Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is one of the most popular national-level management entrance exams in India. It is conducted annually by Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT 2023 is expected to be conducted in January 2023.
Xavier Aptitude Test is a national-level entrance exam conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to various management programs offered by more than 150 B-schools in India. Xavier Aptitude Test scores are accepted by some of the top B-schools in the country including XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, and many others.
The Xavier Aptitude Test exam is conducted once a year, usually in the month of January. The exam pattern comprises four sections, namely Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge. The duration of the exam is three hours, and it is conducted in computer-based mode.
To be eligible for XAT, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or institute. Final year students can also apply for the exam. There is no age limit to appear for XAT.
Apart from the XAT scores, some B-schools also conduct their own selection process, which may include group discussion, personal interview, and written ability test. The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in XAT and the selection process of the respective B
How to fill XAT Application Form
To fill the XAT application form, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Registration Visit the official website of XAT and click on the “Registration” link. Enter your basic details such as name, email address, mobile number, and date of birth to generate a unique XAT ID and password.
Step 2: Fill Application Form Log in using your XAT ID and password to access the application form. Fill in your personal, academic, and work experience details, along with the choice of program, test city, and payment mode.
Step 3: Upload Documents Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format. The photograph should be a recent passport-size color photograph and the signature should be done on white paper with black ink.
Step 4: Pay Application Fee Pay the application fee through online payment modes such as debit card, credit card, or net banking. The application fee for XAT 2023 is expected to be around INR 1800.
Step 5: Submit Application Form After completing all the above steps, review the application form and submit it. Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Note: Candidates should keep their XAT ID and password safe as it will be required for future logins and to download admit cards
The XAT syllabus is design to assess a candidate’s aptitude and knowledge in various areas. The exam is divided into four sections, namely Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge. Here’s a detail syllabus for each section:
- Verbal and Logical Ability: This section is design to test a candidate’s proficiency in the English language and logical reasoning skills. The topics covered in this section are:
- Reading comprehension
- Grammar and usage
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Sentence correction
- Critical reasoning
- Logical completion of arguments
- Decision Making: This section tests a candidate’s decision-making abilities and ethical reasoning. The topics covered in this section are:
- Situational problems
- Decision-making problems
- Analytical reasoning
- Mathematical modeling
- Quantitative Ability: This section tests a candidate’s mathematical and analytical skills. The topics covered in this section are:
- Number systems
- Data interpretation and analysis
- General Knowledge: This section tests a candidate’s awareness of current affairs and general knowledge. The topics covered in this section are:
- Science and technology
- Awards and honors
- International relations
Note: The Xavier Aptitude Test exam pattern and syllabus may change from year to year. Candidates are advise to check the official website of XAT for the latest updates and notifications.
The XAT exam pattern is designed to test a candidate’s aptitude and knowledge in various areas. The exam is divided into four sections, namely Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge. Here’s a detailed exam pattern for XAT:
- Mode of Exam: Computer-based Test
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Total Number of Questions: 100-110 questions
- Total Marks: 100 marks
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 1 mark. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer. However, there is no negative marking for unattempted questions.
- Sectional Time Limit: Each section has a sectional time limit of 40-45 minutes.
Here’s a detailed section-wise exam pattern:
- Verbal and Logical Ability:
- Total Questions: 26-28 questions
- Total Marks: 26-28 marks
- Decision Making:
- Total Questions: 22-24 questions
- Total Marks: 22-24 marks
- Quantitative Ability:
- Total Questions: 27-29 questions
- Total Marks: 27-29 marks
- General Knowledge:
- Total Questions: 25-27 questions
- Total Marks: 25-27 marks
Note: The XAT exam pattern may change from year to year. Candidates are advised to check the official website of XAT for the latest updates and notifications.
Eligibility Criteria For XAT Exam
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is an MBA entrance exam conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for appearing in the XAT exam.
- Percentage Criteria: There is no minimum percentage requirement to apply for XAT.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not mandatory to apply for XAT. However, some institutions may consider work experience as a selection criterion.
- Nationality: Indian and foreign candidates can apply for XAT.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of attempts for the XAT exam.
It is important to note that different management institutes may have their own eligibility criteria, and candidates should check the eligibility criteria of the institute they are interested in before applying.
XAT 2023 Accepting Colleges
XAT 2023 scores will be accepted by more than 150 B-schools in India for admission to their management programs. Here are some of the top colleges that accept XAT scores:
- XLRI Jamshedpur: Xavier School of Management
- SPJIMR Mumbai: S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
- IMT Ghaziabad: Institute of Management Technology
- XIMB Bhubaneswar: Xavier Institute of Management
- TAPMI Manipal: T.A. Pai Management Institute
- GIM Goa: Goa Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- FORE School of Management, Delhi
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- LIBA Chennai: Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- IMI Delhi: International Management Institute
- BIMTECH Greater Noida: Birla Institute of Management Technology
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- MICA Ahmedabad: Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
Note: The above list is not exhaustive and there are many other B-schools that accept XAT scores. Candidates are advised to check the official websites of the respective colleges for more information on their admission process and cutoff scores.