Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU UET) on behalf of the university (BHU). It is a national entrance exam for admission to BHU’s undergraduate programmes. For the most part, the exam is conducted in CBT style; however, for a few courses, an OMR-based exam is administered. The exam is held in several cities around India. When applying for Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test, candidates have the option of choosing their preferred exam centre. Each test will have its own question paper, but some tests will have a common question paper. Candidates can take many tests or simply one, depending on their preference and eligibility.
BHU EXAM OVERVIEW
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is a premier public university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various fields including arts, science, commerce, law, management, engineering, and medical sciences
The BHU entrance exams are usually conducted in online mode, and the exam pattern and syllabus may vary depending on the course. The selection process typically involves a combination of entrance exam scores, academic performance, and/or personal interview.
BHU is a highly esteemed university in India, and getting admission to its various courses is considered prestigious. As such, the competition for admission is usually high, and students are advised to prepare thoroughly for the entrance exams.
BHU 2023 - Important Exam Dates
|Application correction||20th to 23rd April 2023|
|Admit card||2nd week of May 2023|
|BHU exam||1st to 10th June 2023|
BHU 2023 - Application Form
The application forms for BHU entrance exams in 2023 have not been released yet. However, BHU generally releases the application forms a few months before the exam date. Candidates are advised to regularly check the official website of BHU for updates on the application process. The application process for BHU entrance exams generally involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Register Online using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down the system-generated Application Number.
- Step 2: Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system-generated Application Number.
- Step 3: Upload legible scanned images of:
a recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb)
- Step-4: Pay the prescribed fee through Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI / Wallet and keep proof of fee paid for future reference.
- Step-5: Download the confirmation page generated.
BHU 2023 - Application Fee:
In general, the application fee for BHU entrance exams for undergraduate courses (UET) is around Rs. 600 for general and OBC category candidates, and Rs. 300 for SC/ST candidates. For postgraduate courses (PET), the application fee is around Rs. 700 for general and OBC category candidates, and Rs. 350 for SC/ST candidates. However, the exact application fee for BHU entrance exams in 2024 may be different from the previous years, and it is best to check the official website of BHU for the latest information regarding the application fee. Candidates can pay the application fee online through debit card, credit card, or net banking.
How to Apply for BHU 2023
- Visit the official website of BHU (www.bhuonline.in) and click on the “Apply for Admission” button.
- Select the course you wish to apply for and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in the required details in the application form such as personal details, academic details, and communication details.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode (debit/credit card, net banking) or offline mode (bank challan).
- After successful payment, click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep it safely for future reference.
BHU 2024 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BHU stands for Banaras Hindu University. It is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 1916 by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya and is one of the most prestigious universities in India.
BHU offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various fields including arts, science, commerce, law, management, engineering, and medical sciences.
Candidates can apply for BHU entrance exams by visiting the official website of BHU and filling out the application form. The application fee can be paid online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
The selection process for admission to BHU usually involves a combination of entrance exam scores, academic performance, and/or personal interview.
Yes, BHU provides hostel accommodation for its students. The university has several hostels for both male and female students, and the hostel fees are reasonable.
Yes, BHU is a highly esteemed university in India and is considered one of the best universities in the country. It has a long history of academic excellence and is known for its quality education and research programs.
BHU - Eligibility Criteria
|UET||Minimum 16 years of age as on 31st July of the year of admission||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum required percentage of marks as specified for the particular course|
|PET||No age limit for most of the courses||Completed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university with the minimum required percentage of marks as specified for the particular course|
BHU 2021-2022 Cut Off
BHU UET 2021 Cut Off (General Category)
|B.A. (Hons.) Arts||179|
|B.A. (Hons.) Social Sciences||222|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths Group||264|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio Group||307|
|B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts)||64|
BHU PET 2021 Cut Off (General Category)
BHU 2023 Admission Process
The BHU admission process consists of the following steps:
- Online Application: Candidates have to fill the online application form available on the BHU admission portal by the specified deadline. The application fee can be paid through online modes.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates have to appear for the BHU entrance exam for the particular course they have applied for. The exam is conducted in online or offline mode, depending on the course.
- Declaration of Results: The university declares the results of the entrance exam on the admission portal. Candidates can check their results by logging in with their application number and password.
- Counselling: Candidates who have qualified in the entrance exam have to attend the counselling process. The counselling process involves document verification, seat allotment, and fee payment.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates are allotted seats based on their rank, preference, and availability of seats in the particular course and category.
- Admission: Candidates who are allotted seats have to pay the admission fee and complete the admission formalities. Candidates have to submit their original documents at the time of admission.