Pixel code

St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, Delhi

St. Stephen’s College, Delhi was established in 1881 by Cambridge Mission to Delhi is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. Known for its high standards in teaching and research, it has been ranked as the 4th best college in the NIRF-2020 Rankings. India Today ranked the college number 1 in Arts stream and 3rd in Science stream.

St. Stephen’s college offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Economics, English, History, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry along with an M.A/M.Sc. in Operations Research.

The campus of St. Stephen’s college is located north of the campus of the University of Delhi. It has a well-equipped library with a collection of rare Prussian and Sanskrit books. The automated and air-conditioned library of the college has thousands of books, magazines, daily newspapers, and a separate archival section holding records about the history of the college; along with digital resources. It has exhilarating sports facilities with Office of Physical Education Department, Cardio School, indoor Badminton Hall with wooden flooring, Basketball court with synthetic flooring, 8.2 Acre vast Cricket ground, 2 synthetic Tennis courts with fencing, Shooting range, a 120yd x 80yd Football field, Weight training gym, 2 indoor Squash courts, Table tennis area, and a swimming pool.

Guru Jambheshwar university

St. Stephen’s college also provides residential facilities to its students, 3 hostels for boys and 3 hostels for girls with an accommodation of 200 boys and 186 girls. The hostel mess has a seating capacity of 400 members.

St. Stephen’s college has a Chapel for worship and meditation that is available to all, without any discrimination. It has an Internet Resource Centre open from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening from Monday to Saturday for all students and staff. The college cafeteria provides good quality food at reasonable costs. There is an SBI Branch within the premises of the college for smooth functioning of all the banking operations. 24×7 medical facilities are also available in the college.

St. Stephen’s college has an Alumni Cell, Finance and Investments Cell, Planning Forum, Fine Arts Society, Physics Society, Poetry Society, Hiking club, Quiz club, Bengali Literary Society, Hindi Sahitya Club, Shakespeare Sabha, Choreography Club, Cine Club, Leadership Club, Debating society and a lot more. The college has a center for languages, a center for advanced learning, a center for theoretical physics, a center for economic excellence, a center for experimental physics, a center for transnational studies, and a center for gender culture and social processes.

"There's Always A Scope Of Improvement"

The admission process in St. Stephen’s College is based on the Merit List of CBSE, ICSE, and many other State board, or DUET tests. 85% of the weightage in the admission process holds the class 12th marks of the candidates and the remaining 15% are based on the college interview. There are also reserved seats in the college. The total number of seats is equally divided into Christian and Non-Christian candidates. Out of the 50% seats allotted to the Christians, 17% are for the Christian minority. 25% of the total Christian seats will be reserved for the North India Church. 50% out of it (12.5% of the total) shall be earmarked for applicants who belong to the Diocese of Delhi, CNI who manages the entire college. The remaining 33% Christian seats shall be occupied by candidates belonging to all the other Christian denominations, who will be referred to as ‘Christian others’. The rest 50% are being divided into General/OBC/SC/ST. 17% seats are reserved for SC/ST category students and the remaining 83% are bagged by General Merit category.

humanities colleges in India

The last year cut off marks for B.Sc. Chemistry (Hons) is 97% for the general category, 94% for the SC category, and 92% for the ST category. For B.Sc. Physics (Hons), 97.66% for the general category, 95% for the SC category, and 92.66% for the ST category. B.Sc. Mathematics (Hons) is open to all streams, conditioned Maths must be included in the best four subjects during the selection process. For the general category, Science students 98%, Commerce students 98% and Humanities students at 96.5%. BA (Hons) courses in Economics, History, English, Philosophy, and Sanskrit are open to all branches, similar to B.Sc. Mathematics (Hons). The general category cutoff for Economics for science branch students is 98%, for commerce students is 99.25% and for Humanities students, 98.76%.with the compulsion of 90% marks in Mathematics. For English course, general category students need to get 98.75% in Science stream, 99% in commerce stream, 98.75% in Humanities stream with a 90% score in English Core or 85% score in English Elective. The cut-offs for SC or ST category are a bit lower than this, while for Christian Community, the cut-offs are quite low.

"There's Always A Scope Of Improvement"

The three-year BA and BA (Hons) course will cost around 1 lakh and the B.Sc. and B.Sc. (Hons) course will cost around 1.15 lakhs in the college.

Overall, the college is the best and reputed in its field and it must be on your list if you are preparing for DU admissions.

Why Delhi school of social work

The Department of Social Work was granted the Department of Special Assistance status (DSA) by the University Grants Commission in 1992 and was also sanctioned assistance under the ASIHSS Programme. In 2013, in recognition of the Department’s contribution to higher academic research and research excellence, the University Grants Commission (UGC) had sanctioned the Department of social work, University of Delhi as a Center of Advanced Study (CAS) in Social Work.
The faculty of the Department is part of a range of initiatives. Besides undertaking regular research in their areas of expertise and publishing articles in national and international journals of repute, the faculty is part of the various tasks forces and advisory boards of the government and non- governmental institutions. The Department also collaborates with different Universities in India and abroad and inviting distinguished scholars from across the world.
The Department runs of St. Stephe’s college its field action programmes to demonstrate the relevance of social work interventions in dealing with social issues and problems and also to strengthen its theoretical foundation. Two of its field action projects namely; Centre for Child and Adolescent Well Being (CCAW) which was instituted in 1971 and Centre for Community Development and Action which was established in 1988 continue to provide a platform to engage with the challenges at the grass roots and are regularly being strengthened and expanded. For instance, Utthan, an extension wing of CCAW was established in August 2012, with the support of Lion Child Trust. Similarly, a Gender Resource Centre was granted by the Governing Council of Mission Convergence under the Chief Secretary, Government of NCT of Delhi to the Centre for Community Development and Action in 2009, under the auspices of the DSSW Society.
By: Geetu Katyal

Most Popular Links

Career Tests

21st Century Test For Working Professionals
Graduates & Post Graduates
21st Century Test For 12th
21st Century Skills & Learning Test Grade 12
21st Century Test For 11th
21st Century Skills & Learning Test Grade 11
21st Century Test For 10th
21st Century Skills & Learning Test Grade 10
Career Test (1)
Skill Based Career Test 1
Engineering Branch Selector
Professional Educator Index
Stream Selector Test
Commerce Career Test
Humanities Career Test
Professional Skill Test

Recent Posts

People Also Viewed

Top Private Universities

Most Popular Universities

Trending Colleges

Upcoming Exams

21st Century Skills & Learning Test

Career Counselling Services

Popular Exams

Most Popular Article's

Send this to a friend
Hi, this may be interesting you: St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi, Delhi! This is the link: http://institute.careerguide.com/st-stephen-college-university-of-delhi-delhi/