Seattle Pacific University (SPU) may be a private Christian university in Seattle, Washington. It was established in 1891 by the Free Methodist Church of America and is associated with the Joined together Methodist Church. SPU offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a assortment of areas, counting commerce, instruction, designing, wellbeing sciences, and the expressions.
The university features a student-faculty proportion of 12:1 and an normal course
SPU is known for its solid scholastics and its commitment to Christian values. measure of 25 understudies. SPU too offers a assortment of extracurricular exercises, counting understudy government, crews and sororities, and intramural sports.
Some of the notable events in the history of Seattle Pacific University include:
- 1891: Seattle Seminary and College is founded by Nils and Adelaide Peterson.
- 1913: The name is changed to Seattle Pacific College and the university moves to its current campus in North Seattle.
- 1967: Seattle Pacific College becomes Seattle Pacific University and begins offering graduate programs.
- 1991: SPU celebrates its centennial anniversary.
- 2001: SPU is ranked as one of the best colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report.
- 2013: SPU opens the new School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- 2023: SPU celebrates its 132nd anniversary.
- Academics: SPU is known for its strong academics and is ranked as one of the best colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report. The university offers over 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields.
- Diversity: SPU has a diverse student body, with students from over 50 countries. The university is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students.
- Commitment to social justice: SPU is committed to social justice and prepares students to be leaders in the world. The university offers a variety of opportunities for students to get involved in social justice work.
- Campus life: SPU has a vibrant campus life with a variety of student organizations, clubs, and activities. Students can also participate in intramural sports, Greek life, and service opportunities.
- Location: SPU is located in Seattle, Washington, a vibrant city with a lot to offer students. Seattle is home to many cultural attractions, such as museums, theaters, and music venues.
Here are some other notable highlights of Seattle Pacific University:
- The university has a student-faculty ratio of 12:1, which means that students have plenty of opportunities to get to know their professors and get individualized attention.
- SPU is also home to a number of research centers and institutes, which give students the opportunity to conduct original research under the guidance of experienced faculty members.
- The university is also committed to sustainability and has a number of initiatives in place to reduce its environmental impact.
|Early Decision Application Deadline||November 1|
|Regular Decision Application Deadline||January 1|
|Notification of Admission||March 15|
|Deposit Deadline||May 1|
|Move-In Day||August 22|
|First Day of Classes||August 29|
|Commencement||May 12, 2024|
- U.S. News & World Report: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #132 among national universities and #12 in the West.
- The Princeton Review: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #46 among best colleges in the West and #48 in best colleges for undergraduate teaching.
- Forbes: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #506 among best colleges in America.
- Washington Monthly: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #76 among national universities.
- Niche: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #51 among best colleges for diversity in the West.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #49 among best Christian colleges.
- College Consensus: Seattle Pacific University is ranked #104 among best value colleges in the West
Courses Fees & Eligibility
|Undergraduate tuition and fees||$42,700||In-state students|
|Undergraduate tuition and fees||$53,000||Out-of-state students|
|Graduate tuition and fees||$47,000||All students|
|Room and board||$13,500||Students living on campus|
|Meal plan||$3,500||Students living on campus|
|Books and supplies||$1,000||All students|
|Personal expenses||$1,000||All students|
Seattle Pacific University does not have published cutoffs for admission. However, the university does consider a variety of factors when making admissions decisions, including:
- Academic performance: The university looks at a student’s high school GPA, SAT or ACT scores, and class rank.
- Recommendations: The university considers letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, and other mentors.
- Essays: The university requires students to submit an essay as part of their application.
- Extracurricular activities: The university looks at a student’s involvement in extracurricular activities, such as sports, clubs, and volunteer work.
- Personal qualities: The university considers a student’s character, motivation, and goals.
According to the Seattle Pacific University website, you will receive your decision notification within 6-8 weeks of submitting your application. The university sends out admission decisions on a rolling basis, meaning that they are released as soon as they are made.
You will receive an email with your decision. The email will also include information about how to accept your offer of admission.
If you are not admitted to SPU, you will also receive an email with your decision. The email will include information about why you were not admitted and what you can do to improve your chances of being admitted in the future.
According to the Seattle Pacific University website, the average placement rate for graduates is 92%. This means that 92% of graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
The university also reports that the average starting salary for graduates is $50,000.
The university’s placement rate is based on a survey of graduates who completed their degree within the past five years. The survey asks graduates about their employment status and salary.
The university’s placement rate is higher than the national average for private colleges and universities. The national average placement rate for private colleges and universities is 80%.
The university’s placement rate is also higher than the national average for Christian colleges and universities. The national average placement rate for Christian colleges and universities is 85%.
- Academic Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students with high academic achievement.
- Athletic Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who participate in varsity sports.
- Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students with a combination of academic achievement and extracurricular activities.
- Need-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Church Match Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who are members of a participating church.
- Special Interest Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students with a particular interest, such as music or the arts.
Seattle Pacific University’s campus is found in North Seattle, Washington. The campus is 65 sections of land and is domestic to over 3,000 understudies. The campus is known for its excellent trees and gardens, and it includes a assortment of scholastic buildings, home lobbies, and athletic offices.
The campus is isolated into two fundamental ranges: the scholarly quad and the private quad. The scholarly quad is domestic to the university’s scholastic buildings, counting the library, the science building, and the trade school. The private quad is domestic to the university’s home lobbies, as well as the understudy union and the athletic center.
The campus is additionally domestic to a number of historical buildings, counting the first Seattle Theological college building, which was built in 1891. The college too contains a number of gardens and green spaces, including the Japanese Plant and the Peace Plant.
The Seattle Pacific College campus could be a lovely and inviting put to memorize and develop. The campus is additionally domestic to a dynamic understudy life, with a assortment of clubs, organizations, and exercises.
Frequently Asked Questions
SPU is ranked among the best universities in the nation. And with a 12:1 student-faculty ratio, our classes help students reach their goals. Students take part in life-changing, diverse community with thriving dorm life, events, intramurals, student clubs, and more. SPU is home to 12 NCAAII teams
Seattle Pacific University’s ranking in the 2022-2023 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #219. Its tuition and fees are $37,158. Seattle Pacific University (SPU) is a private Christian institution located in the Queen Anne residential neighborhood of the city, about 10 minutes from downtown
The most popular majors at Seattle Pacific University include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Health Professions and Related Programs; Psychology; Social Sciences; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Visual and Performing Arts; Engineering; Computer and Information Sciences and Support …