|Child Development and Pedagogy
- Dimensions of Development
- Growth and Development Concept, its Principal, Factors, and Stages
- Adolescence understands their needs and problems in the context of India.
- Parenting styles Concept and parenting impact on child development.
- Personality means its nature and assessment.
|Theories of Child Development
- Theory of Cognitive Development by piglet, its Concept, Stages and Cognitive implications with special reference to Indian Context.
- Theory of Social & Emotional Development by Erickson, The concept, its stage stages and implications with special reference to India Context.
|Learner as a Developing Individual
- Intelligence Meaning, Intelligence nature, and theories of intelligence, Measurement of intelligence and application of intelligence tests.
- Concept of Creativity, relationship with intelligence, techniques for fostering creativity
- Mental Processes of Learning, Thinking Concept Types of Thinking, its Divergent, Convergent, Critical, Reflective, and The Lateral Thinking.
- Concept of memory, Types, and Strategies to develop Memory; Forgetting Nature, Causes of forgetting, Factors & Strategies to minimize the issue of Forgetting.
|Learning in Socio-Cultural Perspective
- Agencies of Socialization, Family, School, Community and Socialization role in Child Development.
- Social and Cultural Change as factors influencing Child Development.
- Impact of Marginalization and Stereotyping on Child Development with special reference to Gender, Poverty and Social Class.
- Role of media in constructing and deconstructing perceptions and ways of dealing with such issues.
|Perspectives in Education and School Organization
||Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, Protection of Children against Corporal Punishment in Schools and Institutions, POCSO Act.
- Early Childhood Care and Education, Foundation rights of Learning of the child.
- Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools, Learning Should be Integrated, Holistic, Enjoyable, and Engaging.
- Teachers and Teacher Education.
- Equitable & Inclusive Education: Learning for all
- Standard Setting and Accreditation for School Education.
- Re-imaging Vocational education.
- Promotion of Indian Languages, Art, and Culture.
- Online and Digital Education, its Ensuring equitable use of Technology
- Curriculum Meaning, its Principles, and types of curriculum organization approaches.
- The 5 Year Plan, Unit Plan, and the Lesson Plan.
- Instructional material and resources, Text Books, Workbooks, Supplementary material AV aids, Laboratories, Library, Clubs- The Museums, information, and Communication, Technology Community, tools, Characteristics of a good test, Evaluation and its Types, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation.
|Rights and duties of Principal / Vice- Principal in residential schools
- Right & duties of Principal and Vice-Principal with reference to different stakeholders.
- Development and maintenance of facilities and assets.
- Role of Principal and Vice-Principal in promoting excellence in academics and co-curricular activities
|Teaching – Learning
- Understanding Learning
- Learning Concept, types, nature, types of learning, and Factors influencing the learning.
- Learning strategies Cooperative learning and Collaborative learning, peer-tutoring, group learning.
- Role of Teacher and School in relation to the strategies of learning.
- Individual Differences Concept, Types, Causes & Educational implications
- Theories of Learning
- Connectionism theory, concept, laws of learning and Educational Implications.
- Conditioning theories, Classical conditioning, and Operant Conditioning, Concept, characteristics and Educational Implications.
- Social-constructivist theory, Concept, Nature and Educational implications.
- Concept of teaching, characteristics, features, and its levels of teaching.
- Related concepts of Teaching
- Variables in the Teaching Process, Learning task, Behaviour of learning, Teacher Behavior
- The social-constructivist approach in teaching.
|Phase & Models of Teaching
- The Phase of Teaching Pre-active, Interactive, and Post-active.
- Models of Teaching Meaning, Need and Elements, Basic Teaching Model, Concept Attainment Model.
- Teaching Strategies, Simulation, Brain-Storming, Gaming, Role-playing, Remedial teaching, and Enrichment Programme.
|Administration and Finance
- CCS Rules
- Fundamental and Supplementary Rules.
- Traveling Allowance Rules.
- Leave Travel Concession Rules.
- Medical Attendance Rules.
- Pension Rules and New Pension Scheme.
- General Financial Rules
- Income Tax and Service Tax.