GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria and an information pamphlet will be released by the organizing institute, IIT Kanpur. In the meantime, candidates can review the basic GATE Eligibility Criteria in the section below. Candidates who are in their third year of studies or have completed their studies are eligible to apply for the exam.
||GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce or Post Graduation in a relevant discipline
||No Upper Age Limit
||Indian or Foreign/NRIs
Eligibility Criteria for International Students for NA GATE 2023
- International students from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are eligible to take the GATE 2023 exam.
- Such students must have completed or be in the process of completing their bachelor's degree in engineering and technology or an equivalent degree.
- The GATE exam has been cancelled in international exam Centres for 2022. COVID-19 required interested international students to take the exam in cities across India. However, information on GATE 2023 foreign exam Centres will not be updated until the information brochure is released. Candidates should check the website for any new updates once the notification is released.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE Study Abroad
Applicants at German or Singaporean institutions are primarily accepted into research-based programmes. Candidates must meet the country-specific and course-specific eligibility requirements for each university. The following are the essential eligibility criteria for Indian candidates applying to these international universities that accept GATE scores:
- Candidates whose first language is not English must also take English proficiency tests like the TOEFL or IELTS, depending on the university, country, and course requirements.
- Candidates must additionally achieve a GATE score of at least 90%.
- Candidates must have a high GPA/percentage in their bachelor's degree (at least second class honours). Each of these international universities that accept GATE scores has a course length of
Preparation for GATE 2023
The GATE Exam is commonly recognised as the country’s most demanding exam. As a result, one must be well equipped to pass GATE 2023, acquire admission to IITs/IISc, or obtain employment in the public sector. Students who wish to pass the exam with a high score need solid planning, superb execution, a knowledgeable mentor, and, most importantly, self-confidence. Some of the greatest tips for GATE 2023 the preparation that students can apply are listed below:
- Start Early- This will help you plan your studies and collect the materials you’ll need for the GATE Exam.
- Understand the Curriculum and Exam Pattern- Understanding the GATE 2023 Syllabus and Exam pattern is crucial since your preparation plan will be heavily influenced by the exam syllabus and amount of topics.
- Understanding the topic distribution in GATE question papers is critical since it allows you to determine the weightage of your strong and weak regions, allowing you to prepare effectively. You can examine previous GATE Question Papers to see how subjects are weighted, and then concentrate on the ones that appear to have a higher weight.
- Create a Study Strategy- Now that you’re familiar with the exam format and topic weightings, it’s time to put together a complete study strategy. Keep the following points in mind while you prepare the study plan:
- On a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, make goals for yourself.
- Remember to divide problems into three sections: difficult, moderate, and easy.
- Make sure your themes aren’t too similar.
- Give the topics with the most weight and the greatest likelihood of being asked in the exam more weight.
- Make sure you take enough mock tests and sample papers and use your graph to keep track of your results.
- Break times and durations should be planned so that you may stay energised even when studying for long periods of time.
- Practice General Aptitude thoroughly- Because the General Aptitude portion is worth 15 points, you must prepare thoroughly in order to increase your result. To prepare for the general aptitude component, newspapers and past papers from other competitive examinations might be used.
Mock Tests might help you review and practise. Revising on a regular basis is the most important component of GATE 2023 preparation. The revision will aid in better understanding and comprehension of the topics or concepts. It’s also a good idea to take notes while revising so you may refer to them throughout the exam. Also, solve the papers from the last ten years, which will help you prepare significantly.
Admit Card for GATE 2023
GATE 2023 Admit Card will be available one month before the exam, on January 10, 2023. Candidates will be able to download the admit card using their GOAPS login credentials, which include their application number and password. The admission card will contain information regarding the GATE 2023 exam, such as the applicant's names and roll numbers, the exam date, and the exam centre. Without the admit card and a valid photo ID, candidates will not be allowed to attend the examination centre.
How can I get my GATE 2023 Admit Card?
GATE Login- GOAPS is where candidates may get their admission cards. To get your GATE 2023 Admit
Card, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the GATE 2023 official website.
- To log in, enter your enrolment number and password.
- Download the ‘GATE Admit Card’ link.
- The admit card will be available in PDF format for download.
- Take a printout of the admit card for future reference.
Documents to be brought along with the GATE 2023 Admit Card
On the day of the exam, a valid picture ID evidence must be brought with the GATE 2023 Admit Card to the respective exam Centres. The following are the valid photo IDs for the GATE exam:
List of Photo IDs for Indian Students
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Valid College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Driving License
List of Photo IDs for International Students
- Government Issued ID
- Employee ID
Important Notes about the GATE 2023 Admit Card
- The GATE 2023 admit card is required to attend the exam center.
- Along with the GATE 2023 admit card, candidates must have a valid picture identification card.
- They must present it before entering the exam room.
- On the admit card, candidates must ensure that their pictures and signatures are clearly visible.
GATE 2023 Answer Key
IIT Kanpur will provide the GATE 2023 Answer Key on the official website a week after the exam. The answer key will show you how to answer all of the questions on the GATE 2023 exam correctly. To begin, IIT Kanpur will issue a subject-by-subject provisional answer key for GATE 2023 shortly after the exam concludes in February 2023. Candidates will have 3-4 days to contest the tentative GATE 2023 Answer Key for INR 500 per question. It's worth noting that this money is only refundable if your challenge is deemed to be genuine. After the GATE result is announced in March 2023, the final answer key for GATE 2023 will be released.
How can I get the GATE 2023 Answer Key?
The steps to download the GATE Answer Key are as follows:
- Locate and click on the GATE 2023 Login link on the official GATE 2023 website.
- For your paper, the GATE Question Paper and Answer Key will be accessible.
- GATE 2023 answer key and question paper are available in PDF format.
- Candidates can use the GATE 2023 answer key to calculate their scores according to the GATE 2023 marking scheme.
Result of GATE 2023
- Along with the exam dates, the GATE 2023 result date will be revealed. Candidates can anticipate hearing the results in March 2023.
- Candidates can view their results online at the gate.iitk.ac.in, the official website of GATE 2023.
- Only candidates who have passed the GATE Exam will be able to download their scorecards.
- The scorecard for GATE 2023 is valid for three years.
What is the procedure for checking GATE 2023 results?
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Click on GATE Result on the results page.
- The GATE GOAPS portal would emerge.
- Fill up the portal’s login information.
- Select the submit button.
- The GATE GOAPS candidate dashboard would appear.
- Select the “Results” tab.
- Your GATE score will appear on the screen.
GATE 2023 cutoff
- IIT Kanpur will announce the GATE 2023 cut off along with the results for each of the 29 examinations.
- GATE Cutoffs are divided into two categories.
- The GATE conducting body’s cutoff is the qualifying GATE cutoff, which is the minimum score required by candidates to pass the GATE paper.
- Each of the participating institutes publishes its own GATE cutoff, which is the minimum score required for admission to the college.