NIMCET stands for National Institute of Technology (NIT) MCA Common Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance examination conducted by one of the participating NITs on a rotational basis every year. NIMCET is the entrance examination for admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program offered by the participating NITs across India.
The NIMCET exam consists of multiple-choice questions in subjects such as Mathematics, Analytical Ability, Computer Awareness, and General English. The exam is conducted in offline mode, and the duration of the exam is 2 hours.
NIMCET (National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test) is a national level entrance exam conducted by one of the participating National Institutes of Technology (NITs) for admission to their Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme.
The exam is usually held in May-June and consists of 120 multiple choice questions covering four sections – Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and General English. The exam duration is two hours and the medium of the question paper is English.
The NIMCET exam is open to Indian nationals with a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA for SC/ST/PWD candidates). Final year students can also apply, provided they meet the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
NIMCET 2023 - Exam Important Dates
|NIMCET Application Start||05-March- 2023|
|NIMCET 2023 Last date||10-April-2023|
|NIMCET 2023 Entrance Exam||June-2023|
|NIMCET Result||———– 2023|
NIMCET 2023 Application Form
The Lecturer Application Form. Below are the typical details that are required to be filled in the application form:
- Personal Details: This includes information such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, gender, nationality, etc.
- Contact Details: Candidates need to provide their email address, phone number, and complete postal address, including the PIN code.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must provide details of their academic qualifications, such as the name of the qualifying exam, board/university, year of passing, marks obtained, etc.
- Choice of Exam Center: Candidates can select their preferred exam center from the list of available centers.
- Photograph and Signature: Candidates are required to upload a scanned copy of their recent passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Application Fee Payment: After filling in all the required details, candidates must pay the application fee through online mode using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
It is important to fill in all the details correctly and carefully as any mistake or discrepancy in the application form may lead to rejection or cancellation of the candidate’s application.
NIMCET 2022-2023- Application Fee:
- Registration fee will be paid through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to pay online fee using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable once paid.
Here we have provided the application fee.
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 2500/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 1250/-|
|PWD candidates||Rs. 1250/-|
How to Apply for NIMCET 2023:
- Visit the official website of NIMCET: https://www.nimcet.in/
- Click on the “Registration” link and create an account by providing your personal details such as name, email ID, mobile number, etc.
- After registration, login to your account and fill in the NIMCET application form with all the necessary details such as personal details, educational qualifications, category, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After successful payment of the application fee, submit the application form and take a printout of it for future reference.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
NIMCET 2023 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A: NIMCET stands for National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by NITs for admission into their MCA programs.
A: The official dates for NIMCET 2023 have not been announced yet. However, it is expected to be conducted in the month of May or June 2023.
A: The eligibility criteria for NIMCET 2023 are as follows:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects in their Bachelor’s degree or at 10+2 level.
A: The application fee for NIMCET 2023 is expected to be around Rs. 2500 for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 1250 for SC/ST/PWD candidates. However, the official fee will be announced with the release of the official notification.
A: The exam pattern for NIMCET 2023 is as follows:
- The exam will be conducted in online mode (Computer-Based Test).
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will consist of 120 multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be asked from four sections – Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and General English.
- Each correct answer will carry 4 marks, and there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
A: The syllabus for NIMCET 2023 includes the following topics:
- Mathematics: Set Theory, Probability and Statistics, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors, Trigonometry.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Computer Aptitude.
- Computer Awareness: Computer Basics, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, and Computer Language.
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic Grammar, and Writing Ability.
A: The participating institutes of NIMCET 2023 are the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) located in Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli, and Warangal.
NIMCET 2023 - Eligibility Criteria:
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized university or institute.|
|Minimum Marks||At least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (out of 10) in qualifying examination. For SC/ST category candidates, minimum marks required is 55% or 6.0 CGPA (out of 10).|
|Nationality||Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||No age limit.|
|No. Of Attempts||No restriction on the number of attempts.|
Note: Candidates appearing for their final year qualifying examination can also apply for NIMCET 2023, but they must submit proof of their qualifying examination at the time of admission. Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission. Candidates must also qualify for the NIMCET 2023 entrance examination and fulfill the other requirements specified by the participating NITs.
NIMCET 2022-2023 Rank List
You can visit the official NIMCET website for the latest updates regarding the rank list and other important information.
NIMCET 2022-2023 Cut Off
The NIMCET 2022-2023 cut off is the minimum score or rank required by a candidate to be eligible for admission into the MCA program offered by participating NITs. The cut off is determined by the exam conducting authority based on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appeared for the exam, and the total number of seats available in the participating NITs.The NIMCET 2022-2023 cut off will be released after the declaration of the entrance exam result. The cut off may vary for each participating NIT and category of the candidate. Candidates who meet the cut off criteria will be eligible for participating in the counseling and seat allotment process.
The previous year’s NIMCET cut off trends are as follows:
|Category||NIMCET 2021 Cut Off (Closing Rank)|
|Open – PwD||698|
|OBC – PwD||1698|
|SC – PwD||537|
|ST – PwD||410|
Note: The cut off mentioned above is for reference purposes only. The actual cut off for NIMCET 2022-2023 may vary depending on various factors.
NIMCET 2023 Admission Process
- NIMCET 2023 Entrance Examination: Candidates must appear for the NIMCET 2023 entrance examination conducted by the exam conducting authority. The exam will consist of multiple-choice questions and will test the candidate’s knowledge in Mathematics, Analytical Ability, Computer Awareness, and General English.
- Declaration of Results: The exam conducting authority will declare the NIMCET 2023 results on the official website. Candidates can check their results by logging in with their registered credentials.
- Merit List: Based on the candidate’s performance in the NIMCET 2023 entrance examination, the exam conducting authority will prepare a merit list. Candidates who meet the cut off criteria will be eligible for participating in the counseling and seat allotment process.
- Counseling and Seat Allotment: The counseling and seat allotment process will be conducted by the participating NITs. Candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam and are eligible for counseling must register themselves online and provide their preferred choices of NITs and MCA programs. The participating NITs will prepare a list of candidates based on their merit and preferences, and seats will be allotted accordingly.
- Document Verification: Candidates who have been allotted a seat must report to the allotted NIT for document verification. They must carry all the necessary documents such as the NIMCET 2023 scorecard, counseling letter, identity proof, and educational certificates.
- Fee Payment: Candidates who have been allotted a seat must pay the admission fee and complete the admission formalities to confirm their admission into the MCA program offered by participating NITs.
It is important to note that the admission process may vary for each participating NIT. Candidates are advised to visit the official website of the participating NITs for detailed information on the admission process.
Most Popular Links:
|BHU Exam – Careerguide|
|Goa GPSC Admission Process|
|BSSC CGL Admit Card 2023, Exam Pattern, Exam Dat|
|Jharkhand Police Exam FEE, Eligibility Criteria… – Careerguide|
|NIA Recruitment 2023|