Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a medical school located at Pondicherry, the capital of the Union Territory of Puducherry, in India. JIPMER is an Institute of National Importance (INI) and a tertiary care referral hospital that is under the direct administrative control of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India with the autonomy to run its internal administration.
JIPMER is an Indian central government funded institute with the autonomy to run its internal administration. In this article, you will JIMPER university which you want to know after the 12th class.
• The exam pattern of JIPMER 2020 is such that the question paper will contain 200 multiple-choice questions.
• The questions will be based on topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English covered in class 11 and class 12.
• Against every correct answer, aspirants will be awarded 1 mark whereas for every wrong answer no mark will be deducted.
• Besides, no marks are given for any un-attempted questions
1) The exam will be held in an online mode.
2) Candidates will have 2 hours 30 minutes to attend the examination.
3) There are two shifts- morning shift & evening shift.
a) Morning shift- 10:00-12:30 pm
b) Evening shift- 3:00- 5:30 pm
4) The allocation of shift takes place in a random manner.
5) The paper will be available only in English & not in any other language.
6) The exam is been conducted in 120 cites allotted across the country.
7) Candidates will have 200 questions, divided into 5 sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical & quantitative reasoning, and English language & compression.
8) A negative marking scheme is been applied.
9) PCB has 60 questions each & the other two sections have 10 questions each.
10) JIPMER syllabus 2020- The syllabus is all same as the syllabus as NEET.
Undergraduate courses offered after clearing JIPMER are MBBS, BSc (Medical Laboratory Technology), BSc (Allied Medical Sciences- Cardiac Lab Technology/Dialysis/Neuro/OT), BMRSc (Bachelor of Medical Record Science), BSc (Nursing).
Postgraduate courses offered are MD, MS, and a diploma in many specialties, MSc in Nursing, Medical Biochemistry and Medical Physiology, and Ph.D. in several subjects. Super-specialty courses include MCh in cardiothoracic surgery, urology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, pediatric surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, and DM in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Neonatology, Clinical pharmacology, and Immunology.
JIPMER MBBS Syllabus comprises of syllabi for class 11th and 12th as prescribed by the State Boards and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The exam conducting authority will also release a mock test link on the official website. Candidates must appear for the mock test in order to get an idea about the exam pattern. The syllabus will include topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The JIPMER mock test can be accessed using the registration number and password. Candidates must not skip the mock tests released at the official website and for more practice, they can sign-up for some private mock test series prepared by various subject experts.
• Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent level of examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English as one of the electives.
• Candidates must have passed each subject separately with 50% marks (45% marks for GEN-OPH and 40% for OBC/SC/ST category) in aggregate.
• Candidates who will be appearing in class 12th final examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible for the exam.
Candidates should have attained 17 years of age at the time of admission i.e. they must be born on or before 1st January 2004. There is no upper age limit for the exam. Relaxation in the age limit will be provided to reserved category candidates.
Reservation of Seats
The total number of seats available under the JIPMER MBBS 2020 exam is 200. Out of these seats, 150 are at the JIPMER, Puducherry, and 50 at the JIPMER, Karaikal.
• It is important to give mock tests as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. They enable you to track your progress with instant answer evaluations.
• They offer convenience trumps.
• They enable you to save the question papers on your hard drive.
• They offer accuracy and fair evaluation.
Mock tests are considered as practice exams before you appear for the final one. While you attempting these tests, they help boost your confidence and overcome mistakes.
This is all about the terms & conditions applied by the JIPMER institute. Read it twice & be clear with all the rules & regulations of the examination. Hence prepare your theory part very well.
Wish you the best for all the students who are going to appear for this exam. This article has provided detailed information about JIPMER & hope it has helped you at your best.