All important topics from the 4 sections are given below:
CG Pre MCA Syllabus for Mathematics
- Algebra – Fundamental operations in Algebra Expansion, factorization, simultaneous linear quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations, surds, determinants, matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry – Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates equations of a line, midpoint, intersection etc. equations of a circle, distance formula, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Calculus – Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of functions, Tangents and Normal, simple example of maxima and minima, integration of function by parts by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of sphere, cone cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Differential Equations – Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Vector – Position vector and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry – Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse fuctions.
- Probability and Statistics – Basic concepts of probability theory. Averages Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Binomial Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regressions.
- Linear programming – Formulations of simple linear programming problems, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods.
CG Pre MCA Syllabus for Computer Awareness
- Computer Basics – Organization of computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input output devices computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation – Representation of characters, integers, and fraction. Binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Airthmetic: floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Computer Architecture – Block structure of computers, communication between processor and Input/Output devices interrupts.
- Computer Language – Assembly language and high-level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems. Computer Programming in C.
- Flowchart and Algorithms.
CG Pre MCA Syllabus for Analytical and Logical Reasoning
The questions in this section will cover reasoning visual-spatial reasoning, Statements and assumptions, Coding and Decoding, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons etc.
CG Pre MCA Syllabus for General Awareness
This section will over questions to test the general awareness about business. Finance, industry, transportation, scientific inventions, Governance, healthcare and cultural dimensions etc.