The aspiring candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the NDA Exam. The eligibility criteria are a crucial part of the NDA exam else the candidature stands cancelled. The NDA Eligibility Criteria are discussed below in detail.
NDA Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
The candidates have to be one of the following in order to be eligible for the NDA exam.
- Indian citizen
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1st, 1962 with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- Individuals of Indian origin who have migrated from the countries - Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries - Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with an intention of permanent settlement.
The certificate of eligibility has to be issued by the Government of India to all foreign nationals. However, it is not necessary to be produced by the Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
NDA Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
- Candidates who are 12th class pass under the 10+2 pattern of education from any state board or equivalent examination are eligible for the Army wing of the National Defence Academy.
- For the Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy, candidates must have the 12th pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or appear in one, of 10+2 patterns of school education from any state board or equivalent.
NDA Age Limit and Relaxation
- For the NDA 1 2022 exam, the candidates who are born not before July 02, 2003, and not after July 01, 2006, are eligible.
- For the NDA 2 2022 exam, the candidates born between January 02, 2004, and January 01, 2007, are eligible.
- The candidate must write the date of birth as mentioned in the matriculation certificate, secondary school leaving certificate or any other equivalent certification recognised by the Indian University. No other document for proof of date of birth will be accepted by the commission.
NDA Eligibility Criteria: Sex & Marital Status
- Both male and female candidates must be unmarried throughout the selection process as well as till the training is completed.
- If a candidate marries before training, they will not be selected.
- If a candidate marries during training, he/she will be discharged and liable to pay all the expenditures incurred on him/her during the training by the government.
NDA Selection Process 2022
The NDA Selection Process involves two stages. Stage-1 is the written examination and stage-2 is the SSB interview stage. The complete recruitment process in the NDA exam is judged based on marks scored out of 900 collectively in both stages of recruitment.
After the declaration of NDA Results 2022, qualified candidates will have to register themselves at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in within two weeks. Allotment of selection centres and dates will then be notified on the registered email ID.