SBTET (State Board of Technical Education and Training) is responsible for designing the syllabus for diploma and polytechnic courses in various fields of engineering and technology. The SBTET syllabus is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of their chosen field.
The syllabus includes topics such as Mathematics, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, Engineering Graphics, and Computer Programming, along with specialized subjects based on the chosen field of study. The SBTET syllabus is regularly updated to keep up with the latest industry trends and technological advancements.
To get more detailed information about the SBTET syllabus, students can visit the official website of the State Board of Technical Education and Training or consult their institution’s academic department.
SBTET Syllabus Section-wise Weightage
|Electricity and Magnetism||15%|
|Applied Chemistry||Inorganic Chemistry||20%|
|Engineering Graphics||Orthographic Projections||25%|
|Computer Programming||Control Structures||20%|
|Arrays and Strings||15%|
Please note that this is just a hypothetical example, and the actual section-wise weightage of the SBTET syllabus may vary depending on the specific course and institution.
Section-wise SBTET Syllabus 2023
Here’s an example of how the section-wise SBTET syllabus 2023 for a diploma or polytechnic course in engineering and technology could be organized
|Mathematics||Algebra||Linear Equations, Matrices, Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometric Functions, Identities and Equations|
|Calculus||Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives, Indefinite and Definite Integrals, Differential Equations|
|Applied Physics||Mechanics||Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion, Gravitation|
|Thermodynamics||Laws of Thermodynamics, Heat and Temperature, Thermal Properties of Matter|
|Optics||Reflection and Refraction, Interference, Diffraction, Polarization|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Electric Charges and Fields, Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current|
|Modern Physics||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter, Atoms, Nuclei, Semiconductor Devices|
|Applied Chemistry||Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding||Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding|
|Chemical Thermodynamics||Basic Concepts of Thermodynamics, First Law of Thermodynamics, Second Law of Thermodynamics, Entropy and Free Energy|
|Solutions and Phase Equilibria||Types of Solutions, Raoult’s Law, Colligative Properties, Phase Equilibria|
|Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis||Rate of Chemical Reaction, Rate Law and Order, Activation Energy, Catalysis|
|Electrochemistry||Conductance, Electrolysis, Electrochemical Cells, Batteries|
|Engineering Graphics||Conic Sections||Ellipse, Parabola, Hyperbola|
|Cycloids||Cycloid, Epicycloid, Hypocycloid|
|Projections of Straight Lines||First Angle Projection, Third Angle Projection, Projection of Points|
|Orthographic Projections||Principles of Orthographic Projection, Projection of Lines and Planes, Projection of Solids|
|Isometric Projections||Isometric Scale, Isometric Projection of Lines, Planes and Solids|
|Computer Programming||C Programming Fundamentals||Data Types, Variables, Operators, Control Structures|
|Control Structures||Decision Making, Loops|
|Functions and Recursion||Function Definition, Function Call, Recursion|
|Arrays and Strings||Array Definition, One Dimensional and Two Dimensional Arrays, String Manipulation|
|Pointers and Structures||Pointer Definition, Pointer Arithmetic, Structures and Unions|
Please note that this is just a hypothetical example and the actual section-wise syllabus may vary depending on the specific course and institution.
Best Books for SBTET Preparation 2023
Here are the Best Books For SBTET Preparation.
- Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
- Engineering Mathematics by K.A. Stroud
- Mathematics for Diploma Engineering by B.V. Ramana and D. Balachandra Reddy
- Applied Physics:
- University Physics with Modern Physics by Young and Freedman
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- Applied Physics for Engineers by Neeraj Mehta
- Applied Chemistry:
- Engineering Chemistry by Jain and Jain
- Applied Chemistry by A.K. Sharma
- Textbook of Chemistry for Polytechnic Students by A.K. Singh and B.K. Singh
- Computer Programming:
- Let Us C by Yashavant Kanetkar
- Programming in ANSI C by E. Balagurusamy
- Computer Fundamentals and Programming in C by Reema Thareja
- Engineering Graphics:
- Engineering Drawing by N.D. Bhatt and V.M. Panchal
- Engineering Drawing by R.K. Dhawan
- A Textbook of Engineering Drawing by P.J. Shah and B.B. Shah
Again, please note that these are just general recommendations and it is always best to consult with your academic institution or the most recent syllabus for the specific books and resources that are recommended for your course.
How to Prepare for SBTET
Here are some tips on how to prepare for SBTET exams:
- Know the Syllabus: Start by thoroughly understanding the SBTET syllabus for your course. Make sure you know what topics you need to study and the weightage of each section.
- Create a Study Plan: Create a study plan that includes a daily routine, goals, and timelines. Allocate specific study times for each subject and section, and ensure you cover all the topics in the syllabus.
- Refer to Textbooks and Notes: Use your course textbooks, notes, and reference books to prepare. Try to cover all the topics in the syllabus, and focus on understanding the concepts and their applications.
- Practice with Previous Year Question Papers: Practicing previous year question papers is an excellent way to understand the exam pattern, type of questions, and time management. It can also help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Take Mock Tests: Take mock tests regularly to test your knowledge and time management skills. Try to simulate the actual exam environment and conditions as much as possible.
- Revise Regularly: Revision is critical to retaining information, so revise your notes and textbooks regularly. Keep revising the concepts until you have a good grasp of them.
- Stay Healthy: Staying healthy is also essential for exam preparation. Eat healthy, get enough rest, and exercise regularly. Take breaks in between your study sessions and do something you enjoy to avoid burnout.
Remember, SBTET exams require consistent effort and hard work. So, stay focused, remain motivated, and always keep your end goal in mind. Good luck with your SBTET preparation!
FAQs On SBTET Syllabus 2023
A: SBTET stands for State Board of Technical Education and Training, which is an autonomous educational body that regulates and oversees the diploma education in technical and non-technical fields in the state of Andhra Pradesh
A: The SBTET syllabus is a set of guidelines that outlines the topics and concepts that are covered in the diploma courses offered by the board. The syllabus includes subjects such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer programming, engineering graphics, and others, depending on the specific course.
A: The SBTET syllabus is updated periodically, usually every few years, to ensure that it is current and relevant to the industry and technological advancements.
A: The best books for SBTET preparation depend on the specific course and the topics covered in the syllabus. However, some popular books for engineering diploma courses include Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal, University Physics with Modern Physics by Young and Freedman, and Let Us C by Yashavant Kanetkar.
A: To prepare for SBTET exams, you can follow some general tips such as understanding the syllabus, creating a study plan, referring to textbooks and notes, practicing with previous year question papers, taking mock tests, revising regularly, and staying healthy.