National Law University has designed different exam patterns for every AILET Paper: B.A.LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. The pattern for AILET 2022 is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized via offline mode.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English medium.
- Time Duration: Candidates will get 1 hour 30 minutes to solve the question paper.
- Questions Type: The Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper. AILET 2022 LLM Exam will have 100 multiple-choice questions in Section 1 and 2 descriptive questions in Section 2 of the exam.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Compared to UG and PG courses, the exam pattern for Ph.D. entrance in NLU, Delhi is quite different. It consists of 2 sections; the first level will be an objective test based on Research Methodology and Legal Aptitude sections.
The entrance test will be qualifying in nature, candidates clearing the minimum required AILET Cut off will be required to submit their Research Proposal on the desired topic.