JNUEE Course Eligibility Criteria 2023
|BA (Hons.) (1st Year)||Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board. Minimum Marks: Obtain minimum 45% marks in the qualifying exam. Minimum Age Limit: 17 Years as on 1st October 2023.|
|BA (Hons.) (2nd Year) in German||Qualifying Exam: Pass 1st year of Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Minimum Marks: Secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.|
|BA (Hons.) (2nd Year) other than German||Qualifying Exam: Pass 1st year of Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 45% marks in above exam.|
|MA in Politics/English/Linguistics/German/Arts & Aesthetics||Qualifying Exam: Pass Bachelor Degree from any recognized university. Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.|
|MA in Geography/Sociology/Sanskrit||Qualifying Exam: Should Pass Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Minimum Marks: Score at least 45% marks in the above exam.|
|MA in Economics||Qualifying Exam: Pass Bachelor Degree (with 50% marks in aggregate) in following subjects: Economics (Hons.) with Mathematics as subsidiary subject or Mathematics(Hons.) with Economics as a subsidiary subject or Statistics(Hons.) with Mathematics and Economics as subsidiary subjects. OR Pass any other bachelor degree with Economics & Mathematics & secure 60% marks.|
|MA in Political Sciences/Philosophy||Qualifying Exam: Pass Bachelor Degree with minimum 50 % marks in Social sciences. OR Pass Bachelor Degree with at least 55% marks for in science and technology stream.|
|M.Sc||Qualifying Exam: Pass Bachelor’s degree (B.SC or B.Tech or equivalent) from any recognized university. Minimum Marks: Obtain at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.|
|MCA||Qualifying Exam: Pass Bachelor Degree in any disciplines from a recognized university. Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 55% marks in the above qualifying examination.|
|M.Tech/Ph.D||Qualifying Exam: Pass Master Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Operational Research or in any branch of Science or Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering or MCA. Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 55% marks.|
|Ph.D. (Direct Admission)||Qualifying Exam: Pass 2-year M.Phil degree or Pass 1-year M.Phil degree with one-year research experience. OR Pass Master’s degree/BE/B.Tech & have at least 2-year research experience. Minimum Marks: Score minimum 55% marks in the examination.|
|M.Phil/Ph.D & Ph.D (Through JRF)||Pass M.Sc in relevant subject. Candidates who have qualified for the examination for a fellowship through a national level written test, i.e. JRF category under CSIR/UGC National Eligibility Test (NET)-JRF, DBT-JRF (Category-I), ICMR-JRF, INSPIRE Fellowship, Ayush Fellowship, Bioinformatic National Certification (BINC) examination (conducted by DBT) or any other fellowship awarded from Government of India.|
JNUEE Eligibility Criteria for Candidates:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: The age limit varies depending on the course. The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 1st October 2023.
- Educational Qualification: The educational qualification required varies depending on the course applied.
JNUEE Exam Date 2023
|19 Apr ’23||Last date for Fee Payment JNU 2023 PG|
|20 Mar ’23 – 19 Apr ’23||JNU 2023 PG Courses (CUET)|
|20 Apr ’23 – 23 Apr ’23||JNU CUET PG 2023 Application Correction|
|May ’23||JNU CUET UG Admit Card|
|21 May ’23 – 31 May ’23 (Tentative)||JNU CUET UG Exam 2023|
|Jun ’23||JNU CUET PG Exam Dates (Tentative)|
Frequently Asked Questions
JNUEE stands for Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination. It is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) to select candidates for admission to various undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs offered by the university.
Candidates can apply for JNUEE online through the official website of JNU. The application process usually starts in the month of March or April every year, and the last date for submission of online application is usually in the month of April or May.
The exam pattern for JNUEE varies depending on the program for which the candidate is applying. Generally, the exam is of 3 hours duration and consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The number of questions, total marks, and marking scheme may vary from program to program, and candidates are advised to refer to the official website of JNU or the prospectus of the specific program for the detailed exam pattern.
The results of JNUEE are usually declared within a few weeks of the exam date. However, the exact date may vary from year to year, and candidates are advised to check the official website of JNU for the latest updates on the result declaration date.
The cutoff for JNUEE varies depending on the program for which the candidate is applying. Generally, the cutoff is based on various factors such as the number of candidates appeared for the exam, difficulty level
- Application: Candidates must first fill out the online application form for JNUEE and submit it before the deadline along with the required documents and application fee.
- Admit Card: Candidates who have successfully applied will be issued an admit card for the entrance exam. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of JNU.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates must appear for the JNU Entrance Exam (JNUEE) on the scheduled date and time.
- Results: The results of the entrance exam will be announced on the official website of JNU.
- Merit List: Based on the performance in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared and displayed on the official website of JNU.
- Counselling: Candidates who have been shortlisted in the merit list will be called for counselling. During counselling, candidates will be required to submit their original documents for verification.
- Admission: Candidates who have successfully completed the counselling process and document verification will be offered admission into the desired course at JNU.