The Indian Navy SSR Eligibility Criteria 2022 has been released in the official notification. The Eligibility Criteria contain different components such as Educational Qualifications, Age limit, and Physical Standards and the candidates need to fulfill the requirement to get selected for the post.
Indian Navy SSR Educational Qualifications
Candidates aspiring to be selected for the post of Indian Navy SSR should possess the following educational qualifications.
- For Senior Secondary Recruits (SRR): Candidates must have a class 12th degree with major subjects as Physics & Mathematics and at least one subject of the followings: Biology/ Computer Science/ Chemistry.
Indian Navy SSR Age Limit 2022
The candidates need to be aware of the Age limit which is defined by the Indian Navy for the recruitment of SSR 2022. They can get the exact age limit from the official notification as:
- Minimum age limit: 17 years of age
- Maximum age limit: 20 years of age.
The candidate must be born between August 1st, 2002 to July 31st, 2005 (Including Both Dates).
Candidates can apply for the post of Indian Navy SSR till they reach the age of 20 years and are born from August 1st, 2002 to July 31st, 2005 as per the notification. And there is no maximum or a minimum number of attempts for the Indian Navy SSR exam.
Indian Navy SSR Age Relaxation
The age relaxation for Indian Navy SSR is provided as per the government norms for the reserved categories in the upper age limit. Before applying for the SSR post, candidates must be aware of the age limit and age relaxation as per the instructions:
The following table will provide the provided age relaxation for Indian Navy SSR:
||Age Relaxation ( Upper Age Limit)
|Ex-Servicemen ( OBC)
|Ex-Servicemen ( SC/ST)
Indian Navy SSR Eligibility Criteria for Physical Fitness Test:
As per the official notification of the Indian Navy, it is mentioned that the candidates must qualify for the Physical Fitness Test to become eligible for the post SSR. The Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 2022 criteria are:
- The Physical Fitness Test (PFT) consists of a 1.6km run that has to be completed in 7 minutes.
- The candidates must be able to do 10 Push-ups and 20 Squat ups.
Indian Navy SSR Physical Standards:
For the recruitment of SSR, the Indian Navy specifies some of the crucial physical standards which the aspirants have to be met to qualify for selection. All the required physical standards are tabulated below:
||Minimum Chest Expansion
- Besides the physical Standards, candidates should have good mental and physical health.
- Should not be any defect that can likely interfere during duties on both Ashore and Afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per the Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
- Candidates should have no diseases like any surgical deformities, Knock Knees, cardio-vascular diseases, ear infections, and any psychiatric ailments.
- The candidates should have the following tabulated Visual Standards (Distant Vision only)