Delhi Police syllabus and question paper will be set as per Matriculation Level. The computer-based examination is conducted in English and Hindi language only. The subjects that are included in the Computer Based Examination are General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW, and Web Browsers.
The Delhi Police detailed syllabus and sections of the question paper are given below:
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs
- India and its neighboring countries: Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Indian Economy, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research
- Questions based on everyday observations and experience in scientific aspects, current events, general awareness
||Analogies, Similarities And Differences, Spatial Visualization, Spatial Orientation, Visual Memory, Discrimination, Observations, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetical Reasons And Figural Classification, Arithmetic Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Coding And Decoding
||Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work
|Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW, and Web Browsers
- Elements of Word Processing: Word Processing Basics, Opening, and Closing Documents, Text Creation, Formatting the Text and its presentation features
- MS Excel: Elements of SpreadSheet, Editing of Cells, Function, and Formulas
- Communication: Basics of Email, Sending/ receiving of Emails and its related functions
- Internet, WWW, and Web Browsers: Internet, Services on Internet, URL, HTTP, FTP, Web sites, Blogs, Web Browsing Software, Search Engines, Chat, Video conferencing, e-Banking).
However, the syllabus is not restricted to the mentioned areas. Questions will be set from aligned areas of the subjects.