For all the GDS posts, the candidate must have knowledge of cycling which is one of the essential prerequisites. Candidates must have complete knowledge of reading communicating, and writing in the local language of the respective states or Union Territories.
The Eligibility criteria for India Post Gram Dak Sevak 2022 are discussed below:
India Post GDS Eligibility: Educational Qualification
- Aspirants who want to apply for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) have to clear their 10th standard examination with pass marks in English and Mathematics from any recognized board
- The candidate should have studied the local language and must have a compulsory knowledge of the local language at least up to the 10th standard.
- To apply for the GDS's post, candidates must possess a basic certificate of Computer Training Course of a duration of 60 days from any Computer Training Institute run by State Government/ Central Government/ Boards/ Organizations/ Private Institutions.
India Post GDS Age Limit and Relaxation
- To apply for the post of Gram Dak Sevak, the minimum age limit of a candidate shouldn't be less than 18years.
- The maximum age limit is 40 years old. The candidate shouldn't exceed 40 years old to apply for the post.
The age relaxation for different backward categories are mentioned in the below table:
|PWD + OBC