bsc instrumentation or Bachelor of Science in Instrumentation is an undergraduate Instrumentation Engineering course. Instrumentation is the art and science of measurement and control of process variables within a production or manufacturing area. Here is article on B.Sc in Instrumentation as a career option after Class 12th
bsc instrumentation graduates build a strong foundation in the fundamental knowledge required for the practice of Process Instrumentation and Control Engineering, including its scientific principles, creative design, and rigorous analysis. Its curriculum prepares the students for the diversity of career opportunities or for postgraduate education. Here is the detailed information about B.Sc. in Instrumentation as a career option after 12th :
What is BSc Instrumentation?
bsc instrumentation is a 3-year undergraduate course with two semesters being covered each year. It is a full-time course meant for students passing class 12th examination in Science stream with subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The minimum percentage required to seek admission into the course differs from college to college. The course includes Digital and Analogue Electronics, Principles of Programmable Systems, Introduction to Computer Architecture, Introduction to Network Technologies, Mechanical Principles, Engineering Materials, Applied Mathematics, Profession Practice, and Electronic Product Design. The course is career orienting in nature that opens many scopes after its completion.
Subjects of B.Sc. Instrumentation course includes Instrumentation, Electronics Instrumentation, Industrial Instrumentation, Analytical Instrumentation, Biomedical Instrumentation, Microcontrollers, and its applications and Statistical Quality Control aims to produce graduates capable of adapting to technological changes. B. Sc. instrumentation is a semester system course with four subjects being covered in each
semester. Also, each semester has two Instrumentation Practicals based on the subjects.
Basically, there are different types of instruments such as electrical instruments, electronic instruments, and mechanical instruments. Instrumentation is further classified into many types such as electrical instrumentation, industrial instrumentation, electronics instrumentation, mechanical instrumentation, and so on.
MSc in Instrumentation
The MSc Applied Instrumentation & Control degree helps to develop instrumentation professionals who must be equipped to understand the principles and implementation of instrumentation, the importance of efficient and reliable measurement and control systems, and have a suitably wide perspective of the subject. From this, you can make a career in B.Sc. in Instrumentation after 12th.
As the trend of automation picks up in India and abroad, bsc instrumentation and Control Engineers are finding more and more job opportunities. … Electronics and Instrumentation engineers having good exposure in these areas will be highly effective in solving various critical needs of the Industries.
This course offers placement in industries like thermal power stations, refineries, steel plants, cement and fertilizer plants, etc which includes areas like marketing, purchasing, finance, sales, HR, IT, or general management. They occupy senior-level positions and carry the highest level of opportunities which mainly includes planning, leading to new developments as well as managing activities.
bsc instrumentation bsc instrumentation bsc instrumentation bsc instrumentation bsc instrumentation bsc instrumentation
Benefits of opting the course
- The course is beneficial to pursue postgraduate studies in instrumentation science and related areas. Students will be highly-skilled in safety applications, DC electronics, and metrology,
- AC electronics and photonics, industrial electrical systems and motors, digital systems and microcontrollers, hydraulics and pneumatics, and design drafting.
- They can get jobs in R&D units of public and private sector companies as well. They are also required by the Heavy industries such as Thermal Power Stations, Steel Plants, Refineries, and Cement and Fertilizer Plants BOTH IN Govt. and private sectors.
- They can also go for further Master Degree and then for research work
Skills to acquire
• Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects.
• Flexibility and an ability to compromise.
Colleges in India
• University of Calicut, Calicut
• Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
• Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women
• Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
• NSS College, Kerela
• JSS College of Arts, Commerce & Science, Mysore
• IIT KHARAGPUR
• Amity school of engineering, Noida
• D. Y. Patil College of Engineering, Pune
• Food Industry
• Biotechnology Companies
• Pharmaceutical Industry
• Research Institutes
• Water Conservation Plants
• Instrumentation Designer
• Instrumentation Executive
• Control & Instrumentation Manager
• Technical Consultant
• Instrumentation Fitter
• Instrumentation Instructor
• Computer Operato
More than 27 percent of bsc instrumentation engineers reported annual base salaries of $75,001 to $100,000. More than 21 percent earned base annual salaries from $50,001 to $75,000 a year, and another 16 percent made from $100,011 to $125,000 annually. From this, you can make a career in B.Sc. in Instrumentation after 12th.
As the trend of automation picks up in India and abroad,bsc instrumentation and Control Engineers are finding more and more job opportunities. Electronics and Instrumentation engineers having good exposure in these areas will be highly effective in solving various critical needs of the Industries. In this article, detailed information about the course in B.Sc. Instrumentation is provided. Form this you will find how to make a career in garment technology after 12th.