In Davangere, Karnataka, India, there is a public university called Davangere University. It was created in 2008 as a result of a Karnataka State Government amending act. The university is in charge of 116 affiliated institutions that are dispersed throughout two districts, Davangere and Chitradurga.
Numerous undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at the university. The institution Grants Commission (UGC) has granted the institution accreditation pursuant to sections 2(f), 12(B), and 22 of the UGC Act of 1956.
- Dr. C. N. R. Rao, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
- Dr. M. M. Krishnamurthy, former Governor of Karnataka
- Dr. G. Madhava Rao, former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University
- Dr. A. K. Krishnaswamy, former Vice-Chancellor of Davangere University
- Foundation Day: The university was founded on August 18, 2009.
- Admissions Deadline: The application deadline for the academic year 2023-2024 is March 31, 2023.
- Orientation: The orientation for new students will be held on August 15-17, 2023.
- First Day of Classes: The first day of classes for the academic year 2023-2024 is August 19, 2023.
- Midterm Exams: Midterm exams will be held in the month of October 2023.
- Final Exams: Final exams will be held in the month of December 2023.
- Graduation: The graduation ceremony will be held in the month of May 2024.
None of the top university rankings, including the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, include Davangere University. The University Grants Commission (UGC), the primary authority overseeing India’s educational system, has accredited the university, though.
Engineering, medicine, science, the arts, and business are among the many undergraduate and graduate degrees that are available at the institution. There are numerous research centers and institutions within the university as well.
The university of Davangere is thriving and expanding. The university is dedicated to giving each student a top-notch education.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a variety of subjects, such as biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in a variety of engineering disciplines, such as civil engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Master of Arts (MA) in a variety of subjects, such as English, history, political science, and sociology.
- Master of Science (MS) in a variety of subjects, such as biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Engineering (ME) in a variety of engineering disciplines, such as civil engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in a variety of subjects, such as English, history, political science, and sociology.
Fees & Eligibility
|(BA)||50,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in English and other subjects|
|(BS)||50,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in English and other subjects|
|(BCom)||50,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in English and other subjects|
|(BBA)||60,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in English and other subjects|
|(BE)||75,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English|
|(MBBS)||1,000,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English|
|(BDS)||900,000 per year||10+2 passed with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English|
Comparing universities based on a range of criteria, including academic standing, research output, and student happiness, is possible through university rankings. There are numerous rankings of universities, and each one has its own set of standards.
QS World University Rankings: This ranking is published by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). It is based on a variety of factors, including academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, and citations per faculty.
Higher Education Times World University Rankings: The Times Higher Education (THE) is the source of this list. It is determined by a number of variables, including teaching, research, citations, the prognosis for the global market, and industry revenue.
Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU): Shanghai Jiao Tong University is the source of this ranking. It is determined by many variables, such as the number of highly cited papers, the number of articles published in prestigious scholarly journals, the number of Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals that faculty members have received.
After graduating from college, students go through placements to obtain careers. The prestige of the university, the caliber of its programs, and the faculty’s links to industry are just a few of the variables that can influence a university’s placement rate.
The placement rate for a university can be a helpful metric for students who are considering applying to university. However, it is important to note that the placement rate is not the only factor that should be considered when making a decision. Other factors, such as the cost of tuition, the quality of the programs, and the student experience, should also be considered.
The percentage of graduates who secure employment within a predetermined time following graduation is known as a university’s placement rate. For instance, a school with an employment rate of 80% indicates that 80% of its graduates secured employment within six months of graduation.
Students at Davangere University have access to a range of scholarships. Students from all socioeconomic backgrounds can apply for these awards.
- Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students based on their academic achievements.
- Need-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students based on their financial need.
- Athletic Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who participate in NCAA Division III sports.
- Diversity Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from underrepresented groups.
- International Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who are not citizens of India.
- There are other scholarships available to students from various organizations in addition to the scholarships provided by Davangere University. The scholarship search engine at the university or internet directories are good places to look for these grants.
Davangere University’s campus has a total of 500 acres. It may be found right in the middle of Davangere, India’s Karnataka state.
Numerous academic structures, including libraries, labs, and classrooms, may be found on the site. Numerous residences, sports venues, and other amenities are also present.
The campus is a green and lush setting, with a number of trees and plants. It is a quiet and peaceful place where students can study and relax.
The campus of Davangere University is a vibrant and active place. It is a home to a number of student organizations, clubs, and activities. The university also has a strong athletic program.
The particular financial aid alternatives that a student has will depend on their unique situation. For further information, students should get in touch with the university’s financial aid division.
Davangere University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India, which is the highest body for the education system in India.
Davangere University is located in Davangere, Karnataka, India. Davangere is a small city located in the Karnataka state. The university is about 200 kilometers from Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka.