WBJEE stands for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering, pharmacy, and architecture in various colleges and institutions in the state of West Bengal. The exam is typically held in the month of February or March every year. The WBJEEB also conducts a counseling process for the qualified candidates, through which they can get admission to their desired college and course based on their rank and preference.
How to WBJEE Application Form
- Visit the official website of WBJEEB – wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on the link for “WBJEE 2023 Application Form”.
- Register yourself by providing your basic details like name, email id, mobile number, and password.
- Log in using your registered email id and password.
- Fill in the application form with your personal, academic, and other required details.
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode using net banking/credit card/debit card.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations and Mappings, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutation and Combination, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability.
- Physics: Physical World, Measurements, Units and Dimensions, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Solids and Fluids, Oscillations and Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics.
- Chemistry: Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, States of Matter, Gaseous State, Liquid State, Solid State, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, Ionic and Redox Equilibria, Hydrogen, Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds, Chemistry of Metals, Chemistry in Industry, Environmental Chemistry.
Exam pattern WBJEE
The exam pattern for WBJEE is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: WBJEE is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based test).
- Type of Questions: The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Subjects: The exam has three subjects – Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Total Marks: The exam is of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 1 mark. For incorrect answers, 1/4th of the marks allotted to the question are deducted.
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of the exam is 4 hours (2 hours for each paper).
- Language: The question paper is available in English and Bengali languages.
- Sectional Division: Each subject has two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) and each paper has 50 questions of 2 marks each. Paper 1 is of Mathematics and Paper 2 is of Physics and Chemistry.
- Distribution of Questions: Mathematics has 75 questions, Physics has 40 questions, and Chemistry has 40 questions.
- Total Questions: The total number of questions in the exam is 155.
Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly before starting their preparation for WBJEE.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age: The candidate must be at least 17 years old as on December 31, 2023. There is no upper age limit.
- Educational Qualification:
- For Engineering courses: The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology /Computer Science / Computer Application as one of the optional subjects. The minimum aggregate marks in the above subjects should be 45% (40% for reserved categories).
- For Pharmacy courses: The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects. The minimum aggregate marks in the above subjects should be 45% (40% for reserved categories).
- For Architecture courses: The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects. The candidate must also have qualified in NATA/JEE (Main).
- Domicile: The candidate must be a resident of West Bengal or should have lived in the state for at least 10 years.
WBJEE 2023 Accepting Colleges
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Kalyani Government Engineering College, Kalyani
- Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia
- Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata
- Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology, Kolkata
- University Institute of Technology, Burdwan
- Techno India, Kolkata