to select candidates for the post of Assistant Section Officer in the Odisha Secretariat Service. The selection process for OPSC ASO includes a preliminary exam, a main exam, and a computer skill test. Candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam will be eligible to appear for the main exam. The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the main exam and the computer skill test. The Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Section Officer exam tests the candidate’s knowledge of the English language, general knowledge, mathematics, and reasoning ability. Candidates who successfully clear the exam will be offered the post of Assistant Section Officer in the Odisha Secretariat Service.
OPSC ASO OVERVIEW
OPSC ASO (Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Section Officer) is a recruitment exam conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission to select candidates for the post of Assistant Section Officer in the Odisha Secretariat Service.
The The eligibility criteria for the Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Section Officer exam include a minimum age limit of 21 years and a maximum age limit of 32 years. Candidates must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university to be eligible to apply for the exam.
The OPSC ASO exam is conducted in three stages – Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Computer Skill Test. The Preliminary Exam is an objective type exam consisting of 100 questions, and candidates have 90 minutes to complete the exam. The Main Exam is a descriptive type exam that tests the candidate’s knowledge of the English language, Odia language, General Studies, Mathematics, Reasoning, and Mental Ability. The Computer Skill Test is a practical exam that tests the candidate’s proficiency in computer applications.
OPSC ASO - Important Exam Dates
|Release of Notification||April/May 2023|
|Online Application Start Date||April/May 2023|
|Online Application Last Date||May/June 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Date||August/September 2023|
|Main Exam Date||To be announced|
|Skill Test Date||To be announced|
|Document Verification Date||To be announced|
OPSC 2023- Application Form
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) conducts recruitment for the post of Assistant Section Officer (ASO) and releases the application form for the same on its official website. The application process for Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Section Officer recruitment generally involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates must register themselves on the OPSC website by providing their personal information, including name, email ID, and mobile number.
- Filling the Application Form: Once registered, candidates can fill out the online application form. They will be required to provide details about their personal information, educational qualifications, work experience, etc.
- Uploading Documents: Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature as per the prescribed format and size.
- Paying Application Fees: After filling out the application form, candidates need to pay the application fees online. The payment can be made through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Submitting the Application Form: After completing all the above steps, candidates should review their application form and submit it. Once submitted, no changes can be made to the application form.
OPSC ASO - Application Fee:
The application fee for OPSC ASO recruitment varies depending on the category of the candidate. As of the last recruitment notification, the application fee for Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Section Officer recruitment was as follows:
How to Apply for OPSC ASO 2023
- Visit the official website of the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) – opsc.gov.in.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link available on the home page.
- Register by providing your name, email ID, mobile number, and password.
- Login using the registered email ID and password.
- Fill in the required details in the application form, such as personal details, educational qualification, work experience, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Review the application form and submit it.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference
OPSC - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The eligibility criteria for OPSC ASO recruitment requires a candidate to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and the age limit is between 21 to 32 years. In addition, candidates should have basic computer knowledge.
The application fee for OPSC ASO recruitment is Rs. 500 for General/OBC candidates, and there is no fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
The selection process for OPSC ASO recruitment involves a written exam and a skill test. Candidates who qualify the written exam are called for the skill test, and the final selection is based on the combined marks of both the written exam and skill test.
Candidates can apply for OPSC ASO recruitment by filling out the application form available on the official website of OPSC
The salary for an OPSC ASO ranges from Rs. 35,400 to Rs. 1,12,400, depending on the pay scale and level.
The syllabus for the OPSC ASO written exam includes topics such as English language, general awareness, reasoning, and arithmetic
The duration of the OPSC ASO written exam is 2 hours.
OPSC ASO Eligibility Criteria
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university|
|Age Limit||Between 21 to 32 years as on 1st January of the year in which the notification is released (age relaxation applicable as per government norms)|
|Language Proficiency||Ability to read, write, and speak Odia fluently|
|Computer Knowledge||Basic computer knowledge including skills in word processing, data entry, and computer operations|
OPSC ASO Cut Off
|Preliminary Exam||To be announced|
|Main Exam||To be announced|
|Final Selection||To be announced|
OPSC ASO Addmission Process
- Online Application: Interested candidates must first apply online on the official website of OPSC. They must fill out the application form with accurate details, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee.
- Preliminary Exam: The OPSC ASO exam is conducted in two stages, with the first stage being the preliminary exam. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can appear for the preliminary exam, which is an objective type exam consisting of multiple-choice questions. The exam tests the candidates on their general awareness, reasoning ability, and language skills.
- Main Exam: Candidates who qualify for the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the main exam, which is a descriptive type exam. The main exam tests the candidates on their writing skills, language proficiency, and general knowledge.
- Skill Test: Candidates who clear the main exam are called for a skill test, which tests their computer skills, including word processing, data entry, and computer operations.
- Document Verification: Candidates who clear the skill test are called for document verification. They must produce original documents, including their educational certificates, age proof, category certificate, and any other required documents.
- Final Selection: The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in the main exam and skill test, as well as their performance in document verification. The OPSC releases the final merit list based on the candidate’s scores in the selection process.