NEST Exam Pattern describes the complete paper pattern, subject-wise marking scheme, distribution of marks, time duration and alike. On June, 2022, NEST will be conducted in two sessions: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM (first session) and 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM (second session). Candidates will be assigned to either of the sessions.
NEST 2022 will be conducted in Computer-Based Test mode.
- The question paper will be published in English language only.
- Questions will be in the form of MCQs.
- The total exam duration will be of 3 hours.
- There will 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- The whole question paper will consist of 230 marks.
- There is no negative marking in General section. However, a negative marking is applied in the subject section.