IRS Officer Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1
The syllabus for Paper 1 includes:
- National movement & Indian History
- Indian Polity and Governance – Political System, Constitution, Public Policy, Rights Issues, Panchayat Raj, etc.
- Indian and World Geography – Indian Economic Geography, the World as well as Social
- General issues on Climate Change; Economic and Social Development – Social Sector Initiatives, Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, etc.
- General Science
- Environmental ecology
- As well as, current affairs of international & national interest.
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for Paper 2
The syllabus for Paper 2 includes:
- Logical reasoning as well as analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- Solving problems and Decision planning
- Basic Numerals (orders of magnitude, numbers and their relations, etc.) (Class X level), as well as, Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level).
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for Mains Exam
The syllabus of the IRS Mains Exam is based on the selection of candidates.
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for General Studies – 1
The syllabus for IRS General Studies – 1 includes:
- Indian Culture
- Modern Indian History
- World History
- Indian Society
- Geographical Elements of the World
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for General Studies – 2
The syllabus for IRS General Studies – 2 includes:
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Politics
- Government Ministries and Departments
- Government Policies and Interventions
- International Relations
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for General Studies – 3
The syllabus for IRS General Studies – 3 includes:
- Indian Economy
- Science and Technology
- Disaster Management
- Environment and Biodiversity
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for General Studies – 4
The syllabus for IRS General Studies – 4 includes:
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Human Attitude
- Probity in Governance
- Emotional Intelligence
IRS Officer Recruitment Syllabus for Optional Subjects
Candidates can select from any one of the optional subjects. The other optional subject must opt from any one of the regional languages of India.