Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS). The eligibility criteria have three components:
IAAS Age Limit 2022
The eligibility criteria for the IAAS Exam in the age limit are as follows:
- Candidates from the General Category applying for the IAAS Exam must be between a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 30 years.
- Relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for the SC/ ST candidates.
- Relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit for the OBC candidates.
- Relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for a candidate from the State of Jammu & Kashmir
- Relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for Defence Services Personnel
- Relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years of Military Service and have been released.
- Relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service.
- Relaxation of 10 years in the upper age limit for Blind, Deaf-Mute, and Orthopedically Handicapped Persons.
IAAS Educational Qualification 2022
To be eligible for the IAAS Exam, one must qualify for one of the following criteria under Educational Qualification. The criteria are –
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognized universities.
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination. Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination.
- Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they must submit a certificate from the concerned University that they have passed the final professional medical examination.
IAAS Nationality 2022
Candidates applying must fit any one of the following conditions/ criteria:
- A Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A candidate who is a Tibetan refugee who shifted to India before January 1, 1962, and intends to permanently settle in India.
- Candidates with an Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.