Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus 2022
To be considered for the position of Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon, aspirants must pass a written test. On the official website, you can readily discover the written exam curriculum as well as the Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon exam pattern.
From the Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon exam syllabus, here are the module names and detailed syllabus for each of them. The written paper of Kerala PCS Assistant Surgeon consists of questions from the below topics:
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Human Anatomy
- Surgery and Its Allied Specialities
- Family Welfare
- Medicine and its Allied Speciality
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Human Physiology and Biophysics
The syllabus is as follows:
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Biochemistry
- Metabolism of Lipids
- Metabolism of Amino acids
- Mineral Metabolism
- Maintenance of Homeostasis
- Nucleic Acids and Molecular Biology
- Biochemistry of Cancer
- Clinical Chemistry
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Human Anatomy
- General Anatomy
- General Embryology
- Upper & Lower Limb
- Head and Neck
- Brain and Spinal Cord
- Abdomen, Pelvis and Perineum
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Introduction to the subject, historical aspects of forensic medicine
- Definition of forensic medicine, forensic pathology, and medical jurisprudence
- Death sex
- Medico-legal autopsy and exhumation
- Mechanical injuries
- Biological fluids
- Forensic toxicology, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Physiology Including Bio-Physics
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Renal System
- Skin and Temperature regulation
- Physiology of Reproduction, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Microbiology
- General microbiology
- Systematic bacteriology
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Pharmacology
- General pharmacology and basic concepts of clinical pharmacology
- Drugs acting on the Endocrine system
- Toxicology, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Community Medicine
- Concept of health and disease
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Environment and Health
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Ophthalmology
- Acute conjunctivitis
- Dry eye
- Retinal vascular diseases
- Pharmacology, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Otorhinolaryngology
- Introduction to diseases of the ear
- Disease of the inner ear
- Hoarseness – diagnosis, and management
- Malignant lesions of the larynx and laryngopharynx
- Hoarseness – diagnosis and management, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Medicine & Its Allied Specialities
- Nutrition and nutritional disorders
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Disturbance of body temperature
- GI system
- Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics
- The central nervous system, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Pathology
- Cell injury
- Infectious diseases
- Circulatory disturbances
- Growth disturbances
- Dermato-pathology, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Psychiatry
- Classification of psychiatric disorders
- Aetiological factors in psychiatric disorders
- Clinical interview and mental state examination
- Organic brain syndrome
- Substance abuse
- Bipolar disorder, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Radiology
- Production of X-rays
- Biological changes
- Skeletal radiology chest and Mediastinum
- Gastrointestinal system
- Neuroimaging modalities, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Dermatology
- Infections of skin
- Eczematous dermatitis
- Bullous skin lesion collagen disorder
- Pigmentary disturbances
- Gastrogenic disorders etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Surgery & Its Allied Specialities
- Principles of surgery, genetics, history of surgery, surgical ethics
- Different types of wounds and their management
- Principles of imaging techniques, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Orthopedics
- Definition of a fracture
- Ankle injuries- Pott's fracture
- Hand injuries
- Cold orthopedics
- CTEV and flat foot
- Extensor mechanism injuries of the knee
- Fracture of tarsal bones, etc.
Kerala PSC Assistant Surgeon Syllabus: Anaesthesiology
- Introduction – the scope of Anaesthesiology
- Pre-anesthetic check-up premedication
- General anesthesia – Basal anesthesia triads of anesthesia
- Methods of pain relief
- Inhalational agents Intravenous anaesthetic agents, etc.