- The GPSC Assistant Engineer applicant must be under the age of 35.
- They must hold a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline relevant to the position of interest from a recognised university.
- It is also necessary to be fluent in Gujarati and Hindi. Certain categories and occurrences may also benefit from age relaxation.
- The GPSC AE exam is administered on a national scale and consists of two parts: a written Prelims Exam and an interview.
- The merit list is generated by giving the prelim marks a 50% weightage, and the interview marks a 50% weightage.
GPSC AE Recruitment Educational Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in engineering with a concentration in civil or mechanical engineering from a recognised university or institution formed or incorporated in India by or under a Central or State Act is required.
- The candidate must have a basic grasp of computer applications, according to the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967.
- The ideal applicant will be fluent in Gujarati, Hindi, or both languages.
GPSC AE Recruitment Age Limit
To be eligible to take the GPSC Assistant Engineer test, the candidate must be over 21 and under the age of 35. Candidates that fit into particular categories are exempt from the maximum age restriction. Even if a candidate meets the relaxation criteria for more than one category, they are only eligible for one.
Age relaxation would be granted to candidates from various categories in accordance with government laws and norms. The specifics of the age relaxation are broken down per category as follows:
|Candidate belonging to SC/ST/SEBC/EWS category of Gujarat Origin
|Women Candidate belonging to SC/ST/SEBC/EWS category of Gujarat Origin
|Women Candidate belonging to unreserved /reserved category
|Ex. Serviceman Including E.C.O. / S.C. O
||Length of Military Service plus three years (Maximum Up to 45 years)
Nationality Criteria for GPSC AE Recruitment 2022
The applicant must be a citizen of one of the following countries:
- An Indian national
- Bhutanese or Nepalese national
- A Tibetan refugee who moved to India permanently before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian descent from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, or Vietnam.
GPSC AE Recruitment Physical Standards Criteria
GPSC investigates each applicant who is chosen for an appointment. The physical standards that an individual must satisfy to become eligible are as follows:
- The candidate must be in overall health and devoid of any physiological faults that could conflict with his ability to fulfill his job.
- Individuals with the impairments OA, OL, and HH are the only ones who can apply (percentage of disability between 40 percent to 100 percent).
- Candidates who do not satisfy the physical standards are not appointed.