NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. It is a premier fashion institute in India offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in fashion and design. Established in 1986, NIFT has campuses in various cities across India and is known for its innovative and industry-oriented curriculum, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and experienced faculty. The institute also conducts its own entrance exam, NIFT Entrance Exam, for admission to its various courses.
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a premier fashion institute in India, established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. With its head office in New Delhi, NIFT has campuses in 16 cities across India, including Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Patna, Kannur, Kangra, Jodhpur, Shillong, Raebareli, Srinagar, Bhubaneswar, and Panchkula.
NIFT offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in fashion and design, including Bachelor of Design (B.Des.), Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech.), Master of Design (M.Des.), Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M.), and Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech.). The courses are designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the fashion industry and its various aspects, including design, production, marketing and management.
NIFT is known for its innovative and industry-oriented curriculum, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and experienced faculty. The institute has collaborations with several international institutions and industry partners to provide students with exposure to the global fashion industry. Students at NIFT have access to a range of facilities, including design studios, computer labs, resource centers, libraries, and workshops.
To be eligible for admission to NIFT, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the institute and qualify in the NIFT Entrance Exam, which is conducted every year. The exam tests candidates’ aptitude, creativity, and design skills, and is followed by a personal interview and group discussion round.
NIFT - Important Exam Dates
|Release of NIFT Application Form||2nd week of November 2022|
|Last date to submit NIFT Application Form||4th week of December 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee||1st week of January 2023|
|Availability of NIFT Admit Card||2nd week of January 2023|
|NIFT Entrance Exam 2023||3rd week of January 2023|
|Release of NIFT Result 2023||End of February/March 2023|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI)||March-April 2023|
|Final Result Declaration||End of May/June 2023|
NIFT Application Form
- Release of application form: The NIFT application form is typically released in the second week of November every year. Candidates need to keep an eye out for the official announcement on the NIFT website.
- Application form submission: Candidates can fill out the application form on the official website of NIFT. It is important to ensure that all the required details are filled in accurately to avoid any issues later on.
- Deadline for submission: The deadline for submission of the NIFT application form is usually in the fourth week of December. Candidates need to make sure that they submit their application form before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience.
- Late submission: In case a candidate misses the deadline, they can still submit the application form with a late fee until the first week of January. However, it is always advisable to submit the application form before the deadline to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Admit card download: After the submission of the application form, candidates can download their admit card from the official website. It is essential to carry the admit card to the exam center as without it, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
NIFT Application Fee
To complete the NIFT application process, candidates need to pay the application fee. The NIFT application fee varies based on the category of the candidate. Here’s some information about the NIFT application fee with transition words:
- Payment options: Candidates can pay the application fee online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Fee structure: The NIFT application fee for General/OBC candidates is INR 2000, while it is INR 1000 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Late fee: If a candidate misses the deadline to submit the application form, they can still submit it with a late fee of INR 5000.
- International candidates: International candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 5000 or $75 through a demand draft drawn in favor of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- Refund policy: The NIFT application fee is non-refundable, which means that candidates cannot get their application fee back in case they decide to withdraw their application.
Here is the NIFT application fee information in a table format:
|Late Fee||INR 5000|
|International Candidates||INR 5000 or $75|
How To Apply for NIFT 2023
To apply for NIFT 2023, candidates need to follow certain steps. Here are the steps to apply for NIFT 2023 :
- Registration: Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of NIFT by providing their basic information, such as name, email ID, and mobile number.
- Filling the application form: After registration, candidates need to fill in the application form with their personal, academic, and contact details. They also need to upload their photograph, signature, and relevant documents as per the prescribed format.
- Payment of application fee: Candidates can pay the NIFT application fee online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Selection of exam center: Candidates need to select the exam center of their choice based on their convenience.
- Submission of application form: After completing all the above steps, candidates need to submit the application form.
- Downloading the admit card: Once the application form is submitted successfully, candidates can download their NIFT admit card from the official website by providing their login credentials.
It is important to note that candidates must ensure that all the information provided by them in the application form is accurate and genuine. Any incorrect information or discrepancy found in the application form may lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
NIFT - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. It is a premier institute for fashion education in India.
The NIFT 2023 exam is expected to be conducted in the third week of January 2023.
The eligibility criteria for NIFT 2023 varies for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For undergraduate courses, candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board, whereas for postgraduate courses, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
The application fee for NIFT 2023 for General/OBC candidates is Rs. 2000 and for SC/ST/PH candidates, it is Rs. 1000.
No, candidates cannot make any corrections in the NIFT application form after submission. Therefore, it is advised to fill the application form carefully and double-check all the details before submission.
The exam pattern of NIFT 2023 varies for different courses. The exam is conducted in two stages – written test and situation test/group discussion/interview. The written test consists of objective-type questions, creative aptitude test, and a general knowledge test.
The JEE Main 2023 exams are tentatively scheduled to be conducted in February, March, April, and May 2023, while the JEE Advanced 2023 exam is tentatively scheduled to be conducted in May or June 2023.
NIFT - Eligibility Criteria:
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)||Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the minimum percentage is 45%.|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech.)||Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the minimum percentage is 45%.|
|Master of Design (M.Des.)||Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institute or university with a minimum of 50% marks. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the minimum percentage is 45%.|
|Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech.)||Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Fashion Technology/Fashion Design/Textile Engineering from a recognized institute or university with a minimum of 50% marks. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the minimum percentage is 45%.|
|Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M.)||Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institute or university with a minimum of 50% marks. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the minimum percentage is 45%.|
NIFT Admission Process
The admission process for NIFT consists of various stages that students need to go through to get enrolled in their desired program. Here is a brief overview of the NIFT admission process with transition words:
- Registration: Candidates need to register themselves for the NIFT entrance exam by filling the application form on the official website.
- Admit Card: After the registration process, candidates will receive their NIFT admit card through the official website.
- Entrance Exam: The NIFT entrance exam is conducted in two stages: the written exam and the situation test/group discussion/interview.
- Written Exam: The written exam consists of objective and subjective questions and is conducted for all programs. The exam evaluates the candidate’s aptitude, analytical, and communication skills.
- Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview: Candidates who qualify for the written exam will be called for the situation test/group discussion/interview, depending on their selected program.
- Result: NIFT will declare the result of the written exam and situation test/group discussion/interview on its official website.
- Counselling: Candidates who qualify for the NIFT entrance exam will be called for counselling. They need to register themselves online for the counselling process and choose their preferred program and institute.
- Seat Allotment: After the counselling process, NIFT will allocate seats to the candidates based on their rank, choice, and availability of seats.
- Admission: Candidates need to report to their allotted institute to complete the admission process, including document verification, fee payment, and other formalities.