For candidates looking to work for Infosys, one of the top technology and consulting companies in the world, the Infosys exam is an essential part of the hiring process. The exam acts as a thorough assessment of a candidate’s technical acumen, problem-solving abilities, and general fit for employment within the firm.
Table of Content
IT service company Infosys is based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The business offers its clients services in outsourcing, business consulting, engineering, and technology. It employs more than 50,000 recent graduates each year and is the second-largest exporter of IT services.
Infosys Selection Process
Infosys selection process is carried out as follows:
- Online Written Test/ Aptitude Test
- Interview Rounds
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- A minimum of 60 percent in class X and XII and 65 percent or above in B.Tech.
- Candidates should not have more than 2 years gap in education.
|Areas||No. of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
Infosys Exam Interview Process
This round consists of Technical Interview and HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
- Technical Interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. These may be based on specific knowledge about the company’s technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
- HR Interview
Final step is the HR Interview round. This helps to determine a candidate’s personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry-specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family, etc.
Infosys Mathematical Ability Syllabus:
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
- Areas, Shapes, Perimeter
- Speed Time and Distance / Boats and Streams
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss | Mixtures & Allegation
- Problem on Ages
- Number Decimal & Fractions
- Series and Progression
- LCM and HCF
Infosys Online Test Pattern
There are 5 sections in the test.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Pseudo Code
- Puzzle Solving
Infosys Exam Logical Syllabus:
|Logical Reasoning Topics||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level||Importance||Suggested Time to Solve|
|Puzzle||1 or 2||High||High||5 mins|
|Arrangements||0 or 1||Medium||High||2 mins|
|Syllogisms||1 or 2||Medium||High||2 mins|
|Coding Decoding||1 or 2||Medium||High||3 mins|
|Number Series||1 or 2||High||Medium||2 mins|
|Cryptarithmetic||2 or 3||Easy-medium||Medium||5 mins|
|Clocks and Calendar||1 or 2||Medium||High||5 mins|
|Data Sufficiency||1 or 2||Easy||High||5-7 mins|
|Most Logical Choice||1 or 2||Medium||High||7 mins|
|Logical Deduction||2 or 3||Medium||Medium||5 mins|
Infosys Exam Verbal Syllabus:
|Verbal Topics||No. of Questions||Infosys Verbal Questions with Answers Difficulty||Importance in Infosys||Suggested Average Time to Solve|
|Reading Comprehension||1-2||Hard||High||8-10 mins|
|Sentence Correction||0-2||Easy||Medium||1-2 mins|
|Sentence Selection||0-2||Medium||Medium||2 mins|
|Sentence Completion||1-2||Easy||Medium||2 mins|
|Para Jumbles||1-2||Medium||Medium||3 mins|
|One Word Substitution||1-2||Medium||High||2 mins|
|Spotting Error||2-3||Medium||Medium||1-2 mins|
|Fill in the Blanks||0-3||Medium||Medium||2 mins|
Key features of Infosys Exam Pattern
Key features of Infosys Exam Pattern are
- The total time allotted for the written exam is 100 minutes, with different time limits for different section.
- There is no negative marking in the paper but one has to secure at least 70% in each section.
- Verbal Ability section consists of short reading comprehension passages. This section also consists of basic grammar usage questions like fill in the blanks, Para jumbles, paragraph completion, vocabulary, sentence correction, etc.
- Reasoning section consists of questions based on syllogism, arrangements, puzzles, number series, logical deduction etc.
- Mathematical Ability section consists of questions based on permutation & combination, data interpretation, arithmetic, algebra, probability etc.
- Pseudo code section in the Infosys test is most for all the candidates to clear. Topics asked in this section are Data Structures, C, and C++.
- In the puzzle section, candidate will be tested on logical and mathematical ability skills. Candidates with good logical and aptitude skills will ace this section with ease.
- Overall, the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
Eligibility criteria vary based on the specific role and level. Typically, candidates should meet educational qualifications, age limits, and any other specific requirements mentioned in the job description.
The presence of negative marking can vary based on the specific exam. It’s important to read the instructions carefully before attempting the questions.
Practice coding problems, review your technical concepts, work on your communication skills, and research Infosys as a company. Be ready to discuss your accomplishments and experiences.