The exam pattern for CSIR NET 2022 of single paper MCQ shall be according to the details mentioned below:
|Duration of the exam
|Type of questions
|Division of question paper
|Medium of exam
||English and Hindi
|Total questions per subject
- Part A: 30
- Part B: 70
- Part C: 100
The question paper will be divided into 3 parts which are ‘Part A’, ‘Part B’, and ‘Part C’. The candidates falling under
- Part A is common for all subjects. This part of the question paper will contain a maximum of 20 questions from General Aptitude. The candidate needs to attempt any 15 questions carrying 2 marks each to clear this section.
- Total Marks allocated to Part A will be 30 out of 200.
- This section will contain conventional MCQs related to the subjects. The candidate is required to attempt around 20 to 35 questions to clear this section.
- Total Marks allocated to Part B will be 70 out of 200.
- This part will contain higher value questions to test a candidate’s knowledge and/or the application of scientific concepts. The questions in this section will be analytical, the candidate has to apply their scientific knowledge to solve the scientific problem provided.
- Total Marks allocated to Part C will be 100 out of 200 and negative markings will be done for wrong questions.