SSC CGL full form is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination. It is a national-level examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the recruitment of candidates to various posts in ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India. The exam is conducted in four stages – Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV, and candidates who qualify in all the stages are eligible for the final selection. The exam tests the candidate’s aptitude and knowledge in various areas such as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English Language, and General Awareness. The exam is highly competitive, and lakhs of candidates appear for it every year.
SSC CGL OVERVIEW
As you know, SSC CGL Full Form is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination. It is one of the most popular government job exams in India. The exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of candidates for Group B and Group C posts in various ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India…
The SSC exam is conducted in four tiers or stages – Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. Tier I and Tier II are computer-based exams, while Tier III is a descriptive paper, and Tier IV comprises of computer proficiency test/skill test/document verification.
The exam is open to candidates who have completed their graduation or are in their final year of graduation. The exam comprises of four sections – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
The exam is highly competitive, and the selection process involves a combination of performance in the written exam and personal interview. Successful candidates are recruited for various Group B and Group C posts such as Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Section Officer, Inspector, Sub-Inspector, Tax Assistant, and others.
SSC CGL Important Exam Dates
|Last Date for Apply Online||03/05/2023|
|Online Fee Payment Last Date||04/05/2023|
|Offline E Challan Payment Last Date||05/05/2023|
|Correction Date||07-08 May 2023|
|Exam Date Tier I||14-27 July 2023|
|Admit Card Available||Before Exam|
SSC CGL APPLICATION FORM
The SSC Combined Graduate Level application form is a crucial step for candidates who wish to appear in the exam. It is usually released online on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) a few weeks before the exam date. Candidates must fill in all the necessary details correctly in the application form and upload their photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
SSC CGL APPLICATION FEE
The application fee for the exam varies based on the category of the candidate. The fee details are as follows:
Category of Candidate
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2023
To apply for Combined Graduate Level 2023, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of SSC – ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “Apply” link for SSC CGL 2023.
- Register yourself by providing your basic details like name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- Once registered, you will receive a registration number and password on your registered email ID and mobile number.
- Log in using your registration number and password.
- Fill in the application form with your personal, educational, and other details as required.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specified format and size.
- Pay the application fee online through net banking, debit card, or credit card. Alternatively, you can also pay the fee offline through SBI challan.
- After successful submission of the application form, take a printout of the application form for future reference.
SSC CGL - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination. It is a national level exam conducted by SSC to recruit candidates for various posts in different government departments.
The application fee for General/OBC candidates is Rs. 100/- while there is no application fee for SC/ST/PH/Women/Ex-Servicemen candidates.
The selection process for SSC CGL consists of four stages – Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. Candidates need to clear each stage to proceed to the next one.
The exam pattern for SSC CGL varies for different tiers. Tier 1 and Tier 2 are computer-based exams while Tier 3 is a descriptive exam. Tier 4 is a skill test/ computer proficiency test.
The syllabus for SSC CGL includes topics from General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
|Nationality||Candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.|
|Age Limit||The minimum age limit for SSC CGL 2023 is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved categories as per government norms.|
|Educational Qualification||Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university. The educational qualification required for different posts may vary.|
|Physical Fitness Standards||The candidate should be physically fit and must meet the prescribed physical standards for the concerned post.|
|Other Requirements||Candidates must fulfill any other eligibility criteria as specified by the SSC in the official notification.|
SSC CGL Cut Off
SSC Combined Graduate Level Cut-Off refers to the minimum qualifying marks required to be eligible for the next stage of the selection process. The cutoff marks for Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam are decided by the Staff Selection Commission based on various factors such as the number of vacancies, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, etc
Tier-I Cut Off (Out of 200 marks)
Tier-II Cut Off (Out of 600 marks)
Tier-III Cut Off (Out of 100 marks)
Tier-IV Cut Off (Out of 100 marks)
SSC CGL Addmission Process
The admission process for SSC Combined Graduate Level involves the following steps:
- Application: Candidates need to apply for the exam by filling out the online application form on the official website of SSC.
- Admit Card: The admit card for each stage of the examination will be made available on the official website. Candidates need to download and print their admit card to appear for the examination.
- Examination: The examination is conducted in four stages – Tier I, Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV. Each stage of the examination is qualifying in nature, and candidates need to qualify in each stage to be eligible for the next stage.
- Result: The results for each stage of the examination will be declared on the official website of SSC. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details.
- Document Verification: Candidates who qualify all four stages of the examination are called for document verification. During the document verification process, candidates need to produce all the required documents in original and a set of photocopies for verification.
- Final Selection: The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in all four stages of the examination and document verification. Candidates who qualify all the stages of the examination and document verification are offered appointment to various posts in the government organizations.