If you think science isn’t your cup of tea and commerce is too dull for you, then you should surely consider Humanities/Arts after 10th. And why you should do that? Maybe because you are genuinely interested in the subjects or maybe you have full-time hobbies to pursue along with the studies. Humanities/arts as a stream is comparatively less tedious and also it facilitates overall development. Humanities is one of the most underrated streams of all. It’s a typical myth, well-circulated among the Indian psyche, that the Arts/Humanities streams are for students who are “not smart enough” for studying Science or Commerce.
- What is humanities ?
- Why study humanities ?
- Must have skills
- Major subjects
- Courses available for graduation and further studies
- Career opportunities
- Top 10 arts College
- Add Your Heading Text HereWhy humanities is considered not as good as other streams?
- Pros and Cons of Humanities stream
- Stream Selector™
There is a large number of opportunities open for a Humanities stream student. Far from being the last option when no other stream is for you, Humanities/Arts is a wide field of study, with extremely interesting and mind-stimulating career options. Here is an article on Scopes of pursuing humanities after 10th.
What is humanities ?
Defining humanities is a difficult task. However, it can be briefly defined, that it is an academic discipline which deals with the study of the ‘Human Condition’, via methodologies that are usually analytical, critical, or speculative.
The wide range of subjects that come under Humanities ranges from history, languages, literature, law, philosophy, performing arts, anthropology, sociology, psychology, and many more.
Why study humanities ?
- –You’ll develop enormous kinds of transferable skills for many career paths, including research, evaluation, analytical, and communication skills.
- –There is greater module flexibility in both single and combined honors degrees, so you”ll be able to customize your studies as per your passions.
- –The subjects in this stream keep us connected to the human world in a digital age, bringing human judgment, creativity, and an inquisitive mind.
Must have skills
-A student planning to take Humanities/Arts should have a creative mind.
-They should be open to new thoughts, ideas.
-They should have a healthy imagination.
–Good communication skills.
-Dedicated and have a knack for theoretical learning.
Are you a discoverer, who loves to dig into history or an explorer who likes marking places on the map. Do you have an interest in the psyche of those around you? If yes then surely the Humanities stream is for you.
- 1. History
- 2. Political science
- 3. Sociology
- 4. Geography
- 5. English
- 6. Other subjects- Psychology, Mathematics, Economics, Home science, Physical Education
Courses available for graduation and further studies
You can opt for various arts and humanities courses like:-
- -BA in English
- -BA in History
- -BA in Political Science.
- -BA in Psychology.
- -BA in Sociology etc….
- -BA LLB
Postgraduate level: You can pursue your Masters in Arts in any Humanities subject after you complete your bachelor’s degree. You can pursue your post-graduation in subjects like:
- -MA in English Literature
- -MA in Linguistics
- -MA in Political Science
- -MA in Economics. etc…
Research (M Phil &PhD) level: There are several Universities across India which offers several specializations to excel with your Humanities career after completion of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree.
Students who study humanities at school are often confused about career options in this stream. Generally, they think that no good career options are available to them. Below listed are few career options.
- -Hotel Management
- -Civil Services
- -Hospitality Industry
- -Film making
and many more…
Top 10 arts College
- -Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- -Loyola College, Chennai
- -St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- -Miranda House, New Delhi
- -Christ University, Bangalore
- -St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- -Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi
- -Madras Christian College, Chennai
- -St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- -Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi
Add Your Heading Text HereWhy humanities is considered not as good as other streams?
People have a mindset that humanities are taken by those who are not good in studies or not as intelligent. Another reason is opportunities after graduating in a Humanities subject (Languages, History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, and likely) are mostly restricted to teaching and R & D. If the objective in life is to immediately get placed in a high-paying job soon after graduation, then pursuing Humanities is not a good thought.
Pros and Cons of Humanities stream
- -Involves a lot of self-analytic skills.
- -Develops communication skills.
- -No rote learning required.
- -Gives a Global Perspective.
- -Teaches how to Grapple with Uncertainty.
- -Help you understand the impact of technology, science, and medicine.
- -May not offer a lucrative job.
- -Not considered as important(but false opinion). Many schools do not offer Humanities as a stream.
- -The humanities are declining because too many humanities scholars are alienating students and the public with their opacity, triviality, and irrelevance.
Humanities is a stream for students who have a real interest to understand more about human society, ideologies, beliefs, and the way humanity expresses itself in terms of art, architecture, religions, etc.
The STREAM SELECTOR™ TEST is an assessment tool used to help students in India determine their ideal academic stream (or “stream of study”) for classes 11 and 12 based on their interests, skills, and abilities. The acronym STREAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics, which are the five main streams of study available to students in India after class 10. The STREAM SELECTOR™ TEST is designed to help students make an informed decision about which stream to choose, taking into account their personal strengths and preferences. The assessment typically involves a series of questions and exercises designed to evaluate the student’s abilities and interests in different subject areas, as well as their career goals and aspirations. The test is commonly administered by career guidance counselors or educational institutions in India, and is often available online as well. By taking the STREAM SELECTOR™ TEST, students can gain insights into their own strengths and interests, and make more informed decisions about their academic and career paths.
What is the stream selector test by CareerGuide?
The stream selector test by CareerGuide is an online aptitude test designed to helping and useful tips for 10th class study students and make 10th class study time table for identify the most suitable stream for their higher studies. The test assesses a student’s interests, personality traits, and academic strengths and weaknesses to recommend the most appropriate stream.
Is the stream selector test by CareerGuide reliable?
The stream selector test by CareerGuide is based on a scientifically validated methodology and has been developed by a team of experts with years of experience in career guidance. The test is designed to assess a student’s interests, personality traits, and academic strengths and weaknesses, and has been used by thousands of students to make informed career choices.
How can I interpret the results of the stream selector test by CareerGuide?
The report generated by the stream selector test by CareerGuide provides a detailed 10th class study time table analysis of your interests, personality traits, and academic strengths and weaknesses, along with recommendations for the most suitable stream and make 10th class study time table. It is important to review the report carefully and seek guidance from a career counselor if needed to make an informed decision.