AllMS PG is a postgraduate medical entrance exam conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for admission to MD/MS/DM/MCh/MDS courses offered by various AIIMS institutes across India. The exam is held twice a year, usually in May and November.
The exam is a computer-based test and consists of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) covering topics in anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, forensic medicine, community medicine, clinical sciences, and surgical sciences. The duration of the exam is three hours.
To be eligible for the AllMS PG exam, candidates must have a MBBS/BDS degree from a recognized medical/dental college or university and have completed their internship by the time of the exam. They must also have a minimum aggregate score of 55% in their undergraduate degree.
The AllMS PG exam is highly competitive, with thousands of candidates vying for a limited number of seats. The exam is also known for its high level of difficulty and requires extensive preparation.
To prepare for the exam, candidates should start early and make a study plan that covers all the topics and allows them to revise multiple times. They should also practice solving MCQs and take mock tests to assess their preparation level.
The AllMS PG exam is conducted in various cities across India, and candidates can choose their preferred exam center at the time of registration. The application process for the exam is online, and candidates need to register on the official AIIMS website and fill in the application form, pay the application fee, and upload their photograph and signature. AIIMS PG.
To be eligible for AIIMS PG exam, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or a foreign national.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have completed MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Internship: The candidate must have completed a 12-month rotating internship on or before the 31st of July of the year of admission.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in MBBS or an equivalent degree. For candidates belonging to the SC/ST category, the minimum qualifying marks are 50%.
- Medical Registration: The candidate must have a valid registration with the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC).
It is important to note that candidates who are likely to complete their internship after 31st July of the year of admission are not eligible to apply for the exam.
In conclusion, candidates who have completed MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India, completed their internship, and have a valid registration with MCI or SMC are eligible to apply for AIIMS PG exam. Candidates must also fulfill the minimum qualifying marks criteria to be eligible for the exam.
How to Fill Exam Form For AIIMS PG 2023
To fill the application form for the AIIMS PG exam, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AIIMS PG
Visit the official website of AIIMS PG, which is https://www.aiimsexams.ac.in/. Click on the ‘Academic Courses’ tab and select the ‘MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years)/DM (6 years)/MDS’ option.
Step 2: Register for the exam
Click on the ‘New Registration’ link and provide the required details, such as name, email ID, mobile number, etc. After filling in the details, click on the ‘Register’ button. A confirmation email will be sent to your registered email ID, along with the login credentials.
Step3: Fill in the application form
Login to the website using the provided login credentials. Fill in the application form by providing personal details, educational qualifications, and other necessary information.
Step 4: Upload scanned documents
Upload scanned copies of your recent passport-sized photograph, signature, and other required documents, such as category certificate, MBBS/BDS degree certificate, etc.
Step 5: Pay the application fee
Pay the application fee using a credit card, debit card, or net banking. The application fee for General and OBC category candidates is INR 1500, while it is INR 1200 for SC/ST category candidates.
Step 6: Submit the application form
After filling in all the details and paying the application fee, review the application form and click on the ‘Submit’ button. Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Candidates must ensure that they have entered all the details correctly and uploaded the required documents in the prescribed format. Any errors or discrepancies in the application form may result in the rejection of the application.
In conclusion, filling the application form for the AIIMS PG exam is a straightforward process. However, candidates must ensure that they follow the guidelines and provide accurate information to avoid any issues in the future.
The syllabus for the AIIMS PG exam includes the following subjects:
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Clinical Sciences
- Surgical Sciences
Detailed topics covered under each subject are as follows:
- Anatomy: General anatomy, embryology, histology, and genetics.
- Physiology: General physiology, blood and body fluids, muscles, respiratory system, cardiovascular system, digestive system, renal system, endocrinology, and reproduction.
- Biochemistry: Biomolecules, metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, nucleotides, enzymes, vitamins, and hormones.
- Pharmacology: General pharmacology, pharmacology of autonomic nervous system, central nervous system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, gastrointestinal system, endocrine system, chemotherapy, and immunopharmacology.
- Microbiology: General microbiology, immunology, bacterial infections, viral infections, fungal infections, parasitic infections, and microbiology of special groups.
- Pathology: General pathology, systemic pathology, hematology, clinical pathology, and cytopathology.
- Forensic Medicine: Forensic pathology, forensic toxicology, and medical jurisprudence.
- Community Medicine: Epidemiology, biostatistics, nutrition, environmental health, occupational health, reproductive and child health, health education, and communication.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, ophthalmology, psychiatry, dermatology and venereology, and radiodiagnosis.
- Surgical Sciences: General surgery, orthopedics, anesthesia, otorhinolaryngology, and head and neck surgery.
Candidates must prepare thoroughly for all the subjects mentioned above as the questions in the AIIMS PG exam can come from any topic covered under these subjects. It is recommended to follow the standard textbooks and study materials while preparing for the exam.
The Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for AIIMS PG is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: The AIIMS PG exam is conducted online in computer-based mode.
- Type of Questions: The exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Number of Questions: There are a total of 200 questions in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 1 mark, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Language: The exam is conducted in English.
The AIIMS PG exam consists of two parts:
- Part A: Part A consists of 60 questions covering pre-clinical and para-clinical subjects such as anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, and forensic medicine.
- Part B: Part B consists of 140 questions covering clinical subjects such as medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, ophthalmology, psychiatry, dermatology and venereology, and radiodiagnosis.
Candidates must secure a minimum of 50th percentile to qualify for the exam. Candidates who belong to the SC/ST category must secure a minimum of 40th percentile, while candidates belonging to OBC category must secure a minimum of 45th percentile.
In conclusion, the AIIMS PG exam is a computer-based exam consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must prepare thoroughly for all the subjects covered under the exam syllabus to secure a good score and qualify for the exam.
Course Under AIIMS PG
AIIMS PG offers various courses in the field of medicine at postgraduate level. The courses offered under AIIMS PG are:
- MD/MS: This is a three-year full-time postgraduate course in various disciplines such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Anesthesiology, Radiodiagnosis, Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and General Surgery.
- MDS: This is a three-year full-time postgraduate course in the field of dentistry. The specializations offered under this course are Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine and Radiology, Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology, and Prosthodontics.
- DM: This is a three-year full-time super-specialty course in various disciplines such as Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders, and Neonatology.
- MCh: This is a three-year full-time super-specialty course in various disciplines such as Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Urology, Burns and Plastic Surgery, and Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery.
- MD (Hospital Administration): This is a three-year full-time postgraduate course that provides training in hospital management and administration.
In conclusion, AIIMS PG offers various postgraduate courses in the field of medicine, dentistry, and hospital administration. The courses are available in different specializations, providing a wide range of options for students to choose from.
Preparing for AIIMS PG can be a daunting task, but with a good strategy and plan, it can be achieved. Here are some preparation strategies for AIIMS PG:
- Know the Syllabus: It is essential to know the syllabus thoroughly to prepare for the exam. AIIMS PG syllabus includes subjects from MBBS curriculum. Understanding the syllabus will help you to focus on important topics and prepare accordingly.
- Make a Study Plan: Make a study plan and stick to it. Plan your study hours according to your strength and weakness. Focus on topics that are difficult for you and allocate more time for them.
- Refer to Standard Textbooks: Refer to standard textbooks and study materials for each subject. Focus on understanding the concepts and fundamentals, rather than just memorizing.
- Take Mock Tests: Taking mock tests is an essential part of preparation. It will help you to assess your preparation level, identify your weaknesses, and work on them. You can also analyze the test results and plan your further preparation accordingly.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial while preparing for the exam. Allocate enough time for each subject, and ensure that you cover all the topics before the exam.
- Stay Updated: Stay updated with the latest medical developments and news. This will help you to understand the practical applications of the topics that you are studying and will also help you in the interview round.
- Stay Healthy: Stay healthy by following a proper diet, getting enough sleep, and engaging in physical activities. Avoid stress and maintain a positive attitude.
Top Most Preferred Medical Colleges
AIIMS is a prestigious institution for medical education in India and AIIMS Delhi is considered the topmost preferred college for AIIMS PG. However, AIIMS has several branches across India, and all of them are highly preferred by medical students for PG education. Here are some of the topmost preferred AIIMS branches for PG education:
- AIIMS Delhi: AIIMS Delhi is the most preferred college for AIIMS PG. It is known for its excellent faculty, infrastructure, and research facilities.
- AIIMS Bhopal: AIIMS Bhopal is a well-known college for AIIMS PG, offering courses in various disciplines such as Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine.
- AIIMS Jodhpur: AIIMS Jodhpur is another preferred college for AIIMS PG, offering courses in various disciplines such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine.
- AIIMS Rishikesh: AIIMS Rishikesh is also a preferred college for AIIMS PG, offering courses in various disciplines such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine.
- AIIMS Patna: AIIMS Patna is another preferred college for AIIMS PG, offering courses in various disciplines such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine.
Most Popular Links