The University of Patanjali (UoP) bears the name of the illustrious Indian sage Patanjali, who, around 900 BC, collected the countless texts on yoga into aphorisms. It was created by Act No. 4/2006 of the Uttarakhand State Legislature, which was published in the State Gazette on April 5, 2006. The University is funded by the Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust (PYP) and is situated at Bhadrabad, Haridwar, close to the Ganges River bank. Association of Indian Universities membership is held by the university.
Table of Contents
Since the beginning of time, India has excelled in the fields of knowledge, literature, music, art, and culture. All nations used to travel to India to receive spiritual initiation and to learn.
The well-known sage Param Pujya Swami Ji Maharaj was born to Smt. Gulab Devi and Shri Ram Niwas in a small town in the Indian state of Haryana. He is credited with revitalizing and reestablishing yoga in the lives of people all over the world. At the age of 14, he began attending the Gurukul in the Indian state of Haryana’s Kalwa hamlet, which is in the Jind region.
Here are the important dates for the UOP admission for the academic year 2023-24:
- Application start date: March 31, 2023
- Application deadline: June 7, 2023
- Entrance exam date: July 16, 2023
- Merit list release date: July 30, 2023
- Admission offer letter release date: August 10, 2023
- Reporting date: August 15, 2023
Please note that these dates are subject to change. For the latest information, please visit the University of Patanjali website.
Here are some additional important dates for the University of Patanjali:
- Commencement of the session (2023-24): August 15, 2023
- Last date for payment of fees: August 31, 2023
- Last date for hostel allotment: September 15, 2023
- First semester examinations: December 2023
- Second semester examinations: May 2024
The UOP is ranked 87 out of 171 colleges in India in 2023 by the IIRF University Rankings. It is also ranked 6th among the state universities of Uttarakhand.
Here are the rankings of the UOP in different categories:
- Overall ranking: 87
- Engineering: 147
- Management: 121
- Pharmacy: 90
- Law: 118
- Medical: 161
- Education: 142
- Science: 135
- Arts: 126
The University of Patanjali is a relatively new university, and it is still in the process of establishing its reputation. However, it has a good academic reputation and it offers a variety of courses in traditional Indian sciences. It is also a popular choice for students who are interested in studying with Baba Ramdev.
Courses,fees & Eligibility
Here is a table of the courses offered by the University of Patanjali:
|Bachelor of Arts in Yoga Science||Undergraduate||10+2 with at least 60% marks in any stream||₹22,000 per year|
|Bachelor of Science in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy||Undergraduate||10+2 with at least 60% marks in any stream||₹25,000 per year|
|Master of Arts in Yoga Science||Postgraduate||Graduation with at least 50% marks||₹27,500 per year|
|Master of Science in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy||Postgraduate||Graduation with at least 50% marks||₹30,000 per year|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Yoga Science||Doctoral||Post graduation with at least 50% marks||₹17,000 per year|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy||Doctoral||Post graduation with at least 50% marks||₹20,000 per year|
|Diploma in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy||Diploma||10+2 with at least 45% marks||₹8,800 per year|
|Certificate in Yoga Therapy||Certificate||10+2 with at least 45% marks||₹20,000 per year|
UOP fees vary depending on the course and the level of study. for example, the fees for a bachelor of arts in yoga science are ₹22,000 per year, while the fees for a doctor of philosophy in yoga science are ₹17,000 per year.
|bachelor of arts in yoga science||undergraduate||₹22,000 per year|
|bachelor of science in naturopathy and yoga therapy||undergraduate||₹25,000 per year|
|master of arts in yoga science||postgraduate||₹27,500 per year|
|master of science in naturopathy and yoga therapy||postgraduate||₹30,000 per year|
|doctor of philosophy in yoga science||doctoral||₹17,000 per year|
|doctor of philosophy in naturopathy and yoga therapy||doctoral||₹20,000 per year|
|diploma in naturopathy and yoga therapy||diploma||₹8,800 per year|
|certificate in yoga therapy||certificate||₹20,000 per year|
The eligibility criteria for admission to the University of Patanjali vary depending on the course and the level of study. Here are the general eligibility criteria for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Patanjali:
- 10+2 with at least 60% marks in any stream for most courses.
- 10+2 with at least 45% marks for some courses, such as Diploma in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy and Certificate in Yoga Therapy.
- Good health and physical fitness.
- Interest in the course and related studies.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks in any discipline for most courses.
- Graduation with at least 45% marks for some courses, such as Master of Arts in Yoga Science.
- Good health and physical fitness.
- Interest in the course and related studies.
In addition to the general eligibility criteria, some courses may have additional requirements, such as an entrance exam or an interview. For example, the Bachelor of Arts in Yoga Science requires candidates to pass an entrance exam conducted by the University of Patanjali.
The admission process for the UOP varies depending on the course and the level of study. Here are the general steps involved in the admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Patanjali:
- Apply online: You can apply for admission to the University of Patanjali online through their website. The application form can be downloaded from the website and filled out in detail. You will need to upload scanned copies of your documents, such as your 10+2/graduation mark sheet, your birth certificate, and your passport-sized photograph.
- Pay the application fee: You will need to pay an application fee of ₹1000 for undergraduate courses and ₹1500 for postgraduate courses. The application fee can be paid online through the website or by bank transfer.
- Sit for the entrance exam: If you are applying for a course that requires an entrance exam, you will need to sit for the exam. The entrance exam is conducted by the University of Patanjali. The exam date and time will be announced on the website.
- Wait for the results: The results of the entrance exam will be announced on the website. If you qualify for admission, you will be invited for an interview.
- Attend the interview: If you are invited for an interview, you will need to attend the interview at the University of Patanjali. The interview will be conducted by a panel of faculty members.
- Get admission offer: If you are selected for admission, you will be offered a seat in the course. You will need to accept the offer and pay the admission fee to confirm your admission.
Here are the cutoffs for some of the popular courses offered by the University of Patanjali in 2023:
- Bachelor of Arts in Yoga Science: 60% for general category and 50% for SC/ST category
- Bachelor of Science in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy: 60% for general category and 50% for SC/ST category
- Master of Arts in Yoga Science: 55% for general category and 50% for SC/ST category
- Master of Science in Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy: 55% for general category and 50% for SC/ST category
The cutoffs are subject to change every year. For the latest cutoffs, please visit the website of the University of Patanjali.
Here are some additional factors that may affect the cutoffs for admission to the University of Patanjali:
- The number of seats available in the course.
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam.
- The performance of the candidates in the entrance exam.
- The demand for the course.
The results are available in PDF format. The PDF contains your roll number, name, category, marks obtained, and the overall rank.
If you have any queries about your result, you can contact the University of Patanjali on their helpline number.
Here are the steps on how to check your Patanjali University result 2023:
- Go to the website of the University of Patanjali.
- Click on the “Results” tab.
- Select the “Entrance Exam Results” option.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen.
The UOP has a good placement record. In 2023, the average salary offered to students from the university was ₹3.00 lakh per annum. The highest salary offered was ₹7.00 lakh per annum and the lowest salary offered was ₹1.00 lakh per annum.
The university has a placement cell that helps students find jobs after graduation. The placement cell organizes campus interviews with companies from various industries, such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and IT.
Some of the companies that have visited the University of Patanjali for campus placements in the past include:
- Patanjali Ayurved
- Himalaya Herbals
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
The UOP offers a variety of scholarships to students who qualify. These scholarships are based on merit, financial need, and other criteria.
Here are some of the scholarships offered by the University of Patanjali:
- Patanjali Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have scored well in the entrance exam. The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the course.
- Patanjali Need-Based Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are from economically weaker sections of society. The scholarship covers a portion of the tuition fee for the course.
- Patanjali Sports Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have excelled in sports. The scholarship covers a portion of the tuition fee for the course.
- Patanjali Cultural Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have excelled in cultural activities. The scholarship covers a portion of the tuition fee for the course.
- Start your application early. The scholarship application process can be time-consuming, so it is important to start your application early.
- Carefully read the eligibility criteria. Make sure you meet all of the requirements for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Prepare a strong application. Your application should include your academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- Be confident. The most important thing is to be confident in your abilities and your choice to study at the University of Patanjali.
- The UOP is located in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India. It is a sprawling campus with lush green lawns, well-maintained buildings, and modern amenities. The campus is spread over an area of 1000 acres and is home to over 10,000 students.
- Academic buildings: The university has a number of academic buildings that house classrooms, laboratories, and libraries.
- Hostels: The university has hostels for both men and women. The hostels are well-maintained and have all the amenities that students need.
- Sports facilities: The university has a number of sports facilities, including a stadium, a swimming pool, and a gymnasium.
- Medical facilities: The university has a medical facility that provides healthcare to students and staff
- Cafeterias: The university has a number of cafeterias that serve a variety of food options
Here are some notable alumni of the UOP:
- Swami Ramdev: He is the founder of the Patanjali Yogpeeth and the Patanjali Ayurved company. He is a well-known yoga guru and has been credited with popularizing yoga in India and around the world.
- Acharya Balkrishna: He is the CEO of the Patanjali Ayurved company. He is a disciple of Swami Ramdev and has been instrumental in the growth of the company.
- Vijay Chauthaiwale: He is the Minister of State for Food Processing Industries in the Government of India. He is a graduate of the University of Patanjali and has been a vocal advocate of the use of Ayurveda and yoga for health and wellness.
- Ajay Gautam: He is the founder and CEO of the Vedic Health Care company. He is a graduate of the University of Patanjali and has been a pioneer in the use of Ayurveda for modern health care.
- Swati Upadhyay: She is a yoga instructor and the author of the book “Yoga for Dummies.” She is a graduate of the University of Patanjali and has been a leading advocate of yoga for health and wellness.
Patanjali University, Haridwar Overall ranking by IIRF is 87 out of 171 colleges in India in 2023.
Silence to be strictly maintained after night prayer till the morning Yajna. Use of mobile phones are restricted especially in Classrooms, Yajna, Seminars, Official meetings/gatherings etc. If found using mobile phone beyond the given time, it will be recovered along with fine or physical punishments.
It is compulsory for the students of all the programmes of UoP to reside in the hostels.