India has several excellent humanities colleges that offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various disciplines such as history, political science, economics, philosophy, sociology, and literature. Here is an article on, All About Humanities and top humanities colleges in india.
Humanities are one of the most highly undervalued streams. The misconception that flows from the arts/humanities to students who are “not intelligent enough” to study either Science or Start trading is popular amongst Indian psyches top 10 humanities colleges in india. The wealth of career opportunities open to students who have selected the stream of humanities is gigantic. Nothing else, but the Humanities are a broad study field, with incredibly interesting and stimulating career opportunities, which is not the last option to be chosen top 10 humanities colleges in india.
Applicants can take a course at both university and postgraduate levels in Humanities and Social Sciences: UG Level: In any stream with a minimum of 50%-60% marks, the Applicants should clear Class 12th from the recognised board top 10 humanities colleges in india.
Choice of career after the 12th humanities regardless of what you have decided to do. Many career paths do not depend on your diploma or even the subject which you completed top 10 humanities colleges in india. A few examples of career choices following the 12th humanities which do not need a specific major are Law, journalism, publishing, commercialization, Indian Civil Services, etc.
Best Humanities Colleges In India
- Ramjas College, Delhi
- Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, Pune
- Daulat Ram College, Delhi
- St Stephen’s College, Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Hans Raj College, Delhi University
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Kristu Jayanti College, [KJC] Bengaluru
- Mount Carmel College
- Sophia College, Mumbai
- FAQs For Humanities Colleges in India
1. Ramjas College, Delhi.
Among Best Humanities College in India there is Ramjas College in Delhi University University college situated at New Delhi’s North Campus in India top 10 humanities colleges in india. The College admits undergraduates and postgraduates as well as awards under the jurisdiction of the University of Delhi top 10 humanities colleges in india. This College, together with Hindu College and St Stephen’s College, was founded by the University of Delhi. It is a joint educative college that admits students and selects teachers, regardless of sex, caste, religion and physical challenges, from all communities.
2. Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, Pune.
In 1983 was founded the Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce. SCAC is a member of the Phule Pune University, Pune, Savitribai, and became an independent college in 2012-2012. SCAC delivers three years of Bachelor of Arts as well as a Bachelor of Arts programme, and even a two-year Master of Commerce, Diploma and Liberal Arts courses under the Symbiosis Centre.
3. Daulat Ram College, Delhi.
Another best Humanities Colleges in India is Daulat Ram College. Daulat Ram College is the Institute of Delhi’s constituent top 10 humanities colleges in india. Established on the north campus in 1960 by educator and contributor Shri Daulat Ram Gupta. The university offers both Bachelor and Master education. The College of Daulat Ram is a university for all women.
4. St Stephen's College, Delhi
The University of Delhi is the University of St Stephen’s College. The Cambridge Mission to Delhi was founded in 1881. This is one of the best Humanities Colleges in India recognizes undergraduates and graduates of the University of Delhi, as well as awards in liberal arts and sciences top 10 humanities colleges in india. It became an autonomous institution in 2017. The plan was put on hold in 2018 after the University Grants Commission received legal advice opposing a favourable decision. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked it fourth among India’s colleges in 2020.
5. Madras Christian College, Chennai
Madras Christian College (MCC) is an institution of liberal arts and sciences in Chennai, India. MCC was established in 1837 and is one of Asia’s longest-living colleges still in operation. This one of the best Humanities top 10 humanities colleges in india in India college is affiliated with the University of Madras, but it operates independently from its main campus in Tambaram, Chennai. It began as a boys’ school in the location of Anderson Church.
6. Hans Raj College, Delhi University
Hansraj College, formed in New Delhi, India, is a constituent institute. Hansraj College’s departments include science, liberal arts, and commerce. On July 26, 1948, the top 10 humanities colleges in india was established in memory of Mahatma Hansraj, a famous Indian educator and nationalist. Founded as a men’s institution, the college became co-educational in 1978. It is one of the College of Delhi’s biggest constituent top 10 humanities colleges in india, with over 3,000 students.
7. Christ University, Bangalore
CHRIST (Deemed To Be University) is a deemed university located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Established in 1969 as an independent top 10 humanities colleges in india, it was designated by the Ministry of Education on 22 July 2008 as an establishment deemed to be a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. (India). The Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), a Christian religious order, handle the Institution, which is part of the Syro Malabar Major Archiepiscopal Church.
8. Kristu Jayanti College, [KJC] Bengaluru
Kristu Jayanti College was established in 1999 and is controlled by the “Bodhi Niketan Trust,” Bengaluru North University is affiliated with the top 10 humanities colleges in india. The college is accredited by the UGC. The University Grants Commission, Government of Karnataka, and Bengaluru North University granted the top 10 humanities colleges in india independent position in 2013.
9. Mount Carmel College
Mount Carmel College (MCC) is a self-governing university in Bangalore, India, that is affiliated with Bengaluru City University. It became one of the first women’s top 10 humanities colleges in india in India, founded in 1944 in Trichur as ‘Carmel College’ underneath the Madras University and relocated to Bengaluru in 1948. The ultimate purpose is to support women through education.
10. Sophia College, Mumbai
Sophia College was founded by the Society of The Sacred Heart of Jesus in 1941 and is a women’s undergraduate top 10 humanities colleges in india. The University of Mumbai is connected with it. The Society for the Education of Women’s in India is headed by The Governing Corporation.
FAQs For Humanities Colleges in India
Q:What aspects should you take into account when selecting a humanities college in India?
- the standing and prestige of the college
- faculty and resources for research at the college
- The curriculum and academic offered at the college
- The setting and surroundings of the college
- The price of the college
Q:What requirements must a student meet in order to get admitted to one of India's top humanities colleges?
- a score of at least 60% on the 12th-grade examination
- a successful admission exam result
- a strong showing in the interview
Q:What professional options are available to someone who graduates from one of India's top universities with a humanities degree?
- Graduates in the humanities can teach at schools, colleges, or universities.
- Research: Humanities majors have a wide range of research options, including sociology, history, literature, and philosophy.
- Media: Humanities graduates with a background in writing, editing, or journalism can find employment in the media.
- Business: Graduates in the humanities can find employment in fields like marketing, public relations, or human resources management.
- Non-profit: Humanities graduates can find employment in the non-profit industry as programme officers, social workers, or policy analysts.
Q:What are the advantages of studying humanities in a prestigious Indian university?
- access to top-notch faculty and facilities for research
- The chance to take part in innovative research The chance to establish connections with other bright students and professionals
- the potential to get an edge in the job market
Q:What difficulties do humanities students face at a prestigious Indian university?
- Because of the fierce competition
- The difficult academic work
- The price of living expenses and tuition