Nova Southeastern University (NSU) could be a private, non-profit investigate university found in Post Lauderdale, Florida. It was established in 1964 and is the sixth-largest private university within the Joined together States. NSU has over 30,000 understudies selected in undergraduate, graduate, and proficient programs.
NSU is certify by the Southern Affiliation of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
NSU incorporates a solid inquire about center. It has over 100 investigate centers and establishing, and its workforce has distributed over 10,000 articles in peer-reviewed diaries.
NSU is additionally a part of the Affiliation of American Universities (AAU), which could be a gather of 65 driving inquire about colleges within the Joined together States and Canada.
NSU may be a diverse university. Almost half of its understudies are first-generation college understudies, and almost 40% are from minority bunches.
NSU could be a great choice for understudies who are searching for a comprehensive college with a solid investigate center and a assorted understudy body.
- It is a private research university located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- It was founded in 1964 and has over 28,000 students.
- NSU offers over 200 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs.
- It is ranked #219 in the 2022-2023 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges.
- NSU is only 1 of 59 universities nationwide recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both High Research Activity and Community Engagement.
- NSU’s sports teams, the Sharks, compete in the Sunshine State Conference (SSC).
- Notable alumni of NSU include former NFL player Jason Taylor, former NBA player Alonzo Mourning, and actress Vivica A. Fox.
Here are some specific highlights of NSU’s programs and research:
- The College of Dental Medicine is one of the top dental schools in the country.
- The College of Osteopathic Medicine is the only osteopathic medical school in South Florida.
- The Shepard Broad College of Law is ranked among the top 100 law schools in the country.
- The College of Pharmacy is ranked among the top 50 pharmacy schools in the country.
- The Halmos College of Arts and Sciences is home to the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, one of the leading research centers on autism in the world.
- The Oceanographic Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive oceanographic research centers in the United States.
|April 19, 2023||Registration opens|
|August 27, 2023||Registration closes|
|August 21, 2023||First day of classes|
|December 10, 2023||Last day of classes|
|December 12-16, 2023||Final exams|
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is ranked #219 in the 2022-2023 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges. It is also ranked #97 in Best Value Schools and #123 in Top Performers on Social Mobility.
NSU is a private research university located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was founded in 1964 and has over 28,000 students. NSU offers over 200 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs.
Some of NSU’s top-ranked programs include:
Courses Fees & Eligibility
|Course||Tuition (Undergraduate)||Tuition (Graduate)||Eligibility|
|Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration||$47,180||$52,880||High school diploma or equivalent, SAT or ACT scores, essay, letters of recommendation|
|Master of Business Administration||$52,880||$58,680||Bachelor’s degree, GMAT scores, essay, letters of recommendation|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||$69,980||$76,880||Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field, PCAT scores, essay, letters of recommendation|
|Juris Doctor||$56,880||$62,680||Bachelor’s degree, LSAT scores, essay, letters of recommendation|
|Doctor of Physical Therapy||$79,980||$86,880||Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field, GRE scores, essay, letters of recommendation|
Nova Southeastern College employments a all encompassing confirmations prepare, which implies that they consider a assortment of components when assessing applications, counting scholarly execution, standardized test scores, extracurricular exercises, and individual expositions.
The university does not discharge official cutoffs for affirmation, but they do give a extend of scores that are considered competitive for each scholastic program. For illustration, the normal SAT score for conceded understudies to the College of Expressions and Sciences is 1200-1300, and the normal ACT score is 27-30.
The university moreover incorporates a least GPA prerequisite of 3.0 for most programs. However, some programs may have higher GPA prerequisites.
If you’re fascinated by applying to Nova Southeastern University, I prescribe merely visit the university’s site to memorize more around the affirmations prepare and to see the particular prerequisites for the program you’re curious about.
Concurring to the university’s site, the normal acknowledgment rate for Nova Southeastern University in 2023 was 87.2%. This implies that for each 100 understudies who connected, 87 were acknowledged.
In any case, the acknowledgment rate for each program shifts. For case, the acknowledgment rate for the College of Dental Pharmaceutical is 10%, whereas the acknowledgment rate for the university of Expressions and Sciences is 60%.
On the off chance that you’re inquisitive about applying to Nova Southeastern university, I recommend that you simply visit the university’s site to memorize more around the particular acknowledgment rates for the program you’re curious about.
The college will inform you of their choice inside one to two weeks for master’s programs and one to two months for doctoral programs. You may be informed by mail as before long as a choice has been made.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) has a strong alumni network that can help students with their job search. The university’s Career Development Office offers a variety of resources to help students find internships and jobs, including:
- Job search workshops
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Interview coaching
- Networking opportunities
- Job postings
The university also partners with a variety of employers to offer internships and jobs to NSU students. In the 2021-2022 academic year, NSU students had over 10,000 internship and job opportunities.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) offers a variety of scholarships to students who demonstrate academic achievement, leadership, and financial need.
Here are some of the scholarships available to undergraduate students:
- Presidential Scholars Scholarship: This full-tuition scholarship is awarded to incoming freshmen with outstanding academic achievement.
- Razor’s Edge Scholarship: This scholarship provides tuition and housing for incoming freshmen who demonstrate academic achievement and leadership potential.
- Fischler Academy Scholarship: This scholarship provides tuition for incoming freshmen who are interested in pursuing a career in business.
- Huizenga Business Innovation Academy Scholarship: This scholarship provides tuition and a start-up investment for incoming freshmen who are interested in pursuing a career in entrepreneurship.
Here are some of the scholarships available to graduate students:
- Dean’s Scholarship: This scholarship provides tuition and a stipend for graduate students with outstanding academic achievement.
- Faculty Fellowships: These fellowships provide tuition, stipend, and research support for graduate students who are conducting research with a faculty member.
- Graduate Assistantships: These positions provide tuition remission and a stipend for graduate students who are working as teaching or research assistants.
The most campus of Nova Southeastern College is found in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It could be a 314-acre campus with a assortment of scholarly buildings, private lobbies, athletic offices, and other conveniences.
The campus is domestic to over 28,000 understudies and is known for its excellent arranging and its commitment to maintainability. The campus has been recognized by the American College & College Presidents Climate Commitment and the Affiliation for the Progression of Maintainability in Higher Instruction.
Some of the notable features of the Nova Southeastern University campus include:
- The Alvin Sherman Library: The Alvin Sherman Library is the largest library in South Florida and houses over 1.5 million volumes.
- The Oceanographic Center: The Oceanographic Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive oceanographic research centers in the United States.
- The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities: The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities is one of the leading research centers on autism in the world.
- The Shepard Broad Law Center: The Shepard Broad Law Center is ranked among the top 100 law schools in the country.
- The College of Dental Medicine: The College of Dental Medicine is one of the top dental schools in the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, NSU is a good university. It is ranked #219 in the 2022-2023 edition of US News & World Report’s Best Colleges. NSU is also a member of the Association of American Universities, which is a prestigious group of 65 research universities in the United States and Canada.
The early acceptance rate for NSU in 2023 was 87.2%. The regular decision acceptance rate is not yet released.
NSU is test-optional, so you do not need to submit SAT or ACT scores to apply. However, if you do submit scores, the average SAT score for admitted students is 1220 and the average ACT score is 26.