Scoring well in your 10th-grade English paper requires a strategic approach and consistent effort. Firstly, thoroughly understand the syllabus and exam pattern to know what to expect. Develop a habit of reading different genres regularly to enhance comprehension and vocabulary. Pay attention to grammar rules and practice them regularly. Work on your writing skills by practicing various formats and focusing on structure, coherence, and clarity. Solve previous years’ papers to familiarize yourself with the exam format. Manage your time effectively during the exam, allocating specific time limits for each section. Structure your answers with clear introductions, well-organized paragraphs, and effective conclusions. Here is an article on Tips to score good marks in 10th English paper.
Here are some tips which will help you score good marks in 10th English paper.
Know the pattern
Be it English or any other subject, the foremost thing you must do is to look at the pattern of the paper. Doing so helps you to prepare accordingly. Go through the entire syllabus and prepare according to the latest syllabus prescribed. Section-wise preparation is a must if you want to score 95+ marks in English.
Here is the paper pattern of the English exam:
- Section A: Reading (carries 20 Marks)
- Section B: Writing and Grammar (carries 30 Marks)
- Section C: Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text (carries 30 Marks)
Managing your time
This is a crucial tip one must follow while preparing for the exam. In English, managing time becomes all the more important. If you have not managed your time properly, you may run out of time and some questions may go unattempted. In the reading time, you must go through the paper carefully.
Here are some suggestions for time management when studying for the 10th grade:
- Plan your study time. This will assist you in organising your time and ensuring that you are covering all of the crucial subjects.
- Set attainable objectives. Try not to squeeze everything into a single day. Divide your studying up into doable, smaller segments.
- Look for a peaceful area to study. You’ll be able to focus and cut off distractions as a result.
- Take pauses. Avoid trying to study for long periods of time without a break. Move around and get up every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Gratify yourself. Give yourself a tiny reward when you accomplish a goal. You will be more motivated as a result.
English is a subject that has to be prepared throughout the year. Grabbing the English book just one month before the exam is not going to fetch you good marks. The subject requires your daily attention. The subject has many areas, in which you must pay equal attention, to score 95+ marks.
3 Key sections of the English paper
- -This section consists of 2 passages that you should complete in 40 minutes overall.
- -You must develop your comprehension and reading skills for this section.
- -In this, you have to read the passage carefully and understand what the passage is talking about.
- -You should learn new vocabulary everyday so as to grasp the meaning of the passage. Usually, if you are aware of the meanings of the words used in your textbooks, you would be able to comprehend the meaning. If you cannot understand the meaning of a word, relate it to the passage and its context.
- -You should try to use your own words rather than just copy from the passage.
- -Practice 2-3 passages daily to develop your reading skills. Along with this, you should start reading more. You can read the books of your choice as the goal is to inculcate reading habits and build the vocabulary.
- -You should try to increase your reading speed and write as briefly as you can, by covering all the key points.
Writing and Grammar
- -This section consists of 2 questions in the writing section and three sections in the grammar section.
- -You should practice building sentences and writing reports, notices, essays, stories, etc. Also, practice rearrangement of the words and filling in the blanks.
- -You should plan your answer first. Then, organize your ideas and write them in an easy language. Answer only what the questions demand from you. Avoid unnecessary details. Focus on eliminating your spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- -Keep in mind the format of letters, reports, posters etc. If you are attempting a story composition, you should ensure you don’t write something that is not relevant to the entire story.
- -Revise your answers as soon as you finish writing. You must eliminate any spelling or grammatical mistakes, if present.
- -Doing regular practice for the grammar section is the only key to getting good marks.
- -Try to communicate in English wherever you can-be it school or home. You will get to know your weaknesses and strengths. You should practice writing about the common and trending topics in the news. Once, you start doing this, you will learn new words and the teachers are sure to help improve your writing skills.
Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text
- -This section is the lengthiest of all. It consists of one extract from the book, one short and one long answer type question from the book and one long answer type question from the novel.
- -You should practice the most in this section. The questions are often difficult yet can be solved within the time limit. You should only refer and study from the books that are prescribed in your syllabus. Those books are enough.
- -Read through every page of every book. Try to understand the theme or the lesson imparted by the chapter.
- -Write answers that are meaningful, accurate and correct. There should be minimum mistakes in grammar and spellings.
- -Read the summaries of the chapter carefully and memorize the name of the authors too. You can create your own flashcards for memorizing. Memorize some lines from the chapters that can be quoted and made references to.
- -Try to interpret the stories and poems on your level.
- -Identify the lines, speaker, the reason and the lessons in the question papers.
And lastly, I would say that ‘Practice makes perfect’. So, just practice well using last year question papers.
The STREAM SELECTOR™ TEST is an assessment tool used to help students in India determine their ideal academic stream (or “stream of study”) for classes 11 and 12 based on their interests, skills, and abilities. The acronym STREAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics, which are the five main streams of study available to students in India after class 10. The STREAM SELECTOR™ TEST is designed to help students make an informed decision about which stream to choose, taking into account their personal strengths and preferences. The assessment typically involves a series of questions and exercises designed to evaluate the student’s abilities and interests in different subject areas, as well as their career goals and aspirations. The test is commonly administered by career guidance counselors or educational institutions in India, and is often available online as well. By taking the STREAM SELECTOR™ TEST, students can gain insights into their own strengths and interests, and make more informed decisions about their academic and career paths.
What is the stream selector test by CareerGuide?
The stream selector test by CareerGuide is an online aptitude test designed to helping and useful tips for 10th class study students and make 10th class study time table for identify the most suitable stream for their higher studies. The test assesses a student’s interests, personality traits, and academic strengths and weaknesses to recommend the most appropriate stream.
Is the stream selector test by CareerGuide reliable?
The stream selector test by CareerGuide is based on a scientifically validated methodology and has been developed by a team of experts with years of experience in career guidance. The test is designed to assess a student’s interests, personality traits, and academic strengths and weaknesses, and has been used by thousands of students to make informed career choices.
How can I interpret the results of the stream selector test by CareerGuide?
The report generated by the stream selector test by CareerGuide provides a detailed 10th class study time table analysis of your interests, personality traits, and academic strengths and weaknesses, along with recommendations for the most suitable stream and make 10th class study time table. It is important to review the report carefully and seek guidance from a career counselor if needed to make an informed decision.