The most widely used English language test for job, study, and immigration is called the International English Language Testing System (IELTS exam fee). It is approved by more than 11,000 organizations in more than 140 nations. Academic and General Training modules make up the test. For those who choose to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies in an English-speaking nation, the Academic module is available. People who desire to immigrate to an English-speaking nation, apply for a job, or enroll in a training program that needs English language skills should take the General Training module.
The IELTS test assesses your ability to understand and use English in four key areas:
How much does the IELTS exam cost?
Both paper-based and computer-delivered IELTS exams cost 16,250 INR in India.
- It is always recommended to check with your local IELTS facility to confirm the most recent pricing because the IELTS is subject to change.
- The IELTS exam fee can be paid online, with a credit or debit card, or in person at a nearby test location.
- The IELTS exam fee may have additional fees in addition to the exam fee, such as the cost of studying for the exam and the cost of getting to the test location.
- Depending on the preparation method you select, the cost of taking the IELTS will change. You can study independently for the test.
Can I get a refund for the IELTS exam fee?
There is a cancellation fee, however you might be able to get your IELTS reimbursed. Depending on how far in advance you cancel your exam, there may be a cancellation cost.
To request a refund:
- Log in to your IELTS profile on the IELTS website.
- Click on “My Tests.”
- Click on the “Cancel Test” button next to the test that you want to cancel.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the cancellation process.
Policy on refunds:
- 50% of the exam price will be refunded if you cancel your test more than five weeks prior to the test date.
- You won’t get a refund if you cancel your test fewer than five weeks before the planned test date.
Tips for saving money on the IELTS exam
The following advice will help you save money on the IELTS exam:
- Think ahead. You will have more time to save money the earlier you begin your IELTS preparation. For instance, you may start setting aside money for the exam price and start looking for low-cost or free materials to aid in your study.
- Make your own preparations for the exam. You can study on your own for the IELTS if money is scarce. Online and at libraries, there are numerous free and inexpensive resources to choose from.
- Take a no-cost or inexpensive practice exam. Online, there are a ton of inexpensive and free practice exams to choose from. You can learn about your skills and weaknesses and get accustomed to the test style by taking a practice exam.
- Think about taking the IELTS test that is computer-delivered. The IELTS test administered through computer is frequently less expensive than the paper-based test.
IELTS Exam Fee in India?
|Test Type||Cost (INR)|
|Computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI||16,500|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||15,350|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration||16,500|
Is IELTS too expensive?
Whether the IELTS exam fee is too pricey for you will depend on your specific situation. In India, the exam price is INR 16,250, which is a considerable sum of money for many people. However, whether you intend to study, work, or immigrate to an English-speaking nation, taking the IELTS exam fee is a wise investment because it is recognized by more than 11,000 organizations in more than 140 nations.
The choice to take the IELTS exam fee or not is ultimately a personal one. I would advise you to take the IELTS exam fee if you can pay the exam fee and feel that it is the best test for you. You can reach your objectives by taking the IELTS exam fee, which is a worthwhile investment.