bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india is an in-demand career alternative for students wanting to study subjects like- Pharmacology, Amputation Surgery, and even graphical communication in detail so as to help patients in almost every domain possible. On undertaking this course, students will be enabled to take over a professional approach towards the treatment of patients with any prosthetic or orthotic ailments. In this article, you will find the best career tips in Bachelor in Prosthetic and Orthotics for the successful future. here is an article on career tips in Bachelor in Prosthetic and Orthotics.
What B. P. O?
Bachelor in Prosthetic and Orthotics (B. P. O) course has been designed in accordance with the medical advancement taking place in the country. The program offers the students a detailed study of rehabilitative treatment of neuromuscular and locomotor disorders. Not just this, the course also aids students to build competence in the domain of physical well-being. bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india is a 4-year full-time undergraduate course that needs to be completed with a six-month compulsory training with three months in prosthetics and three months in orthotics.
Some of the specialized subjects taught in the course include-
- Prosthetic Science
- Orthotic Science
- Mobility and Rehabilitation Aids
- Amputation Surgery and Imaging Science
- Graphical Communication
- Assistive Technology
- Obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in Class 12th Board Examinations in the subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Achieve such a rank in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to clear the high ranking cut-offs of colleges
- Clear the varied Entrance Exams held by institutions for studying the course.
bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india
Difference in Prosthetic & Orthotics
bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india is an upcoming field in India and has a very bright future. A prosthetist design creates and fits artificial limbs on patients who are missing a part or all of a limb. An orthotist, on the other hand, fits braces, splints, and other devices to support and enhance the movement and function of a patient’s weak limb. A P&O professional can fabricate and fit both prosthesis and orthosis. There are plenty of jobs in both private as well as government sectors.
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- National Institute of Locomotor Disabilities, Kolkata
- Christian Medical College, Tamil Nadu
- Arunachal University of Studies (AUS)
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Chakradhar Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences, Bhubaneshwar
- ISHWAR Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Chennai
Duties of prosthetic & orthotics
Orthotics and prosthetics typically do the following:
- Evaluate and interview patients to determine their needs
- Take measurements or impressions of the part of a patient’s body that will be fitted with a brace or artificial limb
- Design and fabricate orthopedic and prosthetic devices based on physicians’ prescriptions
- Select materials to be used for the orthotic or prosthetic device
- Instruct patients in how to use and care for their devices
- Adjust, repair, or replace prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Document care in patients’ records
Important qualities required for this field
- Communication skills. Orthotists and prosthetists must be able to communicate effectively with technicians who often fabricate medical devices. They must also be able to explain to patients how to use and care for the devices.
- Detail-oriented. bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india must be precise when recording measurements to ensure that devices are fabricated and fit properly.
- Patience. bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india may work for long periods with patients who need special attention.
- Physical dexterity. bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india must be good at working with their hands. They may fabricate orthotics or prosthetics with intricate mechanical parts.
- Physical stamina. Orthotists and prosthetists should be comfortable performing physical tasks, such as working with shop equipment and hand tools. They may spend a lot of time bending over or crouching to examine or measure patients.
- Problem-solving skills. Orthotists and prosthetists must evaluate their patients’ situations and often look for creative solutions to their rehabilitation needs.
In this article, the detailed information about the course bachelor of prosthetics and orthotics scope in india is provided. Form this you will find how to make a career in the concerned field after 12th.