The Indian Revenue Service (IRS) is a prestigious administrative service under the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in India, responsible for collecting and managing direct taxes.
The recruitment process for IRS officers is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the Civil Services Examination.
The selection process includes three stages – Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Personal Interview.
The candidates who qualify in all three stages are then selected for the training program conducted by the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
After successful completion of the training program, the candidates are appointed as IRS officers and are posted to various regions across the country to carry out their duties and responsibilities of collecting and managing direct taxes.
IRS OFFICER 2023 - Exam Important Dates
|IRS OFFICER Application Start||02-Feb- 2023|
|IRS OFFICER 2023 Last date||22-Feb-2023|
|IRS OFFICER 2023 Exam||July-2023|
|IRS OFFICER Result||———– 2023|
IRS OFFICER 2023 Application Form
The Lecturer Application Form. Below are the typical details that are required to be filled in the application form:
- Personal Details: This includes information such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, gender, nationality, etc.
- Contact Details: Candidates need to provide their email address, phone number, and complete postal address, including the PIN code.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must provide details of their academic qualifications, such as the name of the qualifying exam, board/university, year of passing, marks obtained, etc.
- Choice of Exam Center: Candidates can select their preferred exam center from the list of available centers.
- Photograph and Signature: Candidates are required to upload a scanned copy of their recent passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Application Fee Payment: After filling in all the required details, candidates must pay the application fee through online mode using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
It is important to fill in all the details correctly and carefully as any mistake or discrepancy in the application form may lead to rejection or cancellation of the candidate’s application.
IRS OFFICER 2022-2023- Application Fee:
- Registration fee will be paid through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to pay online fee using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable once paid.
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|SC/ ST/PWD||Rs. 0/-|
|Female candidates||Rs. 0/-|
How to Apply for IRS OFFICER 2023:
- Visit the official website of UPSC – www.upsc.gov.in.
- Look for the Civil Services Examination notification and read it carefully.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in the required details such as personal information, educational qualifications, and other relevant details.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other supporting documents as per the specifications provided by the UPSC.
- Pay the application fee online through the available payment modes.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
IRS OFFICER 2023 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution.
- The candidate must be between 21 to 32 years of age as on 1st August 2023. Age relaxation is provided as per government rules.
- The application fee for the Civil Services Examination is Rs. 100 for general category candidates. SC/ST/PWD and female candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
- The selection process includes three stages – Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Personal Interview.
- The starting salary of an IRS Officer is around Rs. 56,100 per month, and it varies as per the pay scale and level of the post.
- Yes, candidates from any state in India are eligible to apply for the IRS Officer post.
- Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/3rd for every incorrect answer in the Preliminary and Main Examination.
IRS OFFICER 2023 - Eligibility Criteria:
|Nationality||Must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India|
|Age Limit||Between 21 to 32 years of age as on 1st August 2023 (age relaxation as per government rules)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution|
|Number of Attempts|
General category candidates: 6 attempts,
OBC candidates: 9 attempts,
SC/ST candidates: Unlimited attempts until the upper age limit is reached,
PWD candidates (general category): 9 attempts, PWD candidates (OBC): 9+3 attempts,
PWD candidates (SC/ST): Unlimited attempts until the upper age limit is reached
|Physical Standards||Must meet the prescribed physical standards as per the guidelines provided in the official notification|
IRS OFFICER 2022-2023 Rank List
The rank list for the IRS Officer Recruitment 2022-2023 will be released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) after the completion of all stages of the selection process, which includes the Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Personal Interview. The UPSC will prepare a merit list of candidates who qualify in all the stages of the selection process, based on their marks and overall performance.
The final result and rank list will be published on the official website of the UPSC, and candidates can check their results and ranks using their roll number and name. The rank list will be based on the total marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Personal Interview, and the final selection will be based on the rank obtained by the candidates and the availability of vacancies.
It is important to note that the rank list is only valid for the current year’s recruitment, and candidates who do not make it to the list will have to apply again in the next year’s recruitment if they wish to continue pursuing the IRS Officer post.
IRS OFFICER 2022-2023 Cut Off
The cut off for the IRS Officer Recruitment 2022-2023 will be released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) after the completion of all stages of the selection process, which includes the Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Personal Interview. The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate needs to obtain in order to move on to the next stage of the selection process.
The cut off marks will be determined by various factors, such as the number of vacancies, the difficulty level of the exam, and the overall performance of the candidates. The cut off marks will be different for each category of candidates, such as General, OBC, SC, ST, and PWD.
Candidates who score equal to or above the cut off marks in the Preliminary Examination will be eligible to appear for the Main Examination, and those who score equal to or above the cut off marks in the Main Examination will be called for the Personal Interview. The final cut off marks will be based on the combined marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Personal Interview.
The cut off marks will be released along with the result and rank list on the official website of the UPSC. Candidates can check the cut off marks using their roll number and name. It is important to note that meeting the cut off marks does not guarantee selection, as the final selection will depend on the rank obtained by the candidate and the availability of vacancies.
IRS OFFICER 2023 Vacancy Process
The vacancy process for the IRS Officer Recruitment 2023 will be initiated by the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, which is the recruiting authority for the post of IRS Officer. The vacancies for the IRS Officer post are usually announced through an official notification on the website of the Department of Revenue and in leading national newspapers.
The number of vacancies for the IRS Officer post will be specified in the official notification and will depend on the requirements of the Department of Revenue. The vacancies will be divided into different categories, such as General, OBC, SC, ST, and PWD, and candidates will have to apply under the appropriate category.
The selection process for the IRS Officer post will consist of three stages – Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Personal Interview. Candidates who qualify in all the stages of the selection process will be included in the final rank list and will be considered for appointment to the available vacancies.
The final vacancies for the IRS Officer post will be determined based on the number of candidates who qualify in all the stages of the selection process and the availability of vacancies in various departments of the Department of Revenue. The vacancies will be allotted based on the rank obtained by the candidates and their preferences for the available departments.
It is important to note that the number of vacancies and the selection process may vary from year to year, and candidates should refer to the official notification for the most updated information on the vacancy process for the IRS Officer Recruitment 2023.