The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national-level exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India. The exam is conducted twice a year to assess the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in primary and upper primary schools.
In the CTET exam, the use of transition words is not specifically graded or quantified. However, it is important for candidates to use clear and concise language that effectively communicates their ideas. Effective use of transition words can help with this, as they can improve the overall coherence and organization of a candidate’s written response.
CTET 2023 Exam Important Dates
|Event||Dates (July Session 2023)|
|Start date for CTET application form 2023||To be notified|
|Last date to register for CTET 2023||To be notified|
|CTET application correction window 2023||To be notified|
|CTET 2023 pre-admit card release date||To be notified|
|Release of the CTET admit card 2023||To be notified|
|CTET 2023 exam dates||To be notified|
|Release of CTET Question Papers with response sheet||To be notified|
|CTET 2023 provisional answer key release date||To be notified|
|Last date to challenge the CTET 2023 answer key||To be notified|
|CTET final answer key 2023||To be notified|
|CTET Result date 2023||To be notified|
CTET Application Form
CTET application form:
- Firstly, it is important to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and contact details.
- Moreover, you should ensure that all the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.
- In addition, you will need to select the exam center where you wish to take the CTET exam.
- Furthermore, you must indicate which paper you wish to appear for, either Paper 1 or Paper 2, or both.
- Additionally, you must upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature as per the specified guidelines.
- Similarly, you must pay the application fee online through the designated payment gateway.
- Moreover, you should carefully review your application form before submitting it to ensure that all the information is correct.
- Furthermore, it is important to note that once you submit your application form, you will not be able to make any changes to it.
- Additionally, you should keep a printout of your application form and payment receipt for future reference.
- Lastly, it is recommended that you check the official CTET website for any updates or notifications regarding the application process.
CTET 2023 Application Form Fees:
|Category||Paper 1 or Paper 2||Both Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|SC/ST/Differently abled||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 600/-|
How to Apply for CTET 2023:
- Firstly, visit the official CTET website and click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Next, carefully read the instructions and eligibility criteria before starting the application process.
- After that, register yourself on the website by providing your basic details such as name, email ID, and mobile number.
- Subsequently, you will receive a registration number and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Furthermore, log in to the CTET portal using the registration number and password to access the application form.
- Then, fill in all the required details such as personal information, academic qualifications, and contact details.
- Additionally, select the exam center where you wish to take the CTET exam and choose the paper you wish to appear for, either Paper 1 or Paper 2, or both.
- Moreover, upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature as per the specified guidelines.
- Subsequently, pay the application fee online through the designated payment gateway.
- Before submitting the application form, ensure that all the information you have provided is accurate and up-to-date.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
- Additionally, take a printout of the confirmation page and payment receipt for future reference.
- Also, keep checking the official CTET website for any updates or notifications regarding the application process.
CTET 2023 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test, which is a national-level exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to determine the eligibility of candidates for teaching jobs in government schools.
No, there is no negative marking in CTET 2023. Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer, and there is no penalty for incorrect answers.
The CTET certificate is valid for a period of seven years from the date of declaration of the result.
Candidates can appear for CTET in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu, or any other regional language as per their preference.
CTET 2023 - Eligibility Criteria:
- Firstly, candidates must have completed their Senior Secondary or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks.
- Moreover, candidates who are pursuing their final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) or Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or have completed any such teacher training program are also eligible to apply.
- Additionally, candidates who have completed a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) or a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) are also eligible to apply.
- Furthermore, there is no upper age limit for appearing in CTET.
- However, it is important to note that candidates must be Indian nationals or citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibet to be eligible for the exam.
- Moreover, candidates belonging to reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), or Differently-abled persons are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the minimum qualifying marks.
- Furthermore, candidates who have qualified CTET earlier can also apply for CTET 2023, but they need to ensure that their CTET certificate is still valid.
- Subsequently, candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for either Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both.
- Additionally, candidates who wish to teach classes I to V need to appear for Paper 1, while those who wish to teach classes VI to VIII need to appear for Paper 2.
- Finally, candidates who wish to teach classes I to VIII need to appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
CTET 2023 Admit Card
- Firstly, candidates need to visit the official CTET website to download their Admit Card.
- Moreover, candidates must ensure that they have their registration number and date of birth handy before proceeding to download their Admit Card.
- Once on the official website, candidates need to click on the “Download Admit Card” link and enter their registration number and date of birth in the designated fields.
- Additionally, candidates must ensure that they enter the correct information to avoid any errors or discrepancies.
- Once the information is entered, candidates need to click on the “Submit” button to proceed.
- Furthermore, the CTET 2023 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen once the information is verified.
- Candidates must carefully check all the details mentioned on the Admit Card such as their name, roll number, exam date and time, exam center address, and other important instructions.
- If there are any discrepancies or errors on the Admit Card, candidates must immediately contact the CTET authorities for resolution.
- Candidates must download and take a printout of the Admit Card well in advance to avoid any last-minute rush or technical glitches.
- It is important to carry a printed copy of the Admit Card to the examination center along with a valid photo ID proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, or Passport.
- Additionally, candidates must ensure that they reach the examination center well before the reporting time mentioned on the Admit Card.
- Candidates must follow all the instructions mentioned on the Admit Card and at the examination center to avoid any disqualification or penalty.
- Finally, candidates are advised to keep their Admit Card safe until the completion of the CTET 2023 selection process as it may be required for future reference.
CTET Exam Pattern
- The CTET Exam is conducted in two papers – Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I is for candidates who intend to teach Classes I to V, while Paper II is for candidates who intend to teach Classes VI to VIII.
- Both Paper I and Paper II comprise 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) each, with a total of 150 marks.
- The duration of each paper is 2.5 hours.
- Each question carries one mark, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The questions in both papers are based on Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Environmental Studies for Paper I, and Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Science or Social Studies/Social Science for Paper II.
- Candidates have the option to choose the language of their choice for Language I and Language II.
- Candidates must score at least 60% marks to qualify the CTET exam, and there is no minimum qualifying marks for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates who qualify the CTET exam will be issued a CTET Certificate that is valid for 7 years.
CTET Rank List
It is important to note that the CTET Certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of declaration of result, and candidates who do not qualify can appear for the exam again in subsequent years to improve their score and qualify for the certificate.
CTET Cut Off
The CTET Cut Off marks are the minimum marks that candidates must score in order to qualify for the CTET Certificate. The CTET Cut Off marks vary every year depending on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, and the number of vacancies in schools.
Generally, the qualifying criteria for the CTET exam is that candidates must score at least 60% marks to be eligible for the CTET Certificate. However, there is no minimum qualifying marks for reserved category candidates.
The CTET Cut Off marks are announced along with the declaration of the CTET Result. Candidates who score above the cut off marks in the CTET exam are issued a CTET Certificate, which is valid for 7 years from the date of declaration of result.
It is important to note that the CTET Certificate does not guarantee a job, and candidates must apply for teaching jobs separately based on their CTET qualification. Additionally, candidates must also refer to the official CTET website for detailed information on the CTET Cut Off marks and qualifying criteria.
CTET 2023 Vacancy Process
The CTET exam is conducted to assess the eligibility of candidates who aspire to become teachers in schools. Once candidates have qualified the CTET exam, they become eligible to apply for teaching vacancies in various schools. However, the CTET exam does not have a direct vacancy process.
Schools that have vacancies for teaching positions may release recruitment notifications mentioning the eligibility criteria, including the requirement of a CTET qualification. Candidates who have qualified the CTET exam can apply for these vacancies by submitting their application as per the guidelines mentioned in the recruitment notification.
It is important to note that clearing the CTET exam does not guarantee a job, but it is a mandatory qualification for those who wish to apply for teaching positions in schools. Therefore, candidates who have cleared the CTET exam should keep themselves updated about the latest recruitment notifications from schools and apply for suitable teaching vacancies as per their qualifications and interests.
In summary, the CTET exam does not have a direct vacancy process, but candidates who have qualified the CTET exam can apply for teaching vacancies in schools by submitting their application as per the recruitment notification guidelines.